PDA

View Full Version : How many Spyders do you see in a typical work week (excluding weekends) ??

Peacekeeper6
05-04-2020, 09:17 PM
The reason I ask is EVERY time I ride our RTL to work, people in both cages and 2-wheelers give me a smile, nod of approval or a thumbs up. At stoplights, some even roll down their windows and ask about our Spyder.

I came to the realization that I don’t really see many of these running around. In fact, I don’t see any at all in a typical work week. So far, I have only seen two in the Reno/Sparks area since we moved here back in 2006.

I’ve never owned a vehicle that evokes so many positive responses.

Kinda cool really ……

dpetrick
05-04-2020, 09:21 PM
I see Spyders almost every week, during the summer. One of my friends has one, and there are a couple more in my neighborhood. During the summer there are quite a few that come here on vacation.

jsflash
05-04-2020, 09:39 PM
Yah I don’t see any either,but my situation differs in that I retired last year & with all this covid going on I don’t go much... but I do make sure I get out and ryde several times a week. But I also live out in the piney wood of East Texas, about 35 miles NE of Houston...

MONK
05-04-2020, 09:43 PM
I’ve never owned a vehicle that evokes so many positive responses.

Kinda cool really ……

I had a 2012 Victory Vision. One of the cool things for a Vision is that you can easily (4 bolts) remove the trunk and add a block off plate/cover which really gives it a hot rod look. That's the way I kept it. I couldn't stop for 10 minutes. It would turn into 30 minutes or an hour. I'll attach a pic of my bike.

I digress. I rarely see any other Can Ams of any flavor. I saw (2) today. One RT and an F3T.

JP58
05-04-2020, 09:49 PM
I was out riding Sunday and seen 4 Spyders. There are quite a few of them in Wisconsin.

SpyderAnn01
05-04-2020, 10:41 PM
I don’t work Mon-Fri, but when I do work it is on Spyders so I would typically see more than 3 in my work week.

pegasus1300
05-04-2020, 11:12 PM
I see 2, mine and my neighbors.

RapidSpyder
05-05-2020, 08:26 AM
Almost always see at least 1 every time we go out riding.

ARtraveler
05-05-2020, 10:17 AM
In AK, we rarely saw any for weeks at a time. There were four or five owners that I knew of but saw them only occasionally.

In AR, we see one or two most every day from July on. Have seen about a total of four so far this year. Linda and I are out and about most every day. That's two almost every day for others to see. We get a lot of attention with one being yellow and one being orange. Burt and Ernie (the muppets) ride as passengers on their own color coordinated Spyders.

Mazo EMS2
05-05-2020, 10:39 AM
I selected "1", and that would be mine in my garage...during the week. I'm in a fairly rural area so during the week all we see are daily commuters in their cars to n from work. On weekends if we get out riding we'll see up to 3 to 6....just depends where we go, like anyone else I suppose

Deanna777
05-05-2020, 04:39 PM
I am not currently working, we went riding this past weekend and we saw 2 spyders. They were F3's not sure what the license plates were. They were stopped. We were going in the opposite direction.

There is usually( Cognac 2014 RTS-SE6)me and Black, 2016 F3-T ,and 1 other spyder( White 2014 RTS-SE6).

On the other hand during the weekends, we sometimes see more/or non at all depending on where we ride in the state.

Deanna

fjray
05-05-2020, 05:13 PM
I see the same one every time I leave the house. It's my old one that a neighbor bought and it just sits in his carport. I'm pretty sure it hasn't moved since the last time I gave it some exercise for him.

gkamer
05-05-2020, 06:54 PM
I was heading west bound on I-90 through Spokane, WA the other day and was passed by a Ryker heading eastbound. I seldom see any Spyder or Rykers on my travels here in eastern Washington.

gkamer
05-05-2020, 06:57 PM
I had a 2012 Victory Vision. One of the cool things for a Vision is that you can easily (4 bolts) remove the trunk and add a block off plate/cover which really gives it a hot rod look. That's the way I kept it. I couldn't stop for 10 minutes. It would turn into 30 minutes or an hour. I'll attach a pic of my bike.

I digress. I rarely see any other Can Ams of any flavor. I saw (2) today. One RT and an F3T.

WOW, looks pretty futuristic, nice.