PDA

View Full Version : ACS is reading MANUAL

scwingman
04-26-2020, 04:37 PM
I have a 2015 RT-S and yesterday while riding I pushed the ACS adjustment and it read "MANUAL" and it would not do anything. When I got home I check the Schrader valve under the seat and it was at 30 lbs. I adjusted it up to 60 lbs. with my air compressor and went riding. The pressure held at 60 but the ACS is still showing "MANUAL" ???

What is going on?

Thanks

larryd
04-26-2020, 04:54 PM
Do a search, MANY TOPICS...Probably needs a compressor...If you still have warranty take it to the dealer...If Not, Contact "Grandpot" on this forum...He does the aftermarket compressor fixes and he's in SC...

Report back when you get ACS resolved...

larryd

Grandpot
04-26-2020, 04:57 PM
Can you hear the compressor running? The compressor is located over the rear wheel. In order for the compressor to run, the following conditions must be met:
1. Engine must be on.
2. ALL rear compartments must be closed.
3. Must be in gear. Either 1st or reverse.
4. Parking brake must be off.
5. Put weight on the bike by either standing on the foot pegs or just sit on it.

If the compressor is running, it most likely is not pumping air. Replace it. Otherwise, further troubleshooting is necessary.

trikermutha
04-26-2020, 04:58 PM
Took this out of the manual

Error Code "MANUAL" Displayed in Gauge The error code MANUAL can appear on the multifunction gauge for different reasons that are not necessarily related to a failure of the ACS system.

Does the Manual reading stay active? or does it momentary come on the off?

HAve you done anything to your Spyder recently?

safecracker
04-27-2020, 02:02 PM
I had to replace the ACS twice on my Spyder. A bad switch is one of the reasons you will get the "manual" displayed. A bad compressor is another, a blown fuse and a bad or loose relay. I converted mine to a Manual fill up 2 summers ago. Much more reliable. Bruce

scwingman
04-27-2020, 07:40 PM
What do you have to do to convert to manual fill. That was exactly what I was thinking about doing if possible.

safecracker
04-27-2020, 09:14 PM
You bypass the compressor and run a airline from schrader valve under seat directly to the airbag. I fill the airbag to 60lbs of air. Bruce

stevencovert
04-27-2020, 10:01 PM
Did you recently have a tire replaced? This "Manual" will pop up if the sensor on the left side of the A-Frame is not connected or broken. Look on left side of tire to the frame, follow the top of the frame up about 12" you should see a plastic arm bolted to it going up to a sensor. I forgot this when I replaced my tire and yeah - Manual mode!! That sensor detects load on the bike (e.g. you and passenger).
Steve