PDA

View Full Version : Is the Customer Accessory Circuit keyed or live?

Kbaldwin
05-06-2020, 03:21 PM
Is the "Customer Accessory Circuit" Key'd or live all the time?

I am wanting to add the Garmin 396 and Dual USB to the switch panel by fog light and heated grip switches?

I have a 2019 Spyder RTL

Also is the a wiring diagram of the Spyder?

triplethreat
05-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Is the "Customer Accessory Circuit" Key'd or live all the time?

I am wanting to add the Garmin 396 and Dual USB to the switch panel by fog light and heated grip switches?

I have a 2019 Spyder RTL

Also is the a wiring diagram of the Spyder?

The short answer is.....YES! OK, now let me explain. As it comes from the factory it is setup to be hot when the key is on. The fuse that feeds that circuit and be pulled out and moved over one slot and then the wires are hot all the time.....key on....key off...no key at all. I'll check my wiring diagram and get the numbers for you......be right back.

OK, from the factory the fuse F6R is the supply to the Acc. wires and is on only when the key is on. If you want/need those same wires to be hot without the key being on, simply remove the fuse from the F6R slot and put it in the F7R slot....and just like magic, the acc. wires will be hot all the time as long as your battery is good. And as a reference, the two fuse boxes in the frunk are where that is located. The Left fuse box is on the side that a clutch lever would be, the right fuse box is on the same side as the throttle. So open the fuse box on the throttle side of the bike, in the frunk and remove F6R and move it to the slot with no fuse in it and marked F7R. Hope that helps.

And BTW...the wire colors you are looking for, just in case you don't know......Violet with a yellow tracer (stripe)....Positive lead............and a Black.....Negative lead. They may also be marked DC1 + and DC1 -

triplethreat
05-06-2020, 08:02 PM
I purchased and downloaded a Service Manual for the Spyder and it includes the wiring diagram and all the other stuff that would normally come in a service manual.