PDA

View Full Version : I'm smitten with a Sea Doo

proudcoppop
08-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I had my steering software upgrade last Saturday and while looking through the showroom I fell in love with a Sea Doo boat. Long story short we talked trade of my loaded 2008 SM5 with 4991 miles for the boat. Unfortunately the dealer cannot take the Spyder in trade because of cash flow. The boat on the showroom floor is considered factory Sea Doo inventory (dealer does not have his $$ wrapped up) and if he takes my Spyder in trade he needs to come up with the cash. Sea Doo has a rebate program good through 8/17 so I am going to take a stab at selling my Spyder myself. Please see my add in the for sale section - one heck of a good price for a loaded perfect condition Spyder. If it doesn't sell then - K Sarah - since I am not unhappy with the Spyder and my boat love affair will just have to fade. So many toys and so little time!

one50npump
08-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I had my steering software upgrade last Saturday and while looking through the showroom I fell in love with a Sea Doo boat. Long story short we talked trade of my loaded 2008 SM5 with 4991 miles for the boat. Unfortunately the dealer cannot take the Spyder in trade because of cash flow. The boat on the showroom floor is considered factory Sea Doo inventory (dealer does not have his $$ wrapped up) and if he takes my Spyder in trade he needs to come up with the cash. Sea Doo has a rebate program good through 8/17 so I am going to take a stab at selling my Spyder myself. Please see my add in the for sale section - one heck of a good price for a loaded perfect condition Spyder. If it doesn't sell then - K Sarah - since I am not unhappy with the Spyder and my boat love affair will just have to fade. So many toys and so little time!

Why would you buy something like that after the dealer says he has cash flow problems? Will the dealer be there in 6 months when you need service? If the dealer doesnt have enough to "buy" your spyder then apply it toward the sea doo, I'd sure pass on that.

proudcoppop
08-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I hear you regarding "cash flow" in the literal definition but in the dealer's case it isn't that they are in financial trouble they just do not want their cash potentially sitting on the show room floor for an extended period. Having been involved in vehicle sales in the past it is very commom in the recreational field for dealerships, as peak buying season fades, to not want to load their floor with trade in's that potentially will sit until spring and tie up their capital. I have experineced this often in the past particularly with BMW bikes I have owned. Dealers are much more willing to trade early in the season.
That being said - once I have the boat title in hand even if the dealership goes belly up it is of no concenrn to me except of course I hate to see any business go under and folks loose their jobs. There are many Sea Doo dealerships in the area - this one just happend to have Spyders in addition to boats. If I should sell the Spyder outright I can shop other dealerships for the best buy. If it doesn't sell then I will just keep happily motoring along on the Spyder. Appreciate your feedback and concerns.