PDA

View Full Version : They are here now sena 50 series

Motorcycledave
04-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Call me and get yours today !
209-887-DAVE (3283)

Copperman
04-30-2020, 05:16 AM
What's the difference with the new 50 series?

CopperSpyder
04-30-2020, 10:11 AM
Sena 50r and 50s "click: https://youtu.be/nxdrvveUo-Y

jcthorne
04-30-2020, 12:23 PM
Some nice new features to be sure. One MAJOR downfall is just like the 30 series, when these are not in MESH mode they default to SENA 10 series 4 channel intercom. So if the rest of your riding group is using SENA 20S units, DO NOT attempt an upgrade is it will actually significantly reduce your communications quality until everyone in the group upgrades to a new 50 series. Not going to happen. They REALLY should have learned from the downfall of the 30K that they need to incorporate all features of the previous gen units when moving on, otherwise there is no upgrade path.

Call me very disappointed yet again. I was really hoping they would have done it right this time. We are stuck with the 20 series for the foreseeable future.

CopperSpyder
04-30-2020, 02:37 PM
Some nice new features to be sure. One MAJOR downfall is just like the 30 series, when these are not in MESH mode they default to SENA 10 series 4 channel intercom. So if the rest of your riding group is using SENA 20S units, DO NOT attempt an upgrade is it will actually significantly reduce your communications quality until everyone in the group upgrades to a new 50 series. Not going to happen. They REALLY should have learned from the downfall of the 30K that they need to incorporate all features of the previous gen units when moving on, otherwise there is no upgrade path.

Call me very disappointed yet again. I was really hoping they would have done it right this time. We are stuck with the 20 series for the foreseeable future.

Sena is moving on to a better technology. Nothing wrong if you want to stay with the old stuff, no different then the Spyder and the changes they have had over the years.

As far as the new Sena 50r and 50s go it looks like they will work fine with some of the other Sena models as soon as their new software update comes out that will improve the older models also. see below models to be updated.

A huge Mesh 2.0 firmware update will launch May 1st for all existing Sena Mesh Intercom™ products! This substantial update will allow 30K, Momentum EVO, and +Mesh users to immediately enjoy the robust and reliable Mesh 2.0 connectivity along with Sena's new Multi-Channel Open Mesh Intercom™ and Group Mesh Intercom™! Mesh 2.0 will also allow intercom compatibility with 50S and 50R headsets, which operate on Sena's all new Mesh 2.0 platform.

Now there is no reason to up grade to this technology if you are happy with what you have, that is for sure.