PDA

View Full Version : Those with an Odyssey Battery

P.W.
05-16-2020, 09:14 PM
Hello all,
Odyssey's web site says "battery is shorter in length and height than original" ......But doesn't say by how much

For those who have installed an Odyssey Battery in there RT ......Can you tell me if I will need to make mods to make it fit properly?
I mean.....How well does it fit in the spyder battery box / hold down?

Thanks for your time and help!
P.W.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-17-2020, 03:13 AM
If your RT is the 1330 engine model, it really won't be an issue ..... however there have been posts here of folks who didn't have good results from their Odyssey ....... Mike :thumbup:

P.W.
05-17-2020, 05:41 AM
Thanks for the heads up Mike!
I'll do some more researching into the Odyssey before buying.

P.W.

jcthorne
05-17-2020, 10:32 AM
Odyssey is the only battery we sell other than Yuasa. I have the Odyssey in my own bike. If the web site did not mention the small difference in size, you would not have noticed. its a couple mm. Battery fits fine and secure in bracket and top plate with rubber hold down. OEM cables attach normally. Its a drop in replacement.

All that said, for the extra money over the Yuasa, I am just not convinced of what it offers. its a great battery and its working fine. Cranks the bike right over but so does a Yuasa. My Odyssey is just over 2 yrs old at this point.

I have Odyssey in my diesel truck and was very impressed with them in that application. Significantly better starting in the winter compared to brand new Motorcraft or Interstate batteries. They are now 4 yrs old and working fine which is a year longer so far than any battery has lasted in that truck. But not really sure how that applies to the Spyder.

P.W.
05-17-2020, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the in site! I appreciate you taking your time to reply.

P.W.

Gldwnger
05-21-2020, 07:42 PM
This is what I have in mine.Purchased at Batteries Plus. 500 C.A. spins it pretty good.181477181478

jaherbst
05-21-2020, 10:38 PM
Odyssey is the only battery we sell other than Yuasa. I have the Odyssey in my own bike. If the web site did not mention the small difference in size, you would not have noticed. its a couple mm. Battery fits fine and secure in bracket and top plate with rubber hold down. OEM cables attach normally. Its a drop in replacement.

All that said, for the extra money over the Yuasa, I am just not convinced of what it offers. its a great battery and its working fine. Cranks the bike right over but so does a Yuasa. My Odyssey is just over 2 yrs old at this point.

I have Odyssey in my diesel truck and was very impressed with them in that application. Significantly better starting in the winter compared to brand new Motorcraft or Interstate batteries. They are now 4 yrs old and working fine which is a year longer so far than any battery has lasted in that truck. But not really sure how that applies to the Spyder.

I would agree. Have used them in M/C Harley and BMW. Yuasa does not last as long in the heat here in Tucson but are still IMO a good product when the do not source out.

Jack