PDA

View Full Version : 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic paint code

NEXUS
04-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Having not been able to find the right paint code for the 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic.
Does anybody out there know what it is?
Painting trailer to match the RTL.

bigbadbrucie
04-20-2020, 10:07 AM
Having not been able to find the right paint code for the 2020 RTL Deep Marsala Metallic.

This may sound like a dumb question, but have you asked BRP what the paint code is?

Chasinsparks
04-20-2020, 01:01 PM
I emailed and facebooked BRP last week asking about the paint code for 2106 Intense Pearl Red in within minute I had an answer from facebook and the next day in the form of email from BRP.

NEXUS
04-20-2020, 02:32 PM
This may sound like a dumb question, but have you asked BRP what the paint code is?

No question is dumb-I contacted my dealer parts department they were going to get back to me several days ago.
I just thought maybe somebody out here may have it already in SpyderLovers land

NEXUS
04-20-2020, 02:33 PM
I emailed and facebooked BRP last week asking about the paint code for 2106 Intense Pearl Red in within minute I had an answer from facebook and the next day in the form of email from BRP.

I just emailed BRP on Facebook just like you suggested.
Thanks for the info

TicketBait
04-20-2020, 03:45 PM
I just emailed BRP on Facebook just like you suggested.
Thanks for the info

When you get the info, please post it here as I wanna do the same :yes::2excited:

Copperman
04-20-2020, 07:10 PM

I had my trailer painted to match my Chalk 2020 RT Limited. Initially I used the BRP code for the chalk color. When the painter did a test sample, using the code, it was way too dark. He said there was no "pearl" in it. I left him a piece of my body panel and he eventually did a computer match. The computer match turned out perfectly. You may need to go that route.

NEXUS
04-21-2020, 09:32 AM
When you get the info, please post it here as I wanna do the same :yes::2excited:

BRP sent this below

We are happy to provide you with the Deep Marsala Metallic paint code:
B.A.S.F., R-M: 962536
PPG: 975589

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
reply to this email or to call us at 1-888-272-9222.

Have a wonderful day.

Cheers,

Peter Aawen
04-21-2020, 12:19 PM
........ I left him a piece of my body panel and he eventually did a computer match. The computer match turned out perfectly. You may need to go that route.

NEXUS, like Copperman said, even tho you now have the paint code, which is a good start; buuuut....... if you REALLY want your trailer's colour to 'match' that of your Spyder, I'd STILL be going down the recommend path above - see the Bold. :lecturef_smilie:

As soon as your Spyder came out of the paint booth at the factory, that paint colour started changing/fading as a result of everything it's been exposed to - so if you paint it exactly as per the paint code now, it might be reasonably close in colour, but it'll likely never 'match'! But if you simply use the paint code colour as a starting point and exactly colour match it via computer matching NOW, your trailer will match the colour your Spyder is NOW too, so it'll also continue to change/fade at much the same rate as your Spyder does as time goes on! So not only will it look closer if not exactly the same colour to start out with, it'll very likely stay looking the same colour from now on in too! :ohyea:

Colour match by ONLY using the paint code and, at best you'll get a close approximation NOW, only it'll then most likely fade/change differently to the (already somewhat changed) colour of your Spyder over time! :gaah:

Do you really need to ask me how I know this happens?!? :banghead: And with darker, more intense colours (like Marsala Metallic!) this has much greater impact than it does on lighter, less intense colours..... altho adding metallic or pearl can make them pretty difficult to match properly too! :sour:

So if you want to match the colour now and into the future, getting it done via the computer colour matching process is the way to go! :2thumbs:

NEXUS
04-21-2020, 01:12 PM
NEXUS, like Copperman said, even tho you now have the paint code, which is a good start; buuuut....... if you REALLY want your trailer's colour to 'match' that of your Spyder, I'd STILL be going down the recommend path above - see the Bold. :lecturef_smilie:

As soon as your Spyder came out of the paint booth at the factory, that paint colour started changing/fading as a result of everything it's been exposed to - so if you paint it exactly as per the paint code now, it might be reasonably close in colour, but it'll likely never 'match'! But if you simply use the paint code colour as a starting point and exactly colour match it via computer matching NOW, your trailer will match the colour your Spyder is NOW too, so it'll also continue to change/fade at much the same rate as your Spyder does as time goes on! So not only will it look closer if not exactly the same colour to start out with, it'll very likely stay looking the same colour from now on in too! :ohyea:

Colour match by ONLY using the paint code and, at best you'll get a close approximation NOW, only it'll then most likely fade/change differently to the (already somewhat changed) colour of your Spyder over time! :gaah:

Do you really need to ask me how I know this happens?!? :banghead: And with darker, more intense colours (like Marsala Metallic!) this has much greater impact than it does on lighter, less intense colours..... altho adding metallic or pearl can make them pretty difficult to match properly too! :sour:

So if you want to match the colour now and into the future, getting it done via the computer colour matching process is the way to go! :2thumbs:

I agree with all that you said above me.
I just posted what I was sent from BRP, but I already had taken a body part to be scanned by their computer
at the body shop to get an exact match color as close possible :pray:

Thanks for the advice:2thumbs:

Mike0123
02-17-2023, 08:21 PM
Looking to paint a trailer to match. Anyone have the code or even the formula?
What about the black?

Thanks!