PDA

View Full Version : Spring

Abbot Spyder
05-01-2020, 06:02 PM
The Spyder is out of storage.Hey Bruce what's up.

ARtraveler
05-02-2020, 09:40 AM
:congrats: Those first rides are always great. When I was in Alaska, it was always a wait for that to happen.

The picture on the bottom right is Hatcher Pass in June.

safecracker
05-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Nelson, good to hear you made it through the winter. I got the old Spyder out last weekend for her first ride. She ran great. Sue and i went for a ride yesterday. We rode over to Taco Bell in Skowhegan and then did a little shopping at Tractor Supply. Did not have to wait in any lines. Then down the East River road to Fairfield. Then home via route 100/11. How is your Spyder running? Keep in touch. Your cell phone number still the same? Bruce

Abbot Spyder
05-04-2020, 05:25 AM
Yes my cell is the same. I rode Saturday for the first time with some peoples from Newport one of them has a new Spyder, we went to Wiscasset for a Lobster roll and the place named Reds was close so we found another place and I had a lobster roll with a beer, it was take out only and they give you the beer in a paper bag, and we ate at a picnic table far away from everybody. This is what summer suppose to be. 249 miles round trip. Winter was good I rode snowmobile 4000 miles. Bottom line I am having fun. Retirement is Fantastic. Nelson

safecracker
05-04-2020, 06:09 PM
Lol, glad you are having fun on your retirement. Sue and I met 3 Spyders in St. Albans and a F3 in Canaan. I am working this weekend. We need to get together. Sue and i planned on doing Skyline drive and the BRP parkway this June. But we will not be able go if restaurants and motels are not open by then. We planned on spending 2 weeks in that area. We have our fingers crossed. I believe the border is still closed, so going to Canada is a no go. Bruce

CopperSpyder
05-04-2020, 06:33 PM
Lol, glad you are having fun on your retirement. Sue and I met 3 Spyders in St. Albans and a F3 in Canaan. I am working this weekend. We need to get together. Sue and i planned on doing Skyline drive and the BRP parkway this June. But we will not be able go if restaurants and motels are not open by then. We planned on spending 2 weeks in that area. We have our fingers crossed. I believe the border is still closed, so going to Canada is a no go. Bruce

If you do make the trip, let me know maybe I can meet you some where along the way so I can say Hello to some fellow Mainers. I'm about 1 1/2 hours north of Front Royal Va. (The Start of the Sky Line Drive)

safecracker
05-05-2020, 06:20 AM
CopperSpyder, thanks for the invite. Will do if we go. This will be our first time in that area. What part of Maine do you hail from? Bruce

CopperSpyder
05-05-2020, 08:53 AM
Wife and I are from Biddeford / Saco area. I lived there for the first 38 years of my life. Still go back and visit every once and a while. Now we live in PA & FL part time

safecracker
05-06-2020, 01:53 PM
CopperSpyder, you lived in Northern Massachusetts! Thanks for letting me know. I live in the Newport area. Bruce

CopperSpyder
05-06-2020, 03:51 PM
Newport, No Thanks I don't smoke.

safecracker
05-06-2020, 06:14 PM
Lol... Took me a couple of seconds, got it.

CopperSpyder
05-06-2020, 06:29 PM
well you showed a little Maine humor so I thought I would too. :thumbup: