PDA

View Full Version : Radiator drain plug! Should have checked on site...

Don60
05-07-2020, 07:05 PM
Ok, screwed up and tried to remove drain plug, should have checked the many threads regarding this! But now, I need to remove the radiator from a 2010 RT, anyone have a video showing what has to be removed. I have taken all panels off, but am not sure how to get black plastic brace off and radiator out! Open to any help, thanks

Peacekeeper6
05-07-2020, 07:24 PM
Ok, screwed up and tried to remove drain plug, should have checked the many threads regarding this! But now, I need to remove the radiator from a 2010 RT, anyone have a video showing what has to be removed. I have taken all panels off, but am not sure how to get black plastic brace off and radiator out! Open to any help, thanks

I’d take the frunk off.

Remove 6 screws, disconnect a couple wiring harness and air intake, and you’re there.

Don60
05-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Thanks for your response. After taking a closer look at my Spyder, found that removing the frunk would not help, radiator on right side and behind the front axle. I was able to pull off the plastic frame around the radiator and get it out. It is now at a shop being welded! One good thing about this experience is that I can now use the drain as designed. Threads were rusted at the end, that is why it twisted the entire housing, so glad I can get it repaired fairly cheap and back on the road.