PDA

View Full Version : Access to Passenger Seat w/BRP Arm Rests

bikerbillone
04-24-2020, 06:46 AM
Anyone with the 2020 RTL have the OEM passenger arm rests? If so, do the arm rests swing wide enough to mount the passenger seat comfortably? Considering the BRP arm rests, but trying not make a 'buying and install' mistake. Thanks for any input.

PW2013STL
04-24-2020, 10:04 AM
I don't have a 2020 RT, but a good friend does. Looking at his set up (2020 RT with comfort seat, driver's backrest, and passenger armrests) the armrests move outward about 2". We asked his passenger how it was to mount. She said she had no issues. She folds the backrest down and climbs aboard.
I personally think that the armrest should swing out wider and fold down to be out of the way when no passenger is aboard.

bikerbillone
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
Egads, 2", that's not even a work around, don't visualize how 2" from arm rest normal riding position would allow room to get on the seat. Thanks for the information.

Pennyrick
04-24-2020, 02:27 PM
Egads, 2", that's not even a work around, don't visualize how 2" from arm rest normal riding position would allow room to get on the seat. Thanks for the information.

Billy: See my post today on an easy way to mount when a passenger is in place.
Pennyrick

bikerbillone
04-24-2020, 02:33 PM
Saw that Rick, I have no problem with mount on the driver's seat, it's the passenger I'm concerned about. Maybe I wasn't clear.