PDA

View Full Version : McGraw Powersports Extended Warranty

TheCajun1957
05-15-2020, 06:27 PM
Went back to the dealer I bought my spyder from. They quoted me $1200 for 4 years extended warranty after Manufactures warranty expires. Is this a good deal? Anyone have good or bad experience with McGraw extended warranty?

JayBros
05-15-2020, 07:13 PM
You should be able to compare McGraw and B.E.S.T. warranty details online; if not get a copy of the former from your dealer. READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY. I know nothing about McGraw; never heard of 'em.

Bfromla
05-15-2020, 11:17 PM
You should be able to compare McGraw and B.E.S.T. warranty details online; if not get a copy of the former from your dealer. READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY. I know nothing about McGraw; never heard of 'em.:agree: :dontknow::lecturef_smilie:especially with 4years extended thought max was 3. However did get email from BRP about adjusting the warranties in light of COVID. :dontknow::popcorn: Hopefully is legit & good deal.

RICZ
05-15-2020, 11:44 PM
It is generally a good policy to avoid a third party warranty. They occasionally go away without a trace. Best to go with the mfrs warranty.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-16-2020, 01:12 AM
You should be able to compare McGraw and B.E.S.T. warranty details online; if not get a copy of the former from your dealer. READ THE FINE PRINT VERY CAREFULLY. I know nothing about McGraw; never heard of 'em.

:agree: .... never heard of them either ...... and make sure this isn't Really a Service plan .... which requires you to have ONLY the Selling Dealer do the work ....... good luck .... Mike :thumbup:

troop
05-16-2020, 08:03 AM
I agree with those above. Get the Can-Am 3 year B.E.S.T from Imotorsports/Sierra for $670

TheCajun1957
05-16-2020, 08:12 AM
Does anyone have a different extended warranty, besides the BEST that they are satisfied with? Just trying to find options.

LongIsland
05-16-2020, 09:17 AM
Does anyone have a different extended warranty, besides the BEST that they are satisfied with? Just trying to find options.

I went online to look at a McGraw Powersports Extended Contract (not warranty) and found that is also known as the Western Service Contract. In 2018, I went against the tide and purchased the Extended Service Contract from Western Service Contract Corp. for an additional 2 years. It was less expensive than the BEST and there is no deductible (I believe there is a $50 deductible under the BEST). I used it to replace the air compressor with no problem, at a dealer that did not sell me the contract. That one service paid for the service contract (599). It can be used at any dealer or certified repair shop. I still have a month and a half left on it and hope not to use it. I have a 2014 RT Ltd.

TheCajun1957
05-16-2020, 11:44 AM
I am told, no deductible. rental coverage, towing is covered and it seems that it may cover more this the BEST coverage. I know they say covered but usually have restrictions. I like the idea any dealer or repair shop, if I am on the road traveling.

Peacekeeper6
05-16-2020, 12:23 PM
My sales guy recommend me an outfit called Aegis. In his words, "Aegis is better, no deductible, and available at all Can-Am dealers".

It's $1675 for 3 years though.

2dogs
05-16-2020, 12:46 PM
I currently have the 4 year McGraw policy on my 2014 RTS. Truly it's a crap shoot as to whether or not to buy and extended warranty on a spyder. I've had McGraw on bikes in the past but never had to use it. Tongue in cheek, that's one good reason to purchase them, however read closely the exclusions section of the policies your looking at. That's where the the rubber meets the road on warranty policies. Like mentioned above the proof of the value of a policy is in the fine print, and believe me they are NOT ALL THE SAME. You'll be surprised at what's excluded by some and not in others. Choose wisely, and by the way BEST is not the best, it's just the name of the policy. The name of a policy has no correlation to it's contents.

Peter Aawen
05-16-2020, 03:14 PM
My sales guy recommend me an outfit called Aegis. In his words, "Aegis is better, no deductible, and available at all Can-Am dealers".

It's $1675 for 3 years though.

And I'd suggest THAT's why he recommended it!! More profit for him! :rolleyes:

jcthorne
05-16-2020, 04:05 PM
Be very careful. Many of these aftermarket contracts are NOT accepted at a great number of BRP dealers. You are on your own to file the claims and hope for reimbursement. Only the BRP BEST is accepted at ALL BRP dealers. BRP is also very good on honoring claims. Can't say the same for the aftermarket swindlers.

2dogs
05-16-2020, 05:20 PM
Two if my last McGraw warranty policies were sold to me by a Yamaha/BRP dealer. However, just because I purchased a warranty from that dealer today doesn't mean that dealership will honor my warranty tomorrow. Dealerships change owners unexpectedly from time to time. Today I'm in Texas and next week I find yourself in New York and my policy is not valid in that state, and, I'm in need of serious repairs. Now what do I do? Well, I should have read the exclusions in my policy contained in the fine print. If I'm lucky I'll put my repairs on my visa and negotiate with my policy provider when I get back home.