PDA

View Full Version : Altimax on front.

johnv50
04-25-2020, 05:40 PM
For those of you running the General Altimax on the fronts, what size are you using ?
I cannot find anything on Tire Rack that will fit.

thanks johnv

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-25-2020, 05:53 PM
For those of you running the General Altimax on the fronts, what size are you using ?
I cannot find anything on Tire Rack that will fit.

thanks johnv

I was able to get the 175/65-15 to fit my 2014 RT with old style fenders. .... I love the tire, but it wasn't easy to get it to fit ..... I won't go into HOW I did it because right now the best tire for any Spyder is the Vredestein Quatrac 5 .... which comes in a 165/60 -15 which will fit your spyder without ANY issues .... I have a pair I recently bought ..... I would never steer a brother wrong. The Q-5 is a better tire than the Altimax anyway ..... years ago I discovered the Altimax and began recommending it .... 100's or more here bought it and liked it ( for the rear - it fits )..... time & technology have advanced tire traction a lot ..... now the Q-5 is tops - period .... many folks here are now using it and love them ..... Mike :thumbup:

ChicagoSpyder
04-26-2020, 05:07 AM
I was able to get the 175/65-15 to fit my 2014 RT with old style fenders. .... I love the tire, but it wasn't easy to get it to fit ..... I won't go into HOW I did it because right now the best tire for any Spyder is the Vredestein Quatrac 5 .... which comes in a 165/60 -15 which will fit your spyder without ANY issues .... I have a pair I recently bought ..... I would never steer a brother wrong. The Q-5 is a better tire than the Altimax anyway ..... years ago I discovered the Altimax and began recommending it .... 100's or more here bought it and liked it ( for the rear - it fits )..... time & technology have advanced tire traction a lot ..... now the Q-5 is tops - period .... many folks here are now using it and love them ..... Mike :thumbup:

Mike, are you running the Kumho Ecsta AST on the rear?

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-26-2020, 09:33 AM
Mike, are you running the Kumho Ecsta AST on the rear?

No, I have a Pirelli ( 4 season - it's been superseded ).... I only have 6,000 mi. on it so it will be awhile before I start looking for a re-placement. If there is anything I have learned over the years is .... tires get better and better ie. new compounds are found or old ones with new formulations..... 5-6 years ago .... the Altimax RT43 had the best performance, now it's the Q-5 ...... next year ???? .....Mike :thumbup:

SpyderAnn01
04-26-2020, 12:28 PM
John if you have the new style fenders the Altimax will not fit on the front.

johnv50
04-26-2020, 03:36 PM
Thanks to all, I will purchase the Quatrac 5 in 165/60/15 for the fronts.

thanks johnv

whitedog43
04-26-2020, 07:03 PM
Thanks to all, I will purchase the Quatrac 5 in 165/60/15 for the fronts.

thanks johnv

you won't be disappointed, really impressed with them on my 17 rt in 175's