PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Music

rtotten
05-20-2020, 04:38 PM
This has always been one of my favorite riding albums. Makes me want to go faster..LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ID4RAqCqnQ&list=PLoCWJhz_4WqH47_5SSSxr1E2CYQYPpA6r

RICZ
05-20-2020, 04:47 PM
I must be from a different and older generation. If I were to listen to music while riding, which I don't, here's one of mine.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlI36K0KOQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvIYaYvVImc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owq7hgzna3E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC3BjIyq_0

Northofthesix
05-20-2020, 05:41 PM
Lots of 70's stuff ... Jethro Tull, Janis Joplin, Stones, Led Zep, Guns'n'Roses.... in the absence of loud pipes, loud music shall suffice!!

NoahMercy
05-21-2020, 03:17 PM
My MP3 has stuff from Kid Rock, Led Zeppelin, Kongos, Johnny Cash, Metallica, Roy Clark, Saliva, KC and the Sunshine Band, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Ohio Players, Simple Minds, AC/DC, Collective Soul, Beat Farmers, Rob Zombie, Guess Who, Devo, GRiZ, Prince, Marilyn Manson, Queen, and about seventy other artists spanning the '60s to today. If it makes me want to tap my toe, bop my head, or twist my wrist, it's all good...

carbonation
05-21-2020, 04:06 PM
Got tired of changing CD's about 5 years ago at Christmas for background music, so finally dove into the deep end and built a music storage and playback computer.Small form Dell, 1TB drive, dB Poweramp rip and conversion software and JRiver for playback.
Love jazz and blues, grew up on Rush, KISS, Van Halen, etc. so have a lot of rock. Elvis, Grass Roots, Johnny Mathis 60's and 70's stuff. Classical, Bach, Beethoven. A couple thousand country songs. And about 8 hours of Christmas classics. A little over 11,000 songs and growing.
All in lossless FLAC, I convert to Apple Lossless to load on the iPhone and playback in my helmet on the Spyder.
I still have a German Dual turntable, but don't spin vinyl often. I got really lazy controlling the music from a tablet.
Home system is a 70's Kenwood, completely gone over, recapped and noisy transistors replaced. Klipsch loudspeakers. And a Maverick Audio tube DAC with an NOS Tesla tube from Czech Republic, and Dexa discrete op-amps. Sennheiser headphones. Sounds like a lot of equipment, but it's just a hobby for me. Audiophiles use me to laugh at. But I can play at concert volumes, and the Klipsch move enough air to lift the pictures hanging on the wall off the nails. If I crank it to 10 the sun dims.

Peter Aawen
05-21-2020, 07:26 PM
I dunno bout all this stuff?!? :dontknow: The only 'music' I listen to while ryding is the one that I adjust the volume on by how far/hard I twist my right wrist!! :shocked:

And when I'm out cruising, I listen to the Song of the Road, the tires on the bitumen, the engine purring along, and everything else going on around me as we cruise on by! And of course, the dulcet sounds of my Missus' saying 'Do we hafta stop yet?!' Best music EVER!! :ohyea: :yes:

stmike 1800
05-22-2020, 05:09 AM
I think we are living in the danger zone .

RapidSpyder
05-22-2020, 07:59 AM
Being the non-conformist my playlist consists of older country (Alabama, Sawyer Brown, Shenandoah, BlackHawk...), Canadian Country (Paul Brandt, High Valley, Dallas Smith,...) and some Contemporary Christian. I like to be able to understand the words, but that’s just me.

Peacekeeper6
05-22-2020, 01:09 PM
This has always been one of my favorite riding albums. Makes me want to go faster..LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ID4RAqCqnQ&list=PLoCWJhz_4WqH47_5SSSxr1E2CYQYPpA6r

Eh.

This song is more applicable when I'm on two-wheels.

IMO, riding our Spyder is more sedate and lackadaisical, and not as dangerous. That said, I'm more inclined to listen to songs such as Allman Brother's "Midnight Rider" or Bob Seger's "Turn The Page".

And my Two Brothers Racing exhaust, LOL.

YMMV....

Wahrsuul
05-29-2020, 08:40 AM
Words are not always necessary - Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Hyper, Glitch Mob, Automatica, The Animusic Soundtracks. Kitaro, 2 Cellos and Lindsey Stirling for less electronic sounds.

Understanding the words isn't always necessary for me - Show-ya and Band Maid are Japanese bands I like.

Leo Moracchioli does some interesting "heavy metal" versions of popular songs.

Symphonic Rock/Metal - Edenbrige, Magenta, Nightwish...

In other music I go from 50's do-wop to current emo/goth rock. Some of my current favorites are Birthday Massacre, Ghost and Apocalypse Orchestra.

I don't believe in forcing others to listen to my music so I never use the system on the tryke. I run everything from my Note 9 to a Cardo Freecom 2 in the helmet.

frigmall
05-29-2020, 09:42 AM
Joe Bonamassa all day long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz5vpT_BcMM

ARtraveler
05-29-2020, 09:50 AM
We use the radio very little. Most of our "road noise" is communication between bikes. I keep Linda informed about road conditions ahead.

LongIsland
05-29-2020, 10:14 AM
How do those of you who posted youtube links watch the videos while you ride? Are you able to watch them on the BRP screen? :roflblack::roflblack:

johnv50
05-29-2020, 11:00 AM
I use my USB stick almost full time, Very little radio. Artists include Moody Blues, Sade, CCR, George Thourgood, Phil Collins, Harry Chapin,
America, Aerosmith, BeeGees, CSN, Don Henley, Eagkes, Rod Stewart, Simon and Garfunkle, Toto, and an assortment of others. Nothing like
listening clearly at highway speed, thanks to my 2017 F3L.

johnv

Deanna777
05-29-2020, 11:18 AM
I use my USB stick almost full time, Very little radio. Artists include Moody Blues, Sade, CCR, George Thourgood, Phil Collins, Harry Chapin,
America, Aerosmith, BeeGees, CSN, Don Henley, Eagkes, Rod Stewart, Simon and Garfunkle, Toto, and an assortment of others. Nothing like
listening clearly at highway speed, thanks to my 2017 F3L.

johnv

Also thru in some BTO, & Bog Segar , Def Leppard.

Deanna

Raprider
05-29-2020, 11:30 AM
Words are not always necessary - Synergy, Tangerine Dream, Hyper, Glitch Mob, Automatica, The Animusic Soundtracks. Kitaro, 2 Cellos and Lindsey Stirling for less electronic sounds.

Interesting...I think I'll at least check into adding a Tangerine Dream playlist...I've listened to them in the past.

Raprider
05-29-2020, 11:36 AM
I'm mostly into classic rock/60's/70's, so have Pandora stations set up for Stones, Who, Zeppelin, CCR (and all their contemporaries) in main rotation...but also stuff like Talking Heads, Clash, Ramones , B-52's, Bowie for those 'up-tempo' rydes ;) Pink Floyd and Grateful Dead also, but less frequently...not 'ryding' music for me.
This is all thru the Sena when ryding solo...2-up I'm generally on intercom with the missus.

ollicat
05-30-2020, 10:41 PM

Understanding the words isn't always necessary for me - Show-ya and Band Maid are Japanese bands I like.

Leo Moracchioli does some interesting "heavy metal" versions of popular songs.

Symphonic Rock/Metal - Edenbrige, Magenta, Nightwish...

In other music I go from 50's do-wop to current emo/goth rock. Some of my current favorites are Birthday Massacre, Ghost and Apocalypse Orchestra.

I don't believe in forcing others to listen to my music so I never use the system on the tryke. I run everything from my Note 9 to a Cardo Freecom 2 in the helmet.

A fellow symphonic metal fan. Love me some Night Wish and Within Temptation, Avantasia, and more.

badsix
05-30-2020, 11:01 PM
I don't have a spyder yet. but in my street rod I Bluetooth Spotify music to my sound system AC/DC, Guns&Roses ,Ozzy, ZZ Tophttps://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181752&stc=1&d=1590897475
Jay D.

badsix
05-30-2020, 11:03 PM
Also thru in some BTO, & Bog Segar , Def Leppard.

Deanna
DASH LOOKS COOL is it an aftermarket? its says painted did you paint it?
Jay D.

badsix
05-30-2020, 11:10 PM
Got tired of changing CD's about 5 years ago at Christmas for background music, so finally dove into the deep end and built a music storage and playback computer.Small form Dell, 1TB drive, dB Poweramp rip and conversion software and JRiver for playback.
Love jazz and blues, grew up on Rush, KISS, Van Halen, etc. so have a lot of rock. Elvis, Grass Roots, Johnny Mathis 60's and 70's stuff. Classical, Bach, Beethoven. A couple thousand country songs. And about 8 hours of Christmas classics. A little over 11,000 songs and growing.
All in lossless FLAC, I convert to Apple Lossless to load on the iPhone and playback in my helmet on the Spyder.
I still have a German Dual turntable, but don't spin vinyl often. I got really lazy controlling the music from a tablet.
Home system is a 70's Kenwood, completely gone over, recapped and noisy transistors replaced. Klipsch loudspeakers. And a Maverick Audio tube DAC with an NOS Tesla tube from Czech Republic, and Dexa discrete op-amps. Sennheiser headphones. Sounds like a lot of equipment, but it's just a hobby for me. Audiophiles use me to laugh at. But I can play at concert volumes, and the Klipsch move enough air to lift the pictures hanging on the wall off the nails. If I crank it to 10 the sun dims.

70s Kenwood, wouldn't be a KR9600 would it. LOTS OF POWER!
Jay D.

pegasus1300
05-30-2020, 11:29 PM
I also like to listen to Stan Rogers, have a Pandora station for him and similar music.

Bangorbob
05-31-2020, 09:14 AM
I listen to anything from the 50's, 60's, and some 70's. Also country-the older stuff and big band. As long as I don't have to hear the ringing in my ears I'm happy.

Wahrsuul
06-08-2020, 07:06 AM
I listen to anything from the 50's, 60's, and some 70's. Also country-the older stuff and big band. As long as I don't have to hear the ringing in my ears I'm happy.

Seems no mater what I listen to, I still hear the ringing. Just have to ignore it as best I can.

Deanna777
06-08-2020, 07:31 PM
DASH LOOKS COOL is it an aftermarket? its says painted did you paint it?
Jay D.

Sorry off topic.

Yes it is an aftermarket dashboard.

No I did not paint it.
The dashboard is my 2nd one. The OEM dashboard was painted by ( mike- Blueknight911) after I bought my current spyder.

Back on topic, I listen to some 70's, 80's music.

Deanna