PDA

View Full Version : Spyder - Monstertruck edition

Greven
05-12-2020, 01:09 AM
There is a thread in the Ryker section about raising the suspension. I just found this raised Spyder, but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own :D
"31" UTV tires and wheels , 8" suspension travel through Fox Float racing suspension." according to Its craigslist ad. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but those interested can easily find it by searching for "Off-Road CanAm Spyder" in Wilmington NC.

What do you guys Think? Personally I Think it looks fun, but I'd prefer a regular ATV for serious off roading. Really curious how it handles with this insane lift :shocked:

troop
05-12-2020, 05:57 AM
I think it looks awesome. I don't see any registration. Wonder about on road handling.

Vader
05-12-2020, 06:25 AM
Found a video...
https://youtu.be/1J3RSs5Sdjs

Grandpot
05-12-2020, 07:32 AM
Being so high, I wonder how it handles in a high speed turn.

Saluda
05-12-2020, 07:39 AM
Looks military.
Wonder how long everything would hold up, doubt the original design can handle those alterations.

blacklightning
05-12-2020, 08:20 AM
I took a look at the original craigslist add on facebook. It looked like a fun novelty piece. I will have to search it again, but I thought that one had a chain drive (my eyes were probably playing tricks on me). But I do think that a chain drive might be a little better in this case. I wouldn't buy it, but I would definitely like to ride it.

BLUEKNIGHT911
05-12-2020, 08:59 AM
There is a thread in the Ryker section about raising the suspension. I just found this raised Spyder, but I thought it deserves a thread of it's own :D
"31" UTV tires and wheels , 8" suspension travel through Fox Float racing suspension." according to Its craigslist ad. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but those interested can easily find it by searching for "Off-Road CanAm Spyder" in Wilmington NC.

What do you guys Think? Personally I Think it looks fun, but I'd prefer a regular ATV for serious off roading. Really curious how it handles with this insane lift :shocked:

Well this person has turned a muti-purpose Spyder into a single purpose Spyder..... and in it's current configuration isn't really useful as an off-road spyder. .... Last night I saw on Mecum Auctions an 89 Lamborghini ( w-V12 ) into a rendition of a Rat Rod. ..... It was interesting as a design exercise, but to me completely silly. .... IMHO if you want to go Off-road get a veh. designed for it ....ie. an ATV ........... Mike :thumbup:

KX5062
05-12-2020, 09:58 AM
I like it. Not because I think it's practical or I'd want to own it, but because the more Spyders are customized and the more variety of use and/or applications: the more visible the brand becomes. And, the more visible the brand is, the wider the variety of aftermarket accessories and thereby better sales numbers and better resale values, etc, etc.