PDA

View Full Version : In light of...

oldguyinTX
04-19-2020, 08:46 PM
the fact that many car/motorcycle etc. insurers are giving rebates or cash payments to customers, Mortgages/Rent payments, auto loans are being deferred, as well as lots of other measures I had a wild unimaginable thought. If BRP were to take some sort of positive action, I'd like for all of us in the Spyder Community to get a free year of warranty, regardless of the age or model Spyder. Just across the board. Oh, and for you 2020 owners, I would wish for you all to have all of your problems fixed right the first time without all of the anxiety of having to take your ride to the dealer 4 times for a fix that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-19-2020, 09:05 PM
the fact that many car/motorcycle etc. insurers are giving rebates or cash payments to customers, Mortgages/Rent payments, auto loans are being deferred, as well as lots of other measures I had a wild unimaginable thought. If BRP were to take some sort of positive action, I'd like for all of us in the Spyder Community to get a free year of warranty, regardless of the age or model Spyder. Just across the board. Oh, and for you 2020 owners, I would wish for you all to have all of your problems fixed right the first time without all of the anxiety of having to take your ride to the dealer 4 times for a fix that shouldn't have to be fixed in the first place.
It would be nice ..... but I'm NOT holding my breath on this ...... Thanks ..... Mike :thumbup:

Revalden
04-20-2020, 12:19 AM
well, i'm NOT going to hold my breath.

2dogs
04-20-2020, 12:48 AM
Well oldguy, you've gotta be dream'n or toke'n or both. LOL :-)

oldguyinTX
04-20-2020, 05:02 AM
Well oldguy, you've gotta be dream'n or toke'n or both. LOL :-)

Just try'in to stay positive. But you gotta admit, it would be a Public Relations bonanza for BRP, and might help to improve their otherwise not so rosy image when it comes to customer service.

bikerbillone
04-20-2020, 06:09 AM
I think it's a great idea, but I don't think that BRP is big on public relations. It's either you buy the product or you don't.

JayBros
04-20-2020, 06:52 AM
The name of the company, Bombardier RECREATIONAL Products, says it all. They give you a warranty to buy the product because of simple market competition; you recreate on your own nickel.

ARtraveler
04-20-2020, 10:04 AM
A wonderful idea...but...I also don't think it is going to happen.

Being a foreign country, they would not qualify for govt. help to pay for all the stuff. I don't think they would do anything like that on their own dime. It would be a great public relations coup, but I am thinking they don't think quite that way. :bowdown:

2dogs
04-20-2020, 01:32 PM
Just try'in to stay positive. But you gotta admit, it would be a Public Relations bonanza for BRP, and might help to improve their otherwise not so rosy image when it comes to customer service.

Wishful thinking oldguy and I agree with you 100%. I'm in business for myself and I do everything i can to satisfy my customers, even if it cuts into my profits. When i do that, i find it almost always seems to come back around two fold in later benefits. One benefit is that i don't have to spend bookoo bucks on advertising. All my referrals come by word of mouth. And for sure, BRP does not have that good word of mouth reputation in the non-ownership portion of the public. Spyders have a poor reputation for reliability, justified or not, they still have it. As i see it, BRP has a rotten dealer network that comprises lies, deceit and outrageously over priced services in many cases. With that, there are a considerable number of very reputable dealers out there, however, they are too few and far between. I know, there are customers that there is nothing you can do to satisfy them, but that's life in the business world. All in all, i'm still an advocate of a dealer rating section on this site and let the chips fall where they may.

Mazo EMS2
04-21-2020, 01:12 PM
The reason we see companies offering these types of deals, offers, things is to save people money NOW. So offering a warranty extension of the like doesn't put any money into anyone's pocket for immediate relief. Interesting idea, but highly unlikely. As mentioned earlier on, the term "Recreational" kind of puts things into perspective. The Spyder is not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination....LOL....well, ok, maybe it is........my bad. The idea of insurance companies giving out refunds is kind of a slap in the face IMO. Think of all the money they rake in, and then to offer a $50 refund....LOL...but whatever makes em feel good I guess. I have Progressive, I don't expect to see any sort of refund.

ARtraveler
04-21-2020, 01:32 PM
The reason we see companies offering these types of deals, offers, things is to save people money NOW. So offering a warranty extension of the like doesn't put any money into anyone's pocket for immediate relief. Interesting idea, but highly unlikely. As mentioned earlier on, the term "Recreational" kind of puts things into perspective. The Spyder is not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination....LOL....well, ok, maybe it is........my bad. The idea of insurance companies giving out refunds is kind of a slap in the face IMO. Think of all the money they rake in, and then to offer a $50 refund....LOL...but whatever makes em feel good I guess. I have Progressive, I don't expect to see any sort of refund.

Speaking of insurance :popcorn: :popcorn: Just got my monthly State Farm bill. They were one of the companies touting refunds. Not in my bill, not one penny.

Mazo EMS2
04-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Speaking of insurance :popcorn: :popcorn: Just got my monthly State Farm bill. They were one of the companies touting refunds. Not in my bill, not one penny.

You mean you haven't heard from "Jake from State Farm" in his Khakis yet?.....Weird

ARtraveler
04-21-2020, 06:12 PM
You mean you haven't heard from "Jake from State Farm" in his Khakis yet?.....Weird

And believe it or not...my first State Farm agent here was named Jake. He has since moved on to other things. :yes:

Deanna777
04-21-2020, 06:30 PM

I got my insurance bill for my car, and I got a credit.

Also had a credit on my Spyder insurance.

I deal with Geico insurance.

Deanna

2dogs
04-21-2020, 11:50 PM
Why do suppose we are seeing an up tick in auto insurance TV commercials? Why are so many people having their homeowners insurance canceled?

Mazo EMS2
04-22-2020, 07:34 AM
Well, I owe Progressive an apology, and I have to chew on a piece of crow meat today. We got a 20% credit for March and April from Progressive. The Spyder, the Ryker, and 2 vehicles all qualified. I got the email last night.:opps::2thumbs:

ARtraveler
04-22-2020, 09:32 AM
Well, I owe Progressive an apology, and I have to chew on a piece of crow meat today. We got a 20% credit for March and April from Progressive. The Spyder, the Ryker, and 2 vehicles all qualified. I got the email last night.:opps::2thumbs:

I will be looking for something next month now. :bbq:

I have a "crow" sandwich in the freezer just for those things. :roflblack: