PDA

View Full Version : Mean people suck

bluewoo
05-02-2020, 10:03 PM
First ride of the year and a angry old biker yelling "it aint a motorcycle" as he rides up beside my wife and I then she got out the cell phone. He was purposely looking for something so as he slowed wayyy down in a 45 zone egging me to pass him I drove passed him and laughed really loud, then each intersection we had an adult conversation. LMAO
Yea dude its a CAN AM SPYDER maybe if you rode one you'd be happy!

I'm the wrong person to find out if your desperate for attention Ill gladly give some, so finally he said he knows the State Police and he kept yelling out my license plate number and he was going to send them to my house.
For what having a MC linc plate on a "Not a motorcycle"?

Yea its all on video....................
https://youtu.be/NQBZ9cJSGnA

https://youtu.be/3txWr4vPZ2g

Revalden
05-02-2020, 10:07 PM
He's just pissed that he needs a Spyder but can't afford one.

RICZ
05-02-2020, 10:07 PM
I find it best for my well being to simply avoid people like that - tailgaters, meanies, the lot of them. Even if I have to turn off the route I had been taking, I am better for it. And you know what else? That more than likely pissed THEM off.

Peter Aawen
05-02-2020, 10:21 PM
I wonder what it is about them that's so scary, or why he's so threatened by Spyders?? :dontknow:

Back a few years ago when Spyders were the new kids on the block down this way, there were a few riders like that to be found, but these days, there's waaaayyy more interest about them from both young and old riders. :clap:

Pretty much every time I go ryding in the Hills around here and eventually stop for a coffee or lunch, just about every one of the bikes I've passed getting there will eventually pull up (some take longer than others! :rolleyes: ) and the riders start asking about my Spyder. And there's never a word of anything but wonder &/or envy! There was a time they'd ask about Max the Miniature Maltese ryding in the tank bag first, but since he's passed, these days it's straight into asking about what's the powerplant under the tupperware and how the bleedin'eck does it corner at speeds that it's does as if it's on rails regardless of the surface or how tight the corners are! :ohyea: :2thumbs:

LateLifeCrisis
05-02-2020, 10:55 PM
When told "that ain't a motorcycle," I reply, "You're right - it's actually a snowmobile and I ordered the optional tires so I can ride it year round." Shuts 'em up every time! :hun:

bluewoo
05-02-2020, 11:30 PM
I find it best for my well being to simply avoid people like that - tailgaters, meanies, the lot of them. Even if I have to turn off the route I had been taking, I am better for it. And you know what else? That more than likely pissed THEM off.

I tried BUT he was watching us in his mirror shaking his head and started slowing down were allllll the traffic he passed had to pass him now so he wanted attention. I didn't swear and no middle finger as he was more than happy to share with us. So I made fun of his Honda Shadow not being a HD LOL

P.W.
05-03-2020, 12:20 AM
They're some real idiots out on the road..... I just understand some people.
He has some real mental issues if he gets worked up over an extra wheel. ;)

2dogs
05-03-2020, 12:29 AM
Yes, it's better to leave these characters alone. I've been told, don't do something stupid in an emotional moment that can change your life for ever.

Bottomline2000
05-03-2020, 01:44 AM
How much is your brain worth?!

Hardley rider: puts on bandana..

MonPaul
05-03-2020, 01:49 AM
They're some real idiots out on the road..... I just understand some people.
He has some real mental issues if he gets worked up over an extra wheel. ;)

Imagine how upset he gets when he sees a vehicle with 4 wheels!:clap:

MonPaul
05-03-2020, 01:54 AM
When told "that ain't a motorcycle," I reply, "You're right - it's actually a snowmobile and I ordered the optional tires so I can ride it year round." Shuts 'em up every time! :hun:

Or you could tell him your motorcycle aint a racoon, but it has 2 tails and you're sitting on the rest of it!

Gwolf
05-03-2020, 03:15 AM
Cut him a little slack. It is his first bike and he just got it last week................

CanAmChris
05-03-2020, 03:27 AM
Well,
First, I think he was jealous that you had your girl on the back and he had nothing to go home to.
Second, Imagine his surprise if you waited till you got to a light, got off your stable 3 wheels and pushed him over... I have doubts he could lift that thing back upright on his own. (!! I am not advocating this, but it would be damn funny!! )

trikermutha
05-03-2020, 06:30 AM
LOL.. Those types of people make me laugh.. Still not sure what the hell his problem was looking at your videos.. I send the video to the State Police and let them go to his house for endangerment and harassment.

JayBros
05-03-2020, 06:48 AM
You should have asked if that was a cheap Japanese Harley he was riding.

bikerbillone
05-03-2020, 06:55 AM
Is that one of those HDs he's riding just looking for a verbal confrontation? Some people can be piss ants and disgustingly rude, they think it gives them power, but it's just opposite, shows ignorance.

FastOldGuy
05-03-2020, 06:55 AM

He Can't Afford A HARLEY Either!

How much is your brain worth?!

Hardley rider: puts on bandana..

He's a Harley rider Want to Be.

"THAT'S NOT A HARLEY"! You're right AH, you are ridding a YamaHog. This guy is an Oxy Moron.

bluewoo
05-03-2020, 07:13 AM
You should have asked if that was a cheap Japanese Harley he was riding.

I did tell him "that's not a harley". LOL Not like I would ride up besides someone and yell at the about that either.
Its a Honda Shadow he was riding........:(

SpyderConvert
05-03-2020, 08:24 AM
That finger that he was displaying, was he trying to display his mental age, his IQ or the number of friends that he had before his dog died?????

bikerbillone
05-03-2020, 08:25 AM
Well shame on him, a "HD" wannabe with the badass look.

carbonation
05-03-2020, 09:50 AM

No, he's pi$$ed he wants a Harley and is riding a Japanese Honda.
No helmet, no license for flying the bird. He may want to let the raccoon out of the tail bag too.
Jerks like that don't get one second of my time.

troop
05-03-2020, 09:54 AM
He's just a hoser, plain and simple.

Gwolf
05-03-2020, 10:11 AM
Dang, y'all still beating up on that poor guy! He been wanting a bike ever since Easy Rider was in the theater and his wife would never let him have one until now. It ain't his fault if all he could get with his stimulus check was a used Honda.

JayBros
05-03-2020, 11:30 AM
If you look very closely at the text of the original Declaration of Independence with a powerful magnifying glass, right after, "pursuit of Happiness," in very small, barely legible print appears, "and to be an a*****e."

PGDoug
05-03-2020, 11:46 AM
grampa forgot his meds again

TeamJK811
05-03-2020, 12:20 PM
man WTH is wrong with riders?? i was out yesterday and people were just happy to be riding and didn't care what i had between my legs lol. Looks like you're in PA, time to come south for nicer weather and people.

ARtraveler
05-03-2020, 12:31 PM
I am glad to see that nothing bad came from this encounter. Many people are packing guns these days. I am glad none of those came out.

The guy on the other bike for certain had some mental issues.

2dogs
05-03-2020, 12:48 PM
The guy on the other bike for certain had some mental issues.

Yes he could have, you never know. That's why i recommend leaving these characters alone. When things go bad they can go bad very quickly and when you have your wife with you there is much more to worry about. The risk factor is too high. People with mental issues don't think like the rest of us do.

NEXUS
05-03-2020, 12:59 PM
grampa forgot his meds again

At least Grandpa is still ambidextrous.
He can give you the finger with ether hand. :doorag:

( able to use the right and left hands equally well.
"few of us are naturally ambidextrous")

180990 180991

Spyder Riders Be Proud :riding:

If you worry about the opinion of others they will always hold you prisoner

PS- I also own a Harley to :D

SpyderAnn01
05-03-2020, 02:54 PM
Wow! !

Dudley
05-03-2020, 03:56 PM
When you participated in his exchange of remarks you stooped to his level and you are no better than him. That's the way road rage starts.

Revalden
05-03-2020, 04:28 PM
When you participated in his exchange of remarks you stooped to his level and you are no better than him. That's the way road rage starts.

Dudley, That was totally uncalled for. You're an ASS.

Peter Aawen
05-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Now c'mon, play nice people! :lecturef_smilie:

Peteoz
05-03-2020, 04:55 PM
Hahaha.....a man riding a bike that he is so ashamed of that he has removed its tank badges, and with a foxtail at the back, tells you your ride is “not a motorcycle”??? Warning, warning, danger, danger......nutcase approaching.....could do anything..... not even worth a reply by you Bluewoo ;) ...... but sometimes we just can’t help ourselves :2thumbs:

Pete

trikermutha
05-03-2020, 05:17 PM
:popcorn:

Vinlander
05-03-2020, 05:25 PM
There are some people out there that just want to show off the four years of grade three they had.Same thing happens here in Newfoundland.

Revalden
05-03-2020, 06:19 PM
Now c'mon, play nice people! :lecturef_smilie:
Peter, I'm sorry, a little, but if you want to know the other things I was considering, PM to me. :chill:

BoilerAnimal
05-03-2020, 06:38 PM
Interacting with idiots like that is a good way to get shot. Way to many people have guns that shouldn't.

Peacekeeper6
05-03-2020, 06:39 PM
Weird.

The last few days, guys on sportbikes and Harleys have been been waving at me.

Could be a regional thing....

Revalden
05-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Weird.

The last few days, guys on sportbikes and Harleys have been been waving at me.

Could be a regional thing....
Everyone waves around here. Compared to the West Coast, where we lived for 40 years, the people here in Oklahoma and Arkansas are sooooo friendly and kind.

AzBTO
05-03-2020, 07:37 PM
Sad and scary... you never know what will set some of these nut jobs off these days.

Cobwebs
05-03-2020, 08:24 PM
Meh...…...nothing a well timed pit maneuver wouldn't have fixed.:shemademe_smilie:is it actually legal to expose a merkin in public like that?:read:

bluewoo
05-03-2020, 08:40 PM

So when he intentionally slowed down to 30mph in a 45 so I either stopped on the road or proceed in the left lane, I took the left lane and he saw my wife recording it all, then he followed me he gave us the finger. I'm the wrong person to play games with and he started it - just a FYI a friend of mine used to live next to this guy(saw the video on FB) and he was always complaining about everything and told him a Gold wing is for old people.
He was charging my wife and I not the other way around and I couldn't stoop to his level I sit higher on the spyder.;)

ladygadget
05-03-2020, 08:42 PM
When this virus stuff dissipates and you encounter him again, invite him to a local diner with good pies and a cup of coffee.
Maybe this guy just needs a friend or two...???

bluewoo
05-03-2020, 08:43 PM
Dudley, That was totally uncalled for. You're an ASS.

Its ok it's all good - if you listen in the video Im laughing my ass off because it was soo funny no road rage at all.

bluewoo
05-03-2020, 08:48 PM
Interacting with idiots like that is a good way to get shot. Way to many people have guns that shouldn't.

He'd probably complain about that too if I had to pull mine out. "Thats not a real gun" ROLF:gaah:

Dudley
05-03-2020, 08:52 PM
Calling me an ass? How mature, or manure you are. And besides I wasn't talking to you in the first place.

MonPaul
05-04-2020, 06:03 AM
Its ok it's all good - if you listen in the video Im laughing my ass off because it was soo funny no road rage at all.

Laughing is the best way to handle it, it lets him know he isn't getting to you! I used to live a few miles from the Harley plant in Milwaukee, when I got my Honda Valkyrie I got a lot of grief. The funniest part was the guys who thought that noise equals horsepower would always try to race me. I laughed so much I finally got sick of it and would just point to my rear license plate when they tried to pass. My plate said WYTRY :clap:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
05-04-2020, 06:46 AM
From what i can tell the guy passed his eye test, he knew it wasn't a harley, now if only there were an iq test to get a mc license.

ARtraveler
05-04-2020, 10:24 AM
Everyone waves around here. Compared to the West Coast, where we lived for 40 years, the people here in Oklahoma and Arkansas are sooooo friendly and kind.

:agree: x 2. When we were out the other day and saw over 100 bikes, (no spyders and one Slingshot), I would say 98% of them gave us the waves. And there were a lot of HD's and other cruiser bikes. The only no waves were sport bikes. There seems to be a pattern with that bunch. :roflblack: And a few of them also waved at us.

ARtraveler
05-04-2020, 10:30 AM
Hopefully, the ASS comment is now behind us. Peter asked that we play nice.

We have given this a test of sorts to see how it goes. Further rule infractions will result in the clean up of the thread.

A quick review of site rules #3 and #4.

#3: Don't Insult, Flame, Spam or Abuse any members via Threads, Posts, e-mail or Private Messages etc...

#4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :bbq: :bbq:

ozarkryder
05-04-2020, 11:30 AM
I get the "That's not a motorcycle" once in a while, almost always with a smile and genuine interest in the RTL. Sometimes I'll say ,"You're right, it's a trike." and point out in Missouri law it always says >Motorcycles and Motortricycles< when citing the regulations, unless it is an Autocycle, then the converstation usually shifts to the difference there. (I was the Legislative officer of Southwest Missouri Local 11 Freedom of Road Riders, Missouri's larger State Motorcycle Rights Organization for 17 years). Other times I'll say it was made by BRP, the same folks that make Ski-Doo snowmobiles, this is my Landmobile. BTW, I really like the comment from LateLifeCrisis about the optional snowmobile wheel kit. Mind if I borrow it?

Revalden
05-04-2020, 11:52 AM
:agree: x 2. When we were out the other day and saw over 100 bikes, (no spyders and one Slingshot), I would say 98% of them gave us the waves. And there were a lot of HD's and other cruiser bikes. The only no waves were sport bikes. There seems to be a pattern with that bunch. :roflblack: And a few of them also waved at us.

Well, if Sport Bikes are what I call Crotch Rockets then I'd guess that they are too young to know about or even care about traditions or our Brotherhood of bikers/trikers. And if you're riding low and bent over with their weight on their arms and going into a twisty, removing a hand from the bar to wave might be dangerous. FFTCMIIW

Revalden
05-04-2020, 11:54 AM
Hopefully, the ASS comment is now behind us. Peter asked that we play nice.

We have given this a test of sorts to see how it goes. Further rule infractions will result in the clean up of the thread.

A quick review of site rules #3 and #4.

#3: Don't Insult, Flame, Spam or Abuse any members via Threads, Posts, e-mail or Private Messages etc...

#4: Don't Bypass site filters for swearing, black listed dealers or other links deemed unfit for the site.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :bbq: :bbq:

ART, I'm sorry. Consider my PeePee wacked.

ollicat
05-04-2020, 12:09 PM
Imagine how upset he gets when he sees a vehicle with 4 wheels!:clap:

Awesome!

ollicat
05-04-2020, 12:15 PM
love it

Peacekeeper6
05-04-2020, 01:38 PM
When I'm driving my car, and people do stupid crap like this, nothing pisses them off more than me smiling and waving enthusiastically at them as though I am so happy to see them.

Of course, I have to be thinking in my mind, "**** you douche nozzle, you're a ****ing idiot" to make work, LOL.

Rogue Hawk
05-04-2020, 02:48 PM
He obviously feels threatened. The best way to deal with guys like that is to agree with them. It totally throws them off because they hope for a conflict. So he says, "Isn't a motorcycle". I would respond, "Yes, that's true".

bluewoo
05-04-2020, 03:26 PM
Laughing is the best way to handle it, it lets him know he isn't getting to you! I used to live a few miles from the Harley plant in Milwaukee, when I got my Honda Valkyrie I got a lot of grief. The funniest part was the guys who thought that noise equals horsepower would always try to race me. I laughed so much I finally got sick of it and would just point to my rear license plate when they tried to pass. My plate said WYTRY :clap:

WYTRY ok shoot what does this stand for? Why Try LMAO, yea my 2012 GL1800 was the same with the miss and me still could out run a HD Ultra classic with a 103 in it. Then the excuses begin LOL....

bluewoo
05-04-2020, 03:28 PM
Me too! LOL

bluewoo
05-04-2020, 03:32 PM
I get the "That's not a motorcycle" once in a while, almost always with a smile and genuine interest in the RTL. Sometimes I'll say ,"You're right, it's a trike." and point out in Missouri law it always says >Motorcycles and Motortricycles< when citing the regulations, unless it is an Autocycle, then the converstation usually shifts to the difference there. (I was the Legislative officer of Southwest Missouri Local 11 Freedom of Road Riders, Missouri's larger State Motorcycle Rights Organization for 17 years). Other times I'll say it was made by BRP, the same folks that make Ski-Doo snowmobiles, this is my Landmobile. BTW, I really like the comment from LateLifeCrisis about the optional snowmobile wheel kit. Mind if I borrow it?

Not like we were pay any attention to this guy, he was acting like we should be ashamed and that's not right for any rider to be spoken too like that, at the end he pulls the victim card for some inexplicable reason.:dontknow:

BajaRon
05-04-2020, 05:00 PM
You can let these kinds of people ruin your day. But only if you voluntarily allow their personal issues to become your own. Being rude is definitely offensive. But it seems that some people are so insecure in their own world. They feel the need to disparage those who have chosen another path. Attacking you is simply an attempt to assuage their own insecurities and bolster their fragile ego.

In the end, it's just a machine. Machines are designed to serve a purpose. There is no perfect ride. There are just machines that are more or less suited to your needs and expectations. If you expect a motorcycle to give you pleasure and enjoyment, then you are very likely to be satisfied.

If you expect it to make you better than the next person. You are surely in for great disappointment.

Ride Safe & Stay Healthy!

Gwolf
05-04-2020, 05:08 PM
I usually just act like I can't hear......... and it is usually not an act. If there is any background noise at all, I only hear about one word out of 5. When they get done yelling, I just point to my ear and shrug my shoulders. They ride away.

P.W.
05-04-2020, 06:05 PM
When I'm driving my car, and people do stupid crap like this, nothing pisses them off more than me smiling and waving enthusiastically at them as though I am so happy to see them.

Of course, I have to be thinking in my mind, "**** you douche nozzle, you're a ****ing idiot" to make work, LOL.

Love this reply!!

bmccaffrey
05-04-2020, 06:08 PM
I just turn my music up louder!!

spyderwing57
05-04-2020, 06:45 PM
It looks like your post brought out many mean people. IMHO.

ARtraveler
05-04-2020, 07:05 PM
It looks like your post brought out many mean people. IMHO.

From a moderator:

The issues have been solved behind the scenes. And believe it or not, the people involved are all good people. :bowdown:

spyderwing57
05-04-2020, 07:06 PM
In NY too. Saturday and Sunday all people on all motorcycles were waving. It was very cool.

sduskin
05-05-2020, 07:28 AM
If he is not wearing colors or a 3-piece patch, ignore him. Otherwise, increase/decrease the distance between you both.

I am NOT a patched MC member, but I have ridden with many. They tend to actually be nicer than the guy you unfortunately experienced. Just my personal experience and limited only to some of the MCs in Oklahoma.

bluewoo
05-05-2020, 06:36 PM
If he is not wearing colors or a 3-piece patch, ignore him. Otherwise, increase/decrease the distance between you both.

I am NOT a patched MC member, but I have ridden with many. They tend to actually be nicer than they guy you unfortunately experienced. Just my personal experience and limited only to some of the MCs in Oklahoma.

I was an ALR member for around 20 years and I've seen pretty much everything and I agree alot of 1% are really good people. (Don't judge a book by it's cover)

It's over were all good!
Now it's time to put the skies back on!

jaherbst
05-05-2020, 07:08 PM
Why do you people even engage in this kind of behavior. Totally ignore these type of things. Truthfully a lot of you feel a little unmanly riding these things or are very thin skinned. I rode Harleys for 57 years, was patched to the chapter in Seattle and honestly saw very little put downs of anyone. Sure there are the 1% in every group including the Ministry. I have been riding two Spyder's over 7 years and have yet to have anyone say a bad word or make an insane gesture. If you react to a situation then you make yourself part of it and you should not blame anyone but yourself for getting involved.

I for one think Spyder's are the funniest looking things from the back going down the road. Lighten up and ignore. And well we are on the subject of "he didn't wave at me" or he looked at me wrong get over it. I only wave at some depending on how busy I am or if I feel in a good friendly mood. Stop being so self conscious just because you are riding something different. I still ride two wheel BMW's, 4 wheel Mavericks and of course my second Spyder. You bought it, be proud of it, enjoy it and and stop caring about what you perceive to be what anyone else is thinking.

Uncle Jack :joke:

glennm
05-05-2020, 08:21 PM
I am always puzzled by such behaviour. What do they think of outfits? I had one for years so 3 wheels, not a big deal. The 3 wheels are just in different positions. Is a Harley trike not a motorcycle in their eyes? I can absolute state though those 3 wheels were a lot less stable than the Spyder/Ryker. Wasn't bad though when fully loaded but still no match for Spydey. Any way as stated by others I like to ignore or give them a friendly wave and just continue on.

triplethreat
05-06-2020, 07:29 AM
I started on motorcycles way back in 1971 and grew up in an era where almost everyone on any type of motorcycle gave a wave to anyone else on a motorcycle. Today's climate amongst the motorcycle community has evolved somewhat and not everyone thinks of all motorcycles as a community or brotherhood of like minded riders. I've grown very accustomed over the years of NOT getting waved at because of the increased popularity of Harley riders and especially riders on BMW branded motorcycles. I'm not necessarily picking on these brands per se', but more on the mentality of SOME of the riders on these and other brands. It seems to me that some folks associate "their" brand of motorcycle as "superior" to others and if you are on an "others" brand of bike, you are somehow less of a motorcyclist. For the last 25 plus years my motorcycle style of choice has been Sport Bikes. I've owned mostly Honda sport bikes, but a Suzuki GSX-R-750 was in there as well as a Yamaha FZ09. So in their eyes, I'm not truly a motorcyclist because I don't measure up to their "standards", and ride a bike that is "inferior" because <<<fill in the blank here>>>.....so no wave for me except the occasional "one finger salute". What happened to the days when you could go out and ride and others would wave at you because your were amongst the brotherhood of the riding community? The reason to be on a motorcycle is to be having fun....and honestly I really don't care what brand/style/type of M.C. you are on, if you're having fun and getting some enjoyment out of it, it's all good. Unfortunately, certain brands of motorcycles have become their "status symbol" "hey, I'm better than you", message to the rest of the motorcycle riders, and have lost the meaning of why we ride....but more about what we ride. It's gotten to the point that when I see certain brands approaching me, I will only wave if they do first. Those riders, in my opinion are the ones that are out enjoying their bikes because they are fun and not because they are status symbols. Of course, there are always exceptions to what I just stated, but generally speaking, I will just continue to enjoy "my ride" on whatever I'm riding.....and if they wave, I'll wave, if they don't, so be it. I'm not out there to show my status, I'm out there to enjoy the ride, have some fun, and continue to do what I love doing....for as long as I can. Next year will be the 1/2 century mark for me on motorcycles and God willing, it will be more to come! Stay safe, enjoy the ride, and be comfortable in your own skin no matter what you are riding.

easysuper
05-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Why do you people even engage in this kind of behavior. Totally ignore these type of things. Truthfully a lot of you feel a little unmanly riding these things or are very thin skinned. I rode Harleys for 57 years, was patched to the chapter in Seattle and honestly saw very little put downs of anyone. Sure there are the 1% in every group including the Ministry. I have been riding two Spyder's over 7 years and have yet to have anyone say a bad word or make an insane gesture. If you react to a situation then you make yourself part of it and you should not blame anyone but yourself for getting involved.

I for one think Spyder's are the funniest looking things from the back going down the road. Lighten up and ignore. And well we are on the subject of "he didn't wave at me" or he looked at me wrong get over it. I only wave at some depending on how busy I am or if I feel in a good friendly mood. Stop being so self conscious just because you are riding something different. I still ride two wheel BMW's, 4 wheel Mavericks and of course my second Spyder. You bought it, be proud of it, enjoy it and and stop caring about what you perceive to be what anyone else is thinking.

Very well said Jack, clearly the two wheeler has a mental problem and responding to someone like this is like throwing gas on a fire and showing light on ones own insecurities, my wife and I both ride our own RTL’s and have over 100k miles of touring logged , life is just too short to live someone else’s life.

wyliec
05-06-2020, 09:25 AM
Jack,

Did you have to bring up waving?:joke:

ARtraveler
05-06-2020, 10:06 AM
Jack,

So far, no one has posted the who, why, what's of waving though. :roflblack:

Gwolf
05-06-2020, 10:14 AM
This has turned into a best oil thread..........

ARtraveler
05-06-2020, 10:21 AM
This has turned into a best oil thread..........

No, no, no, no....:bowdown: :bowdown: :roflblack: :roflblack:

WisconsinDavid
05-06-2020, 01:54 PM
I laugh at them I say, "Yeah, but you can't put a mowing deck on yours and earn beer money like I can!" That usually gets even the stonefaced to laugh. As a former Harley rider, I never looked down on any other motorcycle brand or type. They all allow a person to enjoy the wind. When I'm on tours now, I'm in a group with 2 harley ultras, one indian bagger and me. Guess which bikes get the most interest? Either the spyder or the indian, since my friend works for them and always shows up with a brand new one from the stable to try out. :) We always have to pause to do a first oil change on whatever he brings.

redrazor
05-06-2020, 02:09 PM
Jack: I love my 2019 Specialized E-Bike Como 2.0!! ... almost as much as my 2014 RT Limited.:clap:

bmccaffrey
05-06-2020, 06:20 PM
I don't call mins a Motorcycle i call it a spyder.
Even though it's registered as a Motorcycle insured as a Motorcycle and i Need a Motorcycle license to drive it.

Just saying !!!!

LateLifeCrisis
05-07-2020, 02:09 AM
I'll add to the middle finger display: "Hey, son, is that the number of times you've had sex in your life?" Said to a smart ass kid who gave the finger to a "been there, done that" old salt of a State Trooper. Thought the the kids' friends were going to die laughing!

scooterexpress
05-07-2020, 06:11 AM
this is a must watch video everyone that hasn't seen this will laugh there butt off..

https://youtu.be/_9qDkwbFHv8

jaherbst
05-07-2020, 06:53 AM
Jack,

Yea, this one always baffles me every time the subject pops it's ugly head up. This quote says it all. "I have discovered the enemy, and he is within" Do ya think?

Jack

Dgdecker
05-07-2020, 06:58 AM
Perfectly stated Jack, the worry about what others think and Harley bashing on this site is amazing. Personally I have an RT, BMW, and a Harley Road King and enjoy them all....

jaherbst
05-07-2020, 06:58 AM
Jack: I love my 2019 Specialized E-Bike Como 2.0!! ... almost as much as my 2014 RT Limited.:clap:

Me too! We ride everyday. It is great exercise and we have access to almost 200 miles of paved bike trails one block from my house. Can't say I have ever enjoyed anything more than the E-Bikes.

Thanks for your reply.

Jack

jaherbst
05-07-2020, 07:03 AM
Jack,

Yea, this one always baffles me every time the subject pops it's ugly head up. This quote says it all. "I have discovered the enemy, and he is within" Do ya think?

Jack

FastOldGuy
05-07-2020, 07:44 AM
Perfectly stated Jack, the worry about what others think and Harley bashing on this site is amazing. Personally I have an RT, BMW, and a Harley Road King and enjoy them all....

Yea, the "That's Not A Hah'ley" has stuck in my mind. I've considered putting a small sticker on my Spyder "My Other Bike is a Panhead". I've read a lot here and I get the idea that a lot of Spyder folks really don't have much motorcycle experience (maybe 30%)? I've owned and ridden Harley's close to 200k miles in 44 years. I still have several and will always own them. Two of my Harley's are kick-start and with both knees going South, I've considered a set of powered rollers so I can still take a Spin on them. My 1957 H-D Panhead will Never Be Sold. It belonged to a Brother that was killed in 1978 on a Sportster, a big Grand Prix hit him head on and stopped his heart. I haven't read the Harley Bashing here, but we live in a World of "No Matter What I OWN, It's The BEST"!

Not picking on Folks here but what's with the list of Vehicles at the bottom of their post. Naturally I noticed you and I are some of the few that's not in that contest? Are those Current Owned or a Past?

I laugh at them I say, "Yeah, but you can't put a mowing deck on yours and earn beer money like I can!" That usually gets even the stonefaced to laugh. As a former Harley rider, I never looked down on any other motorcycle brand or type. They all allow a person to enjoy the wind. When I'm on tours now, I'm in a group with 2 harley ultras, one indian bagger and me. Guess which bikes get the most interest? Either the spyder or the indian, since my friend works for them and always shows up with a brand new one from the stable to try out. :) We always have to pause to do a first oil change on whatever he brings.

Same here David. Back in the Old Days, people driving any Car Waved at each other. After only 2 weeks, no most H-D Riders don't Wave. So I guess being a "Roughian" and ridding a Spyder makes us a Sissy? My GF started the Trike "thing". She was looking at TriGlides, since I have an M8 SG I'm not fond of Harley Trikes. (My 2018 M8 Runs HOT!) They remind me of Wheel Chairs for H-D Owners.

Joel The Biker
05-07-2020, 09:23 AM
HAHAHHAAA!! That is a funny wannabe biker!!! I would have just smiled and waved. Too funny! And when someone gives you the middle finger, shake your head NO and hold up 3 fingers!!!

triplethreat
05-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Not motorcycle related, but still funny. I had a girl (a friend of the gal I was dating at the time) flip me off and also verbalized her actions after I said hello to her (she was very drunk). I told her that I didn't take "walk ins" and that she would have to make an appt. I caught her right hand just BEFORE the attempted slap hit my face. :yikes:

jaherbst
05-08-2020, 08:20 AM
...... Not picking on Folks here but what's with the list of Vehicles at the bottom of their post. Naturally I noticed you and I are some of the few that's not in that contest? Are those Current Owned or a Past?

Yea I still own all those and have added some since. Just been to lazy to add them. Trying to help keep the economy going and doing my part! :joke:

Jack