PDA

View Full Version : Signal Dynamics BackOFF units

Rotax
04-24-2020, 11:28 AM
Has anyone successfully installed a Signal Dynamics BackOff unit on their 2014 - 2017 Spyder?
I don't think it makes any difference at to model because we all have brake-directional set up.
Thanks,
Rotax

SpyderAnn01
04-24-2020, 12:18 PM
Maybe Highwayman will chime in but they had a back off modulator one their RT and it was so sensitive that their brake lights flashed almost constantly. I would not purchase it if it doesn’t have a method to adjust the sensitivity.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Has anyone successfully installed a Signal Dynamics BackOff unit on their 2014 - 2017 Spyder?
I don't think it makes any difference at to model because we all have brake-directional set up.
Thanks,
Rotax
What model Spyder? If it's an RT I suggest you consider something like this unit. https://spyderpops.com/rt-high-mount-brake-run-turn-with-strobe-feature-includes-plug-play-special-harness/. The advantage of using this rather than just strobing the stock brake lights is the higher mounted light is much more visible than the stock, especially when it is flashing.

Here is how I wired in the Signal Dynamics Backoff modulator. It flashes all the brake lights several times, and then alternates the high mount light with stock lights in the WigWag mode. This thread describes adding in the WigWag and trailer harness. It may be a lot more than you want to do but maybe you can get some wiring ideas from it. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?64757-How-I-wired-up-a-5-wire-trailer-harness-plus-other-lights-Part-1&highlight=high+mount

Motorcycledave
04-24-2020, 12:49 PM
Hi Rotax
send me your email address to motorcycledave@mac.com
I will send you a video of the one on my Spyder it's a super unit
that is NOT costly and works great.
Dave

Thanks,
Rotax