PDA

View Full Version : The first 3 accessories....

Stache
04-30-2020, 05:38 AM
I’m putting in an offer on a new ‘20 RTL tomorrow. Hopefully the dealer and I will find a way to agree. I will be confirming the brake and panel recalls have been handled before delivery.

What are the first 3 accessories/mods I should add?

bikerbillone
04-30-2020, 05:53 AM
Not many out there yet, LaMonster has three so far. My first is passenger arm rests, two up riding, gotta have them and only BRP has them at this time. Another thing is the brake pedal, that needs a good after market to bring it back some and make it wider. I think there is something out there to make it wider, but to bring it back for the for the less than tall guy, not there yet. I also had the short reach bars installed, for me, a good choice.

biker01red
04-30-2020, 05:55 AM
Mine will be the Garmin Mount for a GPS that works...and the Bajaron Sway Bar....

Jetfixer
04-30-2020, 07:29 AM
Bajaron sway bar. Car tires. Front Auxiliary light. All three have made an amazing difference on mine. Not to mention the driver's backrest. But you said 3!!

ThreeWheels
04-30-2020, 07:33 AM
There aren't many aftermarket accessories available yet.
Here's what I got on mine:
Backrest: OEM. Very satisfied with it, it is adjustable so it needs to be set for your needs
GPS Mount: OEM, I transferred my Garmin 590 from my old Spyder onto the new mount.
Trunk Rack: OEM. Not bad. It looks good, but I think I would have liked the show chrome better.
Accessory Light: OEM. There aren't a lot of aftermarket LED lights available yet. The light comes on with the ignition. This leaves me with a plastic cover instead of a switch on the control panel. Not really a problem, except it upsets my OCD something terrible.
Tires: I had a set of car tires and had them put on the new bike. Consider wearing out the crappy Kendas, then get better tires.
Sway Bar: I just had the RonBar installed. An improvement to the handling, but right out of the crate, the 2020 RTL handles quite well. The RonBar makes it MORE quite well.
HeliBars: Infinite adjustable handlebars for the best ergonomics.

I'd like a bumpskid, but there don't seem to be any available yet. I'll install one if I can find it, hopefully with perimeter lights.
I want to light up the fender and bag reflectors. The fender lights are available now, but I want to wait until I can get both so the bike doesn't look lopsided.

OverHillAndDale
04-30-2020, 08:33 AM
Driver’s backrest, passenger armrests, auxiliary lights, Providence RAM ball mount for handlebar so I can carry a cup of coffee. 6” lightning cable for my iPhone in the glovebox, Hopnel dashboard bag so I have a place to store my glasses, and I moved my old Hopnel saddlebag and trunk bags from my last bike.

blacklightning
04-30-2020, 09:33 AM
Nothing but gas. I always say ride the bike and see what you need to make it to your liking. Don't fall into the hype of what everyone else thinks it needs, as you know how you will ride the bike. But like everyone else, that is just my personal opinion.

ARtraveler
04-30-2020, 10:46 AM
Lights, lights, and more lights. You cannot have to many.

bikerbillone
04-30-2020, 10:49 AM
Looking for Deland and SpyderPops for lights.

101stVet
04-30-2020, 05:23 PM
I’m putting in an offer on a new ‘20 RTL tomorrow. Hopefully the dealer and I will find a way to agree. I will be confirming the brake and panel recalls have been handled before delivery.

Agree with all above especially putting few miles on it before you commit to any mods.
Then....
#1 laser alignment
#2 sway bar
#3 car tires on all wheels

Then....you'll feel like its a totally different ride

samewok
04-30-2020, 07:36 PM
Spyderpops has lights and Lamonster have some things already

TicketBait
04-30-2020, 09:37 PM

You need 3 to 5 accessories most likely, All are found on BRP's website

Will you be riding two up or solo mostly?

I think when I am just ryding around town I will remove the RT top case and install the RT rear panel. it looks so cool/similar to the F3 limited series.

For all riding I have found the back rest to be the biggest improvement to riding.

Will you be taking long trips, or just local?

If it will be for riding to events or criss-crossing across America, then by all means get the trailer hitch and either the rt622 trailer or the new freedom trailer.

Is Flatrock Newfoundland and Labrador Canada where you live? Then by all means get the heated seats, and definitely the Garmin GPS, absolutely a must, the best!

Once you have ridden her, you can decide to add Baja Rons SwayBarI know I will try to go to an event where it can be put on right there.

Also will get an alignment as well from a Spyderlover sponsor Squared Away and also check here to see how other riders tires are wearing. And if they saw an improvement after the alignment.

Please, mandatory during this pandemic that you must share what beautiful machine you ended up with :yes:

rooting for you to get an exceptional fair deal.:dg1:

They ( the dealership) will try to sell you stuff in the final phase of the deal, cost of installing above accessories, warranty, fun protection and service plans. Call me if you have trouble getting the fun protection, I know someone who will sell it to you for the price of gas!:ohyea:

TicketBait
05-01-2020, 01:58 PM
:welcome::riding:

C. Lee
05-01-2020, 03:16 PM
the best upgrade on my 19 RTL was the belt tensioner. It made my ride so much smoother which reduced rider fatigue on the long distance rides, at least for me it did. the other important upgrade were LED lights and power for my phone on the handle bars. Everything is ok, but not essential in my book. Chris

DoubleA
05-05-2020, 06:02 PM
"Also will get an alignment as well from a Spyderlover sponsor Squared Away '
having a laser alignment done by Squared Away in Sun City West next weekend.

ISPYD
05-07-2020, 03:47 AM
Hi,
Glad you are having them do your alignment. They are the best!

It will be at my home, looking forward to meeting you

Linda. ISPYD

Stache
05-18-2020, 05:46 AM
I went a few more than 3 - so far:

BRP full cover, and

From Spyderpops
2020-UP CAN AM SPYDER RT BAD BOY HORN KIT FOR THE SOUND OF SAFETY (SPY403)
F3T/LIMITED & 2020 RT TOP CASE LUGGAGE RACK (SATIN BLACK OR CHROME)
F3T/LTD & 2020-RT W/TOP CASE ULTRAGARD HALF COVER

From EBay
Spyder2go and Drink2go cup holders

From CANAMSPYDERACCESSORIES
RT Trailer Hitch 2018-2020 WITH Plug and Play Harness
Spyder Key Holder

That’s probably enough farkle to start with.

obiwan57
05-18-2020, 07:17 AM
A wider brake pedal, lol, my new Spyder's brake pedal is much wider than my old 2013, love that I don't have to mod it.