PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the Spyder family

VStarRider
05-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Hi there,

I just put a deposit down on a 2015 STS 5 speed. It has 2,000 miles on it and has two years of BEST left. Paid $8800.

I have been keeping an eye on it, as it has been for sale for several weeks. I went to take a look at it, maybe kick a tire or two. I am not sure how interested I was in it. I arrived, and it is in brand new condition. I was not expecting the seller to let me ride it, but he did. I was pleasantly surprised by the great seating position, how smoothly it shifts, the effortless throttle, and how easily that V-twin winds out. I hit a couple of S curves on the test ride, and it was a lot of fun. A lot more than I expected. Plus, the bike is smaller than I pictured it. I did feel the wandering front end that I have heard about, but I did not notice after a mile or so. I think I just adjusted to it. I also liked the front trunk storage, the seat, the adjustable windshield...pretty much everything about it. I got a BRP cover and a trickle charger too.

This is my first Spyder. I already own a 2016 Gold Wing, and have owned several other two-wheelers. I have logged ~60,000 miles of seat time. I think I am still kinda surprised I pulled the trigger just a couple of hours ago. The GW is not going anywhere, this will be my second bike in the fleet. I wanted something quite a bit different. I will probably stay close to home with it, and enjoy the local roads while the GW is for longer trips.

Looking forward to tearing it up a little bit!

Motorcycledave
05-10-2020, 03:05 PM
WELCOME to the Spyder bunch you will love it

Hi there,

I just put a deposit down on a 2015 STS 5 speed. It has 2,000 miles on it and has two years of BEST left. Paid $8800.

I have been keeping an eye on it, as it has been for sale for several weeks. I went to take a look at it, maybe kick a tire or two. I am not sure how interested I was in it. I arrived, and it is in brand new condition. I was not expecting the seller to let me ride it, but he did. I was pleasantly surprised by the great seating position, how smoothly it shifts, the effortless throttle, and how easily that V-twin winds out. I hit a couple of S curves on the test ride, and it was a lot of fun. A lot more than I expected. Plus, the bike is smaller than I pictured it. I did feel the wandering front end that I have heard about, but I did not notice after a mile or so. I think I just adjusted to it. I also liked the front trunk storage, the seat, the adjustable windshield...pretty much everything about it. I got a BRP cover and a trickle charger too.

This is my first Spyder. I already own a 2016 Gold Wing, and have owned several other two-wheelers. I have logged ~60,000 miles of seat time. I think I am still kinda surprised I pulled the trigger just a couple of hours ago. The GW is not going anywhere, this will be my second bike in the fleet. I wanted something quite a bit different. I will probably stay close to home with it, and enjoy the local roads while the GW is for longer trips.

Looking forward to tearing it up a little bit!

JKMSPYDER
05-10-2020, 03:51 PM
You can make your ST-S into a tourer if you choose. My first Spyder was a ‘13 ST-S. I added aftermarket luggage and a waterproof bag to my passenger seat. I traveled all over the US with it. Then in 2015 I traded for a new F3-S. Again, added the luggage and bag to back seat. Did even more touring. Your ST-S can be a great tourer if equipped right.

ARtraveler
05-11-2020, 11:15 AM
:welcome:

MonPaul
05-11-2020, 11:40 AM
:congrats:

pegasus1300
05-11-2020, 11:55 AM
:welcome: and :congrats::2thumbs:on the new :f_spider: If you just want to cruise around on it you have a great platform or as others have suggested you can make it into much more. :nopic: would be nice. Post early and post often and let us know what you are doing with your Spyder'

Peacekeeper6
05-11-2020, 12:03 PM
LET THE FARKLING BEGIN !!!!

I think as you get older, you're more inclined to take the Spyder out on long tours than your 'Wing.

Saluda
05-11-2020, 12:07 PM
Welcome, enjoy !

pieman9155
05-11-2020, 12:58 PM
:congrats::welcome::2thumbs:

tntnj
05-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Congratulations on your purchase .

d.o.spyder-rts
05-11-2020, 11:16 PM
:congrats: on your purchase and :welcome: to the spyder web. Dale