PDA

View Full Version : Genius maps route planning

Stache
05-15-2020, 09:24 AM
Can I (how do I) plana route with multiple stops? Trying to set up a club ride over specific route.

Adakian
05-15-2020, 05:48 PM
It’s not possible with Genius Maps. If you want to stick with GM, you need to use the Search function to identify the various stops, then set up the app to navigate to the first stop. Once you arrive at the first stop, close the route, then ID and select your second stop, navigate to it, and so on.

BRP Connect does interface with Sygic, and with its latest update, you can set up a route with multiple stops. It will cost you some bucks, though. However I think Sygic now is the nav app BRP Connect always needed, albeit two years late.

I hope this helps.

spyderbear
05-16-2020, 07:09 AM
any way to get SYgic full screen , the menu on the right side makes the maps so small ?

Flamewinger
05-17-2020, 12:09 AM
Sygic and Genius routing are pretty much the same. I use Google Maps to find where I want to go then find the same place on either GPS app and navigate to that. Then just like in Google, you can modify the route with your finger or add stops. Also, once the route is on you can find another stop, touch the spot and you’ll have a choice of. Ew destination or add stop. I’ve found sometimes smaller roads are hard to see when moving route.

https://youtu.be/ZfElmKoFWKY

KX5062
05-17-2020, 09:48 AM
I'm not familiar with this particular app, but many of these off line mapping apps use maps that are GPX files. The way most of these apps work is to plan your route on your computer using a separate program. You save the route as a GPX file, then download that file onto your phone to be read and used by the app.

McClendons
05-17-2020, 12:09 PM
Sygic does give you the ability to plan a route online with multiple waypoints. There are two ways:
1) EDIT: Sygic pulled support for their online route planner to the Car Connected version of the app.....so will not work anymore. Makes no sense. Sygic has an online planner that is very easy to use, similiar to Google maps. Once a route is planned, there is a button to send an e-mail to your phone. You open the email, and click a link to start the route in Sygic. Downside is they are now charging $2 per month for some of the premium features,

2) Create a GPX file online using any program you want (Google maps, Honda Trip Planner, or,.....). Run the GPX file thru a program like ITNConverter to change the GPX to sygic format. Then you have to place the sygic files directly into a specific folder on your phone using you file manager of choice (not sure how would be done for IOs, straightforward Android). Then in the sygic app select route, then load route, and you should see it. Works pretty well, but I've seen 2 challenges. Firts your trip planner uses a differnet map than sygic, so so risk that coordinates will not line up perfectly. When that happens, Sygic may show a waypoint slightly off route but can be corrected. 2nd, I've had ITNConverter hiccup a couple of times where the file it creates can't be read by Sygic. I tweaked the route on teh computer and it worked.

The sygic online planner is great for creating route from scratch. If you have gpx routes already, alternative 2 works with a little effort. Let me know if you need specifc steps and I will type them out

kissfan
05-17-2020, 12:43 PM
Sygic and Genius routing are pretty much the same. I use Google Maps to find where I want to go then find the same place on either GPS app and navigate to that. Then just like in Google, you can modify the route with your finger or add stops. Also, once the route is on you can find another stop, touch the spot and you’ll have a choice of. Ew destination or add stop. I’ve found sometimes smaller roads are hard to see when moving route.

https://youtu.be/ZfElmKoFWKY

Your video says Genius, but you demonstrated Sygic.

AFAIK, Genius doesn't work that way. At least mine doesn't.

Flamewinger
05-18-2020, 01:10 AM
Your video says Genius, but you demonstrated Sygic.

AFAIK, Genius doesn't work that way. At least mine doesn't.

I got the two apps mixed up. They both work pretty much the same.

https://youtu.be/ZZI9trzQvmA

kissfan
05-18-2020, 12:49 PM
I got the two apps mixed up. They both work pretty much the same.

https://youtu.be/ZZI9trzQvmA

Help me out then... I can’t get Genius on my phone to do that route change.

Flamewinger
05-18-2020, 08:24 PM
Help me out then... I can’t get Genius on my phone to do that route change.

I touch and hold the spot and, while keeping the finger on the screen, I move it to the other road and let go. I'm using an iPhone.