Spyder Tires
or
Tire Shop Talk

Mazo EMS2
05-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Good idea

Chasinsparks
05-06-2020, 09:19 AM
Good idea maybe, but then you would need a seperate section for bumpskids, leds, seats and the list goes on.

wyliec
05-06-2020, 09:20 AM
If you do that, you may as well have a section on oils, gas, gas and oil additives., and the list could go on.

You beat me to it.

You win Chasinparks.

KX5062
05-06-2020, 09:24 AM
Good idea maybe, but then you would need a seperate section for bumpskids, leds, seats and the list goes on.

I like the idea. That way we could collect all of the tire wisdom into one location. You could also put a farkle section that would be a separate category, but tires by far and away have the largest amount of traffic within the general aftermarket add-on types.

BajaRon
05-06-2020, 10:39 AM
The concept does have some merit. Like a Glossary, of sorts. If you could actually get people to post in the correct forum. If not, it would just add to the workload of the moderators.

We could implement public spanking for violators. But that would be a whole 'nuther can of worms! ;-)

Chasinsparks
05-06-2020, 10:43 AM
I get the idea behind it. Again you would need a separate tab repeated questions oil,bumbskids,leds etc. If people would use the little box in the upper right hand corner that says search and type in tire they would get a plethora of information on that subject. In essence it is like having it seperated. Just my opinion I don't run the site or have any real input into the mechanics.

ARtraveler
05-06-2020, 10:43 AM
We got into trouble a bit with the discussion of glove boxes. :roflblack:

IMO, and this is just me, let's leave the forums where they are for now.

We already have some posters who get mad if something is not posted in what they perceive is the "correct" forum. We look at the posts, and see if they need changing or not. Sometimes, people don't agree, and we hear back.

As Kermit said: "It ain't easy being green." :yes:

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

From ME: I do thank all above for their suggestions.

IdahoMtnSpyder
05-06-2020, 01:43 PM
It's kind of like when I've tried to really organize my own files, at home or at work (in years past!). I'd end up with so many categories that when I wanted to find something I'd have to look in category after category trying to figure out which one I put the file into. It's actually easier to find a file in just a few broad categories than searching through many narrow categories! So if I have a hard time figuring out, "Where did I put it?" how much harder to you think it'll be to figure out, "Now where might have Theo or Joseph or whoever put that?"

Leave things as they are. They are granular enough as it is! :thumbup:

Arcamguy
05-06-2020, 04:51 PM
We could request section dedicated to add ons, after market stuff, farkles etc. You get the point, this could be useful.

My .02

Arcamguy