PDA

View Full Version : Steering Recall

wtwing15
08-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Hi I received the letter from BPR for the Steering Recall today it is booked in for Wednesday, How many have received the letter.:thumbup:

gazey
08-03-2009, 03:56 AM
Got mine today too :(
I'm a bit worried about some of the reports of Spyders running ruff after the upgrade though. Mine hasn't missed a beat since I got it.
Gotta 4hr each way ride to the dealer in Burnie.
It will give me a good reason to catch up with TrumpyBob and Pauline :thumbup:

Trumpybob
08-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Got mine today too :(
I'm a bit worried about some of the reports of Spyders running ruff after the upgrade though. Mine hasn't missed a beat since I got it.
Gotta 4hr each way ride to the dealer in Burnie.
It will give me a good reason to catch up with TrumpyBob and Pauline :thumbup:

Hi Gazey, I haven't heard yet. If you have, then mine should be in the post. Let me know when your having it done and I might come with you.
Bob

gazey
08-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Hi Gazey, I haven't heard yet. If you have, then mine should be in the post. Let me know when your having it done and I might come with you.
Bob

No probs, I'll give Lingers a call in the morning to find out what the go is.

BillGargan
08-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Got my letter. Did the updates. NO PROBLEMS!

See my BRP Recall thread for details.

Trumpybob
08-04-2009, 05:03 AM
No probs, I'll give Lingers a call in the morning to find out what the go is.

Andrew, Lingers called me today asking when I wanted to take it in for the update. Said I would call them. Why don't you book it in on a Saturday, and stay at my place Friday night, and we can both go in early Saturday Morning. Just a thought Let me know so I can book mine in on the same day.
bob

Aussie spyder
08-04-2009, 07:42 AM
recieved my letter.need 20000km service in 2 weeks time, so that works out nicely.

greetings henk

garry sol
08-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Let me know how all your recalls went ,had mine done and it played up and had to be done again ,so I am interested in if you had the same problem as I did even the next day the DPS came on and I stopped the :spyder2: and waited a few minutes and the computer corrected itself,I hope it settles down
Gaz

Trumpybob
08-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Let me know how all your recalls went ,had mine done and it played up and had to be done again ,so I am interested in if you had the same problem as I did even the next day the DPS came on and I stopped the :spyder2: and waited a few minutes and the computer corrected itself,I hope it settles down
Gaz

Having mine done tommorrow. Wish me luck.
Bob

Aussie spyder
08-21-2009, 12:22 AM
spyder is in the shop.there is a problem with the DPS and need some new parts.may be finished late next week.

greetings henk

Pogo
09-04-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi I received the letter from BPR for the Steering Recall today it is booked in for Wednesday, How many have received the letter.:thumbup:

I got a call from Prorider advising me of the recall. I was about due for the 10000km service and I also wanted a spare spare key programmed to leave at home (since I am often many hundreds of km from home and carry my spare key with me), so I arranged to have them all done then.

I have a trip coming up and decided to get the spare key done early. I took my Spyder in to get the new key programmed, and the update was applied automatically. :hun: No choice, according to the mechanic. As soon as the computer is connected (as it has to be to program the keys), it applies the update.

I notice a small change in the steering, not scary, just a bit lighter. I think I have a few tuning hiccoughs, but I as also began experimenting with running E10 fuel on the same day, I'll have to let that run its course. Again, no major failures as I've read on the US lists, just an occasional cough, and I think the occasional whiff of petrol (so hard to tell riding in traffic).:dontknow:

I'll let you know how I'm progressing. I'm off to Wagga from Sydney on the 12th, so I'll get a good run to check the tuning and performance on E10. The 10000km service will be done the following Monday, so I'll get to see if the tuning improves (indicating that something was wrong).

Cheers;

Pogo.

NancysToy
09-04-2009, 05:16 AM
Got mine on the 17/july and have not done it as yet as im waiting for for problems to arise before the long trip to sheperton vic. Foot brake will not hold when parked, warning light brake problem but only when going down hills then it clears its self. OH and by the way i hade Ikon shocks fitted to the :spyder2: i am so :2thumbs: good price and works a treat photos of Ikon attached. regards Darren3828:yes:
TO ANYONE WANTING TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE SHOCKS FOR THE SPYDER CONTACT IKON SUSPENSION IN ALBURY NSW ON 0260409955 ASK FOR GEOFFREY
Parking brake is an adjustment problem. Adjust cable until it only takes a couple of clicks to set it. The warning light indicates low brake fluid. I know it looks full, but a warning on a grade is a sign that it is a teeny, tiny bit low.

Extracool
09-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Had the steering update done, the spyder has run and handled better than ever, had the ground wire update for the coil on the SE5 and everything was fine for 2 wks then in one day the steering locks up in left turns. You are turning and the steering goes hard, you apply more pressure and the bike starts turning left and all of a sudden the pressure lets go and you get a quick jerk and if your reaction time is not fast, a wreck would be unavoidable,this happened 3 times in about 45 miles, have appointment with dealer monday to have electronics BUD tested.:gaah:

ataDude
09-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Had the steering update done, the spyder has run and handled better than ever, had the ground wire update for the coil on the SE5 and everything was fine for 2 wks then in one day the steering locks up in left turns. You are turning and the steering goes hard, you apply more pressure and the bike starts turning left and all of a sudden the pressure lets go and you get a quick jerk and if your reaction time is not fast, a wreck would be unavoidable,this happened 3 times in about 45 miles, have appointment with dealer monday to have electronics BUD tested.:gaah:

Possible bad gear position sensor:
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7831

And... it typically doesn't leave historic codes for review.