PDA

View Full Version : Air suspension

bmccaffrey
04-10-2020, 06:34 PM
Am i correct to assume the rear suspension on F3 limited is manual air. All specs i've read suggest that it is.
Owners manual says automatic. Year 2018

Ex-Rocket
04-10-2020, 08:36 PM
I have a 2017 F3 Limited and it is automatic. Are you having a problem?

JP58
04-10-2020, 10:01 PM
My 2018 F3L is automatic leveling. All 17-20 F3L'S has built in compressor.

merlot
04-11-2020, 06:48 PM
Friends 19Lim also has no schrader valve(maybe i just didnt see it?).....not sure if i agree with that.....easier to bypass system if things go wrong if valve is present

my 16 Lim is manual(much preferred,i set to 40 psi every ride)

russ

bmccaffrey
04-12-2020, 06:39 PM
How can i tell? Hard to see in there. And i have not heard the compressor come on

merlot
04-12-2020, 07:33 PM
How can i tell? Hard to see in there. And i have not heard the compressor come on

here is my schrader valve...its under the rear seat on the left side,mid picture
if you dont have one then there is a big hole there instead:roflblack:
https://i.imgur.com/YgMG6Wel.jpg
you can check this valve for air bag pressure,engine running with you sitting on bike would be best

if you dont have a schrader,then you can drive the system with buds
OR
theoretically(i have never tried this)you should be able to disconnect your levelling rod(if your system is automatic),left side lower above the belt,and work it up and down
with engine running,the bike should raise/lower the rear as air is charged/dumped depending on the arc position of the rod

have you recently swapped out your rear shockie?
if you wound on too much preload,then the rear could be too high,and the pump wont come on because the sensor is telling the system that it dosent need any air
if so there is a proceedure in the manual,to reset the height sensor(think you need buds but not sure)

good luck with it

russ

bmccaffrey
04-12-2020, 08:26 PM
here is my schrader valve...its under the rear seat on the left side,mid picture
you can check this valve for air bag pressure,engine running with you sitting on bike would be best

OR
theoretically(i have never tried this)you should be able to disconnect your levelling rod(if your system is automatic),left side lower above the belt,and work it up and down
with engine running,the bike should raise/lower the rear as air is charged/dumped depending on the arc position of the rod

if you wound on too much preload,then the rear could be too high,and the pump wont come on because the sensor is telling the system that it dosent need any air
if so there is a proceedure in the manual,to reset the height sensor(think you need buds but not sure)

good luck with it

russ

Just wondering what it is. Rides like a Mercedes. But specs from I Motorsports and owners manual don't match. Have no complaints how it rides.

Ex-Rocket
04-13-2020, 03:07 PM

OR

good luck with it

russ
:yikes:
What in the plastic bag under the drivers seat? Are you smoking some funny cigarettes?:yikes::yikes::yikes:

merlot
04-13-2020, 06:19 PM
:yikes:
What in the plastic bag under the drivers seat? Are you smoking some funny cigarettes?:yikes::yikes::yikes:

I think I must be.
I dont know why I replied to the OP's post....
Seems there is nothing wrong with his bike :dontknow:

The air valve under the seat is a bear to get to with a bicycle pump, also need to hook up a guage to check, so I have a combination of extension hose and pressure guage. Under the seat is regularly full of dust (I've just done a "down to chassis"clean on the bike as in "stay at home"mode atm so my area is clean) so I store the combo in a plastic bag....the pump goes in another bag, to keep it all clean. :thumbup:

It's a little clumsy, and I do have a VI-AIR pump in the shed (sent to me by Doc H back in the day) but although I can place the switch for this, I am struggling to find a suitable place for the dash mounted air guage... on the RT, this was really easy, but not so on the F3. I bought some wi-fi guages (a 4 pack) but they were in BAR, so not good for what I wanted (needed PSI)

russ

bmccaffrey
04-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Yes it's auto. Thanks for everyone's info!!