PDA

View Full Version : DPS Recall

SpyderRyder810
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I just got my Spyder back from the dealer and what a difference this DPS recall made. I've been complaining that the power steering wasn't working right ever since I took delivery of my Spyder...but each time was told that it was operating correctly. And now a year and a half later I'm proven right...:gaah: I doubt that BRP would reimburse me the $$$ I spent on doctors trying to heal the tendonitis created by this problem.

Ok, now that I've vented...I can't say enough good things about how nicely the :spyder2: responds now...Joan

spyderwoman
08-04-2009, 11:08 AM
thats good to know. i'm getting mine done thursday morning and i've been a little nervous about it seeing some other posts about people having problems after the fix. did it take the 20 minutes like everyone says or did you have more stuff done? i'm also ready for my 12,000 checkup-actually 13200-and i'm trying to debate what to have done. i've read its an expensive service job at the 12000 checkup.

SpyderRyder810
08-04-2009, 11:33 AM
I've got 16,000 miles on my Spyder, so I had an oil change in addition to the DPS recall done. But the recall itself only takes 10-20 minutes.

opticat
08-04-2009, 03:50 PM
Had my recall done today. Took about 20 minutes, and the service tech said that it actually addressed several issues. Rode about 100 miles today, and I did not notice a difference from before. My Spyder was great from the beginning, I guess. :ohyea:

TJ_Spyder
08-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Got mine done on Saturday. There sure were more things changed than just the steering. My Spyder ran like sh:cus: all the way home (about 60 miles). Spitting and sputtering between 3k and 5k rpm in every gear. I think it may be due to the O2 sensor I got from Ken and it will just take a little while for the computer to "relearn". Two others went with me; one with stock O2 and the other with Ken's. You guessed it; the stock one ran like a champ and the other NOT. He claims it settled down after about 50 miles or so...we'll see.

BTW we all have the Hindle.

ataDude
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Got mine done on Saturday. There sure were more things changed than just the steering. My Spyder ran like sh:cus: all the way home (about 60 miles). Spitting and sputtering between 3k and 5k rpm in every gear. I think it may be due to the O2 sensor I got from Ken and it will just take a little while for the computer to "relearn". Two others went with me; one with stock O2 and the other with Ken's. You guessed it; the stock one ran like a champ and the other NOT. He claims it settled down after about 50 miles or so...we'll see.

BTW we all have the Hindle.

You bought an O2 sensor ELIMINATOR from Ken. I'm not sure how the bike will "learn" without the stock O2 sensor.

TJ_Spyder
08-04-2009, 09:51 PM
You bought an O2 sensor ELIMINATOR from Ken. I'm not sure how the bike will "learn" without the stock O2 sensor.

Excuse me: ELIMINATOR, I also have the Hindle EXHAUST. the computer "learns" all the time by sensing many different things, one of them happens to be the O2 sensor. So the O2 ELIMINATOR is also being sensed as a constant variable in the equation versus what the normal O2 sensor would send.

Whatever. It still runs like crap and it didn't before they reprogrammed it Saturday.

Just got back from another 35 mile ride, 82 degrees out. Seems Spyder was running great until about 20 mins into it. I noticed it was 5 bars hot and running roguh between 3k and 5k (RPMs) again. As soon as it got down to 4 bars it ran a lot better, at 3 bars ran great again. Every time it hit 4 bars then 5 bars same thing. BTW the fan was running when it got hot.

ataDude
08-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Excuse me: ELIMINATOR, I also have the Hindle EXHAUST. the computer "learns" all the time by sensing many different things, one of them happens to be the O2 sensor. So the O2 ELIMINATOR is also being sensed as a constant variable in the equation versus what the normal O2 sensor would send.

Whatever. It still runs like crap and it didn't before they reprogrammed it Saturday.

Just got back from another 35 mile ride, 82 degrees out. Seems Spyder was running great until about 20 mins into it. I noticed it was 5 bars hot and running roguh between 3k and 5k (RPMs) again. As soon as it got down to 4 bars it ran a lot better, at 3 bars ran great again. Every time it hit 4 bars then 5 bars same thing. BTW the fan was running when it got hot.

Well, okkkeeedokeee, then. :gaah:

No more input from me as I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.