PDA

View Full Version : Playing music from GPS

Baron14y
04-23-2020, 10:04 AM
I have a Zumo 590. I have the impression that music that I loaded on to it can be played through my Sena headset after pairing. However, while the GPS pairs immediately to the headset for route instructions, I have been unable to play music from it. Am I doing something wrong, and, if so, what do I have to do right. Or, am I having a pipe dream and the 590 won't play music even if it is in its memory.:dontknow::popcorn:

ThreeWheels
04-23-2020, 10:37 AM
Yes, I believe you are doing something wrong.
You need to have the music files stored on and SD card. Insert the card.
From the opening screen, choose the Apps button.
On the next page scroll down until you get to the Media Player and select it.
Once you get to the media player, select the source by clicking on the upper left corner with the cords icon.
On the next page select "MP3", and then Save.
Depending on the number and size of music files, it may take some time for the Zumo to read all the files.
Once you've completed the above steps, you won't need to do them again.
Go back to your map screen.
In the lower right there is the menu selection. It appears as three lines. Select that.
Choose media player, and you will see a dialogue screen on the that will allow you to play, stop or skip songs.
You can X out of this dialogue to maximize the GPS screen, and the music will continue to play.
You can re-open the media player by selecting it from the menu in the map screen.

Each time you restart the GPS, you'll need to hit the play icon to restart the music.

This worked for me. I hope it's helpful to you

Baron14y
04-23-2020, 11:02 AM
Yes, I believe you are doing something wrong.
You need to have the music files stored on and SD card. Insert the card.
From the opening screen, choose the Apps button.
On the next page scroll down until you get to the Media Player and select it.
Once you get to the media player, select the source by clicking on the upper left corner with the cords icon.
On the next page select "MP3", and then Save.
Depending on the number and size of music files, it may take some time for the Zumo to read all the files.
Once you've completed the above steps, you won't need to do them again.
Go back to your map screen.
In the lower right there is the menu selection. It appears as three lines. Select that.
Choose media player, and you will see a dialogue screen on the that will allow you to play, stop or skip songs.
You can X out of this dialogue to maximize the GPS screen, and the music will continue to play.
You can re-open the media player by selecting it from the menu in the map screen.

Each time you restart the GPS, you'll need to hit the play icon to restart the music.

This worked for me. I hope it's helpful to you

I did everything as indicated and it showed a pairing, but , still no music. The music I have on the GPS is in the main memory. It is still not full, so there is nothing on the CD card. Does the music have to be on the CD card to play, and, if so, how would I get it onto the card? I do appreciate all your help.

ThreeWheels
04-23-2020, 11:13 AM
If I recall correctly, yes the music files need to be on a micro SD card. I think the main memory of the GPS is dedicated for route, waypoint and track storage.
Do you have the SD card installed ?
If not, you can drop the files onto the SD card using your computer. You have to install them into a directory labeled "Music". Then install the SD card into the GPS.
You can also install the SD card into the Zumo directly. When you connect the Zumo to your computer, you'll see a second drive as part of the Zumo. You can drag and drop your files onto the second drive.
Good luck. Keep us posted so we know how you made out.

h0gr1der
04-23-2020, 11:55 AM
One caveat I found about my Zumo 595 is that it seems to only recognize MP3 files, which reduced my available music significantly. Unless the software has been updated it won't support AAC or WAV files.

EdMat
04-23-2020, 12:28 PM
You may also have to adjust the volume up. Seems everything coming in has its own volume level.

Baron14y
04-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Got music on to the SD card, but still no joy on getting it into the Sena. Giving up. Will just keep using my phone. Thanks to all for trying.:banghead:

Bfromla
04-23-2020, 02:14 PM
Will it play the music just from the unit , not paired to the Sena? If not hints to a format problem, if yes rest should just be a settings/ volume per device issue:dontknow::popcorn:

JayBros
04-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Got music on to the SD card, but still no joy on getting it into the Sena. Giving up...

Don't do that unless you've called Garmin OEM Product Support, 855-607-2536. They've helped me solve every problem I've ever encountered with my 590. Their customer service is amongst the best in the world, IMO.