PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited stalls

jimbombeck
04-28-2020, 09:43 AM
I have a a 2011 Can Am Spyder Rt Limited with 9400 miles. More than a few times as I am coming to a stop and the bike is downshifting as it shifts from 2nd gear to 1st the bike stalls. This has happened 6 -7 times in the last couple rides. Any help or suggestions ? Thanks

CopperSpyder
04-28-2020, 09:54 AM
Welcome to the forum Jimbombeck. I would look and make sure your oil level is good and have you changed the oil and filters (transmission & reg. oil filter). Do that if you have not. Next thing is the two small vacuum lines at the bottom of the throttle bodies. do a search here for that and you will see many treads on that subject.

CopperSpyder
04-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Here are some links to threads about vacuum hose "click: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?112910-Going-to-replace-vacuum-lines-on-2010-RT-and-I-have-some-questions&highlight=vacuum+lines

and another one with color photos "click: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?101535-Need-Help&highlight=vacuum+lines

You might also want to check to see if you have any codes next time it happens, try to pull up the codes, Push the Mode, Set and Turn Signal buttons at the same time - with the key on. You will either have a blank screen - meaning that the error is no longer active - or a code consisting of a letter and 4 numbers. Let us know what the error is.

jimbombeck
04-28-2020, 01:38 PM
No error code... suggestions?

CopperSpyder
04-28-2020, 02:02 PM
No error code... suggestions?

Just the oil & filters (transmission filer & oil filter) how old are they? The year of the Spyder strongly suggest vacuum lines may be a problem or drying out and cracking. see the link I gave you above and search for more info if you like. With out more info then you have provided that would be where I would look. With the vacuum lines sometime you don't see error codes.

GOZFST
04-28-2020, 07:29 PM
Replace the vacuum lines, cheap easy fix. It fixed my 2012 stalling problem.