PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Invite

frigmall
05-14-2020, 11:11 AM
The wife and I have a trip planned to trailer our bikes to Eureka Springs Arkansas June 4-7. We take this trip at least one or two times a year and with things starting to calm down with the virus we are going to go ahead with our plans. If anybody is going to be riding in the area during that time let us know. We are very familiar with the area and the phenomenal rides that are available around there. Most everything is open and with practicing social distancing we feel it is time to get out and ride.

AY4B
05-14-2020, 07:51 PM
Im leading a 3 day ryde over the Memorial weekend. We have around 25 going so far. Well be going to Eureka Springs on the 24th. Cant wait!

Revalden
05-14-2020, 09:43 PM
I just put both rydes on calendar. I hope I can get "Management" to turn loose of my leash.

Big F
05-15-2020, 09:45 AM
what hotel are you all staying at?? we really like that area and are interested in doing something again this year.. what specific dates is your group going to Eureka Springs?? Just wondering... we are from the Omaha, NE area.. tks
BIG F

ARtraveler
05-15-2020, 10:26 AM
Im leading a 3 day ryde over the Memorial weekend. We have around 25 going so far. Well be going to Eureka Springs on the 24th. Cant wait!

We might take a ride to Eureka Springs on the 24th. That is in our neighborhood. If you folks see an orange and a yellow spyder riding together...that will be us.

ARtraveler
05-15-2020, 10:40 AM
I just put both rydes on calendar. I hope I can get "Management" to turn loose of my leash.

We are going to try to make the 24th. Maybe we will get a chance to meet up.

frigmall
05-15-2020, 10:51 AM
We normally stay at Pointe West Resort that is on Beaver Lake outside of Eureka Springs. Wonderful place owned by some really nice people. The view of the lake is unbelievable. On our June trip we are going to try the Cruise Inn/Throttle Down in Kimberling City.
We prefer the "mom & pop" places. In our riding experiences we rate;
#1 Sturgis, SD
#2 Smoky Mountains Tennessee/North Carolina
#3 Arkansas (Eureka Springs / Fayetteville)

ozarkryder
05-15-2020, 11:42 AM
Eureka is in our area, being in town the 24th sounds good. Ours is a blue pre-2020 RTL with pin striping, Spyderpops rear LED lights and front modulating bumpskid and a rear licence plate frame stating the trikes name as "Itsy Bitsy". Hope catch up with some of y'all.

Is there some meet-up spot and time? There are some neat places in Eureka - Crescent Hotel, the Eureka Springs and North Arkansas Railway yard, Lake Leatherwood park or any of the many parks, public parking or businesses not open until later in the day.

AY4B
05-15-2020, 04:55 PM
We might take a ride to Eureka Springs on the 24th. That is in our neighborhood. If you folks see an orange and a yellow spyder riding together...that will be us.Do you know if the Cat House is still closed? I have been trying to call them and no answer.

ARtraveler
05-15-2020, 05:58 PM
Do you know if the Cat House is still closed? I have been trying to call them and no answer.

I am not familiar with the Cat House. Have only been to Eureka Springs twice on daily rides since moving here. No answer is probably not open. Some businesses were just given the go ahead to re-open on a limited basis as of Monday the 11th.

AY4B
05-16-2020, 05:25 AM
I am not familiar with the Cat House. Have only been to Eureka Springs twice on daily rides since moving here. No answer is probably not open. Some businesses were just given the go ahead to re-open on a limited basis as of Monday the 11th.I finally got in touch with them, They are open, and we will be eating lunch there on the 24th. I think the first number I was calling from a different website was wrong. I recommend them if you want to go to the hottest biker spot in Eureka Springs.

ARtraveler
05-17-2020, 12:17 PM
I looked up the Cat House. It reminds me of the Knucklehead Saloon in Sturgis. Will have to check the Cat House out. That is one big parking lot for a lot of bikes. :yes:

ozarkryder
05-19-2020, 11:55 AM
The Cathouse Lounge (the food portion is the Pied Piper Inn) does have pretty good food. Prices are in line with most of the area eateries in a tourist area. Truth be told, during weekends with nice weather almost everywhere in Eureka is the hottest biker spot in Eureka Springs. The Cathouse is one that actively attempts to attract the biker crowd, another is the Rockin' Pig Saloon, which is owned by family members of the owners of Pig Trail HD/Eureka Springs HD.