PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a F3 revision in the next year or two?

GaRyder
04-29-2020, 06:06 PM
Greets,

I'm in the newb research phase of picking out a Can-Am. I'm in no hurry, it could be for this summer or next as I plan to mostly ride it during the warmer months. There are aspects of all 3 main models that appeal to me. The low ride height and cvt automatic of the Ryker, the looks, styling, and performance of the F3, and the comfort and new handling of the RT. I guess it would be impossible to get all 3 in one machine but something close would be nice, so wondering if anyone thinks there will be a refresh of the F3 in the next year or two. With the new RT out this year would it make since for some of the improvements in it to make it down to the F3 line soon? Or would they want to keep those limited to the RT to maintain enough difference between the models.

If an F3 with RT riding improvements wouldn't happen I would just as likely jump at one with a cvt engine around the 1300cc power range and a lowered ride height.

What does everyone think? Am I nuts to hope for something like this anytime soon?

I know you pick based on the type of riding you do but I would do pretty much all types of riding including tracking every now and then. Right now its looking like my option is to get a Ryker first and down the line grab an RT.

bmccaffrey
04-29-2020, 06:13 PM
Will not get cvt in 1300 only 600 and 900. The ryker good only for short trips. RT for long trips. F3 models depending model can be good for around town short trips F3 Limited more for long trips.

With modifications can make anything work if u have the money

Rob Rodriguez
04-29-2020, 06:41 PM
I could be wrong but I think a lot of the "improvements" or changes to the RT were to make it more like the F3 is terms of chassis, common parts, etc.

PW2013STL
04-29-2020, 10:16 PM
If BRP follows the same game plan on the F3 as they did the RT then it will be 10 years after release before major redesign happens. That would than be 2025. But only BRP knows.
You can keep waiting, or get something now and enjoy the ride until what you really want comes out.

Blackrain047
04-30-2020, 01:20 AM
The Ryker is definitely only for around town use. Any of the non- touring F3 models (F3/F3-S) can be used for touring as well. Get some “Shad” bags, a good windshield, upgrade your shocks and your off on your way. The F3’s have the same power as the RT’s, but less bells and whistles such as more storage, heated seats, radio etc. Otherwise, if you go for an F3 model, try to go minimum for the F3-S, because the base model doesn’t come with cruise control. Hope this helps.

troop
04-30-2020, 05:35 AM
The cruise control module/control can be added to the base F3.

llyrad
04-30-2020, 08:59 AM
100% agree with being able to tour with an F3. I live in Northern Alberta Canada and I've taken this bike from Northern Canada to New Orleans, Spyderfest in Missouri and California. What makes the F3 ideal is that when I'm done touring I take everything off and ride it 'naked' so it gives me the best of both. I have a quick disconnect for my Madstad windscreen and the Shad saddlebags pop off really easy. Having the options to switch things out is what made me switch from an RTS to an F3S

bmccaffrey
04-30-2020, 09:00 AM
I have the F3 Limited.
6 speaker sound system heated driver and passenger grips cruise control digital dash

blacklightning
04-30-2020, 09:19 AM
I chose to go with the middle ground and get a F3T. I had a 2014 RT first and loved it. But I never liked the trunk in the rear. I wanted a more sleek look, unless traveling long distance or needing a lot of luggage. That was my whole reason for getting the F3T. Now that the 2020 RT has a removable trunk, I really like it. I will wait a year or so and see if they do any other upgrades. Kinda like they did a minor upgrade in 2013, but then did major drivetrain stuff in 2014. That is what I am hoping for in 2021 or 2022. So I will wait, and if they drivetrain remains the same, I can get a left over model for cheaper. I also like the larger rear sprocket on the F3T (like the F3S) for better acceleration. And gas milage isn't an issue, as I went on a 290 mile ride with my buddy on his 2020, and he had to get gas well before I did. I am thinking I got about 30-40 miles more over the same trip.

GaRyder
04-30-2020, 04:15 PM
Now that the 2020 RT has a removable trunk, I really like it.

Are the saddlebags removable on the 2020 RT?

Edit - Guessing not since the rear lights are integrated into them. To bad that would be a nice option.

ARtraveler
04-30-2020, 05:21 PM
I could be wrong but I think a lot of the "improvements" or changes to the RT were to make it more like the F3 is terms of chassis, common parts, etc.

I am thinking you are on the money. As many common parts as possible. Automobiles have been playing the same game for years.

troop
05-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Being a 100% solo rider, and still have a soft spot for sportiness, I opted for a F3-S (2019). I added the Shad luggage and dual Madstad shields (22" light tint for touring and 14" dark gray for everyday). It more than fills all my needs. For tunes, I bluetooth music thru my Sena comm's thru a couple helmets. For $45, I concocted a secure storage case that attaches to my grab rails, across the passenger seat. Best of all situations :)

Yabbadabbadoo
05-01-2020, 09:24 AM
I went with a 2020 F3-S SS. I figure I'll be 80% solo sport riding, 20% 2up day touring with my wife. I didn't want to have all the unremovable baggage on the bike all the time and feel like I'm driving a tank. So I'll have easily removable accessories as I need them. Ordered an Elka shock for the rear so I can easily adjust the suspension as well. Cost wise I know it's adding up to what I would have paid for an F3T or L but again I didn't want all the stuff on there all the time.