PDA

View Full Version : Heading for Sturgis in the morning

Lamonster
08-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I'll post pics like I did on the Hollywood run here.
http://lamonster.smugmug.com/gallery/9149181_qLyFQ

It's kinda funny, I'm not too pumped about this trip.:dontknow: I guess going by myself again is kind of a drag and I won't be there very long so I won't get a whole lot of good riding in.:sour: I think I need an attitude adjustment.nojoke

Anyway I'll be checking the boards at my stops and I'll post when I get in at night. I'm going to take it easy on the way out and hope I miss the rain they've been talking about. :shocked:

BajaRon
08-03-2009, 07:20 PM
I'll post pics like I did on the Hollywood run here.
http://lamonster.smugmug.com/gallery/9149181_qLyFQ

It's kinda funny, I'm not too pumped about this trip.:dontknow: I guess going by myself again is kind of a drag and I won't be there very long so I won't get a whole lot of good riding in.:sour: I think I need an attitude adjustment.nojoke

Anyway I'll be checking the boards at my stops and I'll post when I get in at night. I'm going to take it easy on the way out and hope I miss the rain they've been talking about. :shocked:

Have a good trip buddy. Sorry can't go this time. Let me know if you need anything off the parts bike.

effgjamis
08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Have a safe and trouble free trip... and see you in Gatlinburg.

2spyders
08-03-2009, 07:23 PM
Have a safe trip! :doorag:

tatt2r
enjoy brother ....have a great trip....wish i could be there....:thumbup:

ataDude
Be careful! Have fun. :spyder:

Smylinacha
Ride safe, eat well and make sure you get lots of rest in between all that ryding.:thumbup:

Putt-Putt
08-03-2009, 07:57 PM
We will be leaving here for the Black Hills this Sat. 8th should be there by the 9th. We were going earlier but got changed to this time. We will be there for a week. If your still there or anyone else at that time hope to meet and say Hi inperson. :chat: Will be riding our Spyder.

8LEGS
08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
:ohyea: Be safe Lamont. Have a great time and enjoy yourself.

:doorag:

SpyderGirl
08-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Have a great trip, see you in September.

TMehaffey
08-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Have a safe trip!

Some Guy
08-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Have a great time and curse BajaRon for abandoning you whenever the weather is bad!!! Some wing-man he is!!! :roflblack:

Have fun, be safe! :D

Trickie Dick
08-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Safe trip:2thumbs:

Donk45
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
have fun :spyder2:'ing

superfly3
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
have a great time lamont and ride safe.:thumbup:

bjt
08-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Ride safe bro.

Tripod
08-03-2009, 11:45 PM
Represent !!

Tripod :joke:

SPYMAN
08-04-2009, 04:48 AM
:2thumbs: BE SAFE!!

ameobe
08-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Have a safe trip.

FANG
08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
ryde safe - nothing like a long :spyder: ryde to clear the head. :D

ntxYguy2009
08-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Have a safe trip. :doorag:

DynamoBT
08-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Be safe!! Hope you have a great trip. You know we are all looking forward to your posts with pics as you travel along!!!

b2k
08-04-2009, 11:05 AM
be careful lamont have a good time:ohyea:
just a reminder , did you leave ron instruction on feeding the cooners:lecturef_smilie:

Director
08-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Keep the shiny side up! :thumbup:

Bruce

Putt-Putt
08-04-2009, 02:23 PM
So is anyone else going there at this time? Hey Lamont will you still be there when we get there on the 9th?:popcorn:

GA-SPYDER
08-04-2009, 02:52 PM
And don't get sick!:lecturef_smilie::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Lamonster
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Just got in. Not much to report today. I dodged that big storm that hit Kentucky. They had 6.5" of rain in an hour. :yikes: I sat in a Burger King and watched it go by on my iphone before I took off. I got a little wet but it felt pretty good seeing it was so hot.

I'm in Platte City right now getting caught up on my web work. I did 820 miles and the Spyder ran great all day. I have 620 to do tomorrow. :doorag:

I'll check back in later.

BajaRon
08-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Just got in. Not much to report today. I dodged that big storm that hit Kentucky. They had 6.5" of rain in an hour. :yikes: I sat in a Burger King and watched it go by on my iphone before I took off. I got a little wet but it felt pretty good seeing it was so hot.

I'm in Platte City right now getting caught up on my web work. I did 820 miles and the Spyder ran great all day. I have 620 to do tomorrow. :doorag:

Be safe, take it easy, and don't mess with the buffalo this time!

b2k
08-05-2009, 07:26 AM

glad you did not to wet .be safe
by the way how did (Rons ) new tire do in the rain?:dontknow:

Roaddog2
08-05-2009, 07:33 AM
Very Very jealous in CT :2thumbs: Have a good and safe trip :ani29:
Make sure Magic Man and crew are behaving themselves :ohyea:

MSGTDOC
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
HAVE A SAFE TRIP BROTHER :2thumbs:

BajaRon
08-05-2009, 11:08 AM

I was wondering the same thing... just couldn't bring myself to ask. :yikes:

ElkSpyder
08-05-2009, 12:49 PM

I'm wondering also, as I've yet to hit the rain with my new tire.

BajaRon
08-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Well Lamont? You ok? No update!

Hope you're just getting some rest and all is well.

Spyder#353
08-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Where you at Lamont?????
It's 5 am Thursday morning and still no post. :pray: your OK

Lamonster
08-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm here and all is well. :doorag:

Did 700 miles yesterday and once again the Spyder ran great. :2thumbs: I've only seen two Spyders all the way here, one in Kentucky and one leaving SD. They were both red :spyder2::spyder2:

I got to my hotel in Rapid City and checked in a day early with no problems other than I have no cell service here :gaah:.
From what I was seeing there were more people heading home than there were showing up. I've never seen it so slow here. Guess the bad economy has hit Sturgis too. :sour:

Got here just in time to meet with the No Magic crew and go to dinner. They said the crowd has been down for them too. Guess they have been getting some bad weather here in the evenings and sure enough it looked pretty bad on the way to Ruby Tuesdays. We got lucky and made it home without getting wet. I don't recommend the primerib burger. I've been sick all night and spent more time in the bathroom than the bed last night. nojoke

When I got back to the hotel I had a couple of ruff looking guys giving me and the Spyder the eye, I guess I parked right in front of their room. After the rest of the crowd left I asked them how it was going, it was then that we started talking about the Spyder. After we got done one of the guys said "I think I found me a new girlfriend" :D After I told him the miles I put on the thing and told him that this was a great all weather touring bike I think he was sold. You just neer know who the next SpyderLover might be. :doorag:

We're looking at a 40% chance of rain and thunder showers today so it looks like I'll be getting a little wet today. Not sure what I'm going to do other than hangout with No Magic a bit and then stop by Buchtec and BRP.

I'll make sure to take some pics and video today and post them up when I get back in.:doorag:

tatt2r
08-06-2009, 06:55 AM
Enjoy.... And I think I speak for everyone that has eaten at ruby Tuesday :barf::barf::helpsmilie:

Smylinacha
08-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Did you get sick on the last trip to Sturgis? Better be careful w/ what you eat!

Tom in NM
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
When I got back to the hotel I had a couple of ruff looking guys giving me and the Spyder the eye, I guess I parked right in front of their room. After the rest of the crowd left I asked them how it was going, it was then that we started talking about the Spyder. After we got done one of the guys said "I think I found me a new girlfriend" :D

. . . . he was talking about the Spyder, right? :shocked:

Tom

BajaRon
08-06-2009, 03:10 PM
I'm here and all is well. :doorag:

Did 700 miles yesterday and once again the Spyder ran great. :2thumbs: I've only seen two Spyders all the way here, one in Kentucky and one leaving SD. They were both red :spyder2::spyder2:

I got to my hotel in Rapid City and checked in a day early with no problems other than I have no cell service here :gaah:.
From what I was seeing there were more people heading home than there were showing up. I've never seen it so slow here. Guess the bad economy has hit Sturgis too. :sour:

Got here just in time to meet with the No Magic crew and go to dinner. They said the crowd has been down for them too. Guess they have been getting some bad weather here in the evenings and sure enough it looked pretty bad on the way to Ruby Tuesdays. We got lucky and made it home without getting wet. I don't recommend the primerib burger. I've been sick all night and spent more time in the bathroom than the bed last night. nojoke

When I got back to the hotel I had a couple of ruff looking guys giving me and the Spyder the eye, I guess I parked right in front of their room. After the rest of the crowd left I asked them how it was going, it was then that we started talking about the Spyder. After we got done one of the guys said "I think I found me a new girlfriend" :D After I told him the miles I put on the thing and told him that this was a great all weather touring bike I think he was sold. You just neer know who the next SpyderLover might be. :doorag:

We're looking at a 40% chance of rain and thunder showers today so it looks like I'll be getting a little wet today. Not sure what I'm going to do other than hangout with No Magic a bit and then stop by Buchtec and BRP.

I'll make sure to take some pics and video today and post them up when I get back in.:doorag:

Good to hear all is well (except your Ruby Tuesday stomach). Take it easy and keep us posted. I'm on the other end this time.....Liked that end better.

Can't wait for September.... !

Oh, one last question....how is our tire doing?

GA-SPYDER
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
It seems like you and long trips,,,,and food don't mix too well.:gaah:

Hope you feel better,
Carl

b2k
08-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Oh, one last question....how is our tire doing?
rolling:roflblack: rolling:roflblack: rolling:roflblack:
by the way did you go over lamonts and feed the cooners :dontknow:

Lamonster
08-07-2009, 07:23 AM
The weather was bad on and off yesterday. I did get a chance to run out to the Spyder tent in Sturgis and hangout for a while. I got to tell you it was pretty dead. They did have the demos going full time but where we were there just wasn't much trafic. I did get to hookup with a few SpyderLovers and it looks like I'll be riding back with Silverfox (Cliford) on the way home. To be honest I'm ready to go home already.

Looks like rain again today but tomorrow looks good. Right now Smugmug is down so I'll upload some pics when I get back in tonight. Nothing much else to report. :doorag:

YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

Rando
08-07-2009, 07:53 AM
Lamonster, have you spotted the Super Skycycle yet? It's a flying motorcycle that I believe is premiering at Sturgis.

http://www.thebutterflyllc.com/sscycle/gallery.htm

Putt-Putt
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
So by the time we get there it will be all over; on 8/9/09 huh?

Lamonster
08-07-2009, 09:21 PM
So by the time we get there it will be all over; on 8/9/09 huh?

Looks like it. :sour:

We just had a major storm blow through here. I wimped out and put my Spyder under the tent at No Magic when we went to eat. Man am I glad I did. As we were headed to back to the hotel a car went by us that had the back of his window all blown out and the car was all dented. It look like someone took a baseball bat to it. They are saying right now that we are getting baseball size hail in area. This is no joke and you could get killed hitting stuff like that at 70 mph. nojoke I took a video of the car as it drove by. :shocked::yikes:
YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.

8LEGS
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Looks like it. :sour:

We just had a major storm blow through here. They are saying right now that we are getting baseball size hail in area. This is no joke and you could get killed hitting stuff like that at 70 mph. nojoke I took a video of the car as it drove by. :shocked::yikes:
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I1pr6qgoh0)

:yikes: Wow.

2spyders
08-07-2009, 09:59 PM
A few years ago we pulled into a campground near Deadwood right after they were hit with huge hail like that. :yikes:
There were huge gashes (torn metal) in the vehicles, tents and campers were destoyed, windows and siding were broken out of the buildings. We felt extremely lucky to have missed it because we were tent camping out of a motorcycle.

Putt-Putt
08-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Now you got me scared. But we are leaving in the moring. :pray:

Lamonster
08-07-2009, 10:19 PM
A few years ago we pulled into a campground near Deadwood right after they were hit with huge hail like that. :yikes:
There were huge gashes (torn metal) in the vehicles, tents and campers were destoyed, windows and siding were broken out of the buildings. We felt extremely lucky to have missed it because we were tent camping out of a motorcycle.

They just reported on the Weather Channel that Sturgis was hit hard and there was a lot of damage and injuries. :pray:

DynamoBT
08-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Gosh, that's too bad. Hail can be dangerous. Bad enough for trees and cars and such. No time for people to be out in it. Hope the injuries aren't too bad. No fun for property and stuff to be damaged. But most stuff can hopefully be fixed.

Lamonster
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I'm heading out the door right now but I thought I would report in.
Did 1100 miles yesterday with Silverfox and he kept going. If he made it will be 1800+ miles non stop.:yikes: He's a hardcore SpyderLover. :doorag:

Looks like I'm taking off in the rain. I'm leaving from Mount Vernon, IL right now.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Rapid+City,+SD&daddr=mount+vernon+il&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=32.80241,77.607422&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=6

docdoru
08-10-2009, 07:32 AM
I was there 4 nights ago! Watch your speed in that area :lecturef_smilie: and rYde safe!

silver fox
08-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Just want to thank you for the ride and share the time come back from Sturgis. I was only able to make it to Ft Campell KY about 35 mile from Tn line i guess I stop at 3:00 am again thank you an look forward to see you at you BBQ Silver Fox

Lamonster
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
Just want to thank you for the ride and share the time come back from Sturgis. I was only able to make it to Ft Campell KY about 35 mile from Tn line i guess I stop at 3:00 am again thank you an look forward to see you at you BBQ Silver Fox

It was good riding with you too Bro. I'm glad to see you made it home safe. :doorag:

Putt-Putt
08-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I guess we missed you and NMM. But we were at some of the places you and NMM were at. We just got back from Sturgis and the Black Hills tonight. Wish we could of met you guys.