PDA

View Full Version : October 2020 Maggie Valley Rally?

bikerbillone
04-10-2020, 06:12 AM
Any opinions out there if this will happen? Seems by then this mess will be done, but then there's the fall out, economy, all that. I would surely like to attend if it happens, it would be my first.
Bill

rick_w
04-10-2020, 08:08 AM
Any opinions out there if this will happen? Seems by then this mess will be done, but then there's the fall out, economy, all that. I would surely like to attend if it happens, it would be my first.
Bill

Yes the Rally is happening. We run the Rally and expect a large turn out. Please register on-line (it's free), so we can get an idea of how many. We do have to have a certain number for us to be able to justify paying for the location.
Thanks,
Rick
Value-Accessories
http://www.valueaccessories.net/SpyderAdventures.htm

blacklightning
04-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Yes the Rally is happening. We run the Rally and expect a large turn out. Please register on-line (it's free), so we can get an idea of how many. We do have to have a certain number for us to be able to justify paying for the location.
Thanks,
Rick
Value-Accessories

Done! Thank you. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

bikerbillone
04-10-2020, 08:50 AM
Oh yeah this should be a good happening, should be a good one on Mr. RTL....

Tbon
08-05-2020, 09:32 PM
Anyone have an update on Maggie Valley rally? I have lodging reserved, but no updates noted on the Spyder Adventures website. Sure hope it’s still on!

blacklightning
08-05-2020, 09:54 PM
Anyone have an update on Maggie Valley rally? I have lodging reserved, but no updates noted on the Spyder Adventures website. Sure hope it’s still on!
No update on the site. But we have reservations for 10/7-11. We will be there regardless. Last year we had a cabin near Boone and only rode down for 1 day. But this year we have a cabin in Maggie Valley and will be riding Thursday through Saturday. We use Wednesday and Sunday as our travel days.

Steve W.
08-05-2020, 10:22 PM
We have no reservations about going, but we DO have reservations (for lodging) once we are there. :thumbup:

We have a cabin rented in/near Maggie Valley, will be there early and might stay late, just to take it all in.

tntnj
08-06-2020, 05:35 AM
I have my RV site booked and the RV and trailer ready to go. I Can't wait to meet everybody there and ride the parkway and the dragon again. See you all there.

bikerbillone
08-06-2020, 06:35 AM
Millie and I are booked at the host hotel, here's the last I heard from the Sponsor, Value Accessories...

On Friday, July 31, 2020, 02:47:44 PM EDT, Value-Accessories <valueacc@valueaccessories.net> wrote:

The ride to Granny's has been put on hold. They were only doing take out. They told us to wait until End of Sept. or first of Oct. to give them a call to see if you can do it. When you register that automatically gets you the tickets for door prizes. WE are not sure how the rides are going to be handled. We only have 1 person who is willing to do the. We are not sure how he going to work that. We have to talk to him and will update that info. later.

Thanks

Teresa

Value-Accessorie

biker01red
08-06-2020, 06:39 AM
Bill

I like your optimism thinking the mess will be done !!!!! Upstate South Carolina just canceled their Rally for the second time, originally scheduled for May, then moved to end of August, now cancelled again... I hope you are right, sadly it might be continuing for sometime .......

bikerbillone
08-06-2020, 06:54 AM
Yeah, I know biker, trying to find something to be optimistic about these days is very difficult. So I registered just for grins, if it happens, I hope I'm there. I am so sick and tired of this crazy business.

FastOldGuy
08-06-2020, 08:23 AM
Interesting. Might need an October trip. I met a local last week who mentioned a Rally but I didn't catch exactly where it was.

blacklightning
08-06-2020, 09:12 AM
I was in Maggie Valley 2 weeks ago. Things were a little slower than normal, but still great. More social distancing than normal, but that is why I go to the mountains, to get away from it all. I am actually heading to the area again next week (staying in Pigeon Forge) with the wife and kids. We are also meeting my sister and brother in law from Cleveland, Tenn. I am sure things will be different there, and in Gatlinburg, because it is normally crowded there. But we always have tried to avoid the crowds. My wife always wipes everything down and is kinda my own version of the mask police. So we should be fine. Looking forward to October.

ulflyer
08-06-2020, 09:39 AM
Would be nice if the Rally schedulers would chime in here and let us know. I've not made resv for lack of current info. Additionally, would like to know which vendors, if any, are planning to be there.

Grandpot
08-06-2020, 02:05 PM
I like your optimism thinking the mess will be done !!!!! Upstate South Carolina just canceled their Rally for the second time, originally scheduled for May, then moved to end of August, now cancelled again... I hope you are right, sadly it might be continuing for sometime .......

What upstate SC rally are you talking about?

Charlottes Web
08-06-2020, 04:25 PM
Check post#9

ThreeWheels
08-08-2020, 03:15 PM
Where is the list of hotels for this rally. I can't seem to locate it.

ulflyer
08-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Where is the list of hotels for this rally. I can't seem to locate it.

ThreeWheels
08-08-2020, 04:14 PM

Thanks. We'll be staying at the Maggie Valley Inn and Conference Center.
We'll be arriving on Wed October 7th and leaving Sunday October 11th.
Two days down and two days back up.
I hope to spend a little time at the Dragon, but not sure yet.

rmag
08-08-2020, 05:25 PM
We have reservations for Monday the 5th thru Sunday . We've been to this one for the past 4 years and love the area for riding. No matter which direction you go, you'll find great roads. This is the one week I look forward to spending my vacation time playing in the twisties. As long as the hotels are open and we can find places to eat we'll be there.

Hope to see alot of friends there (new and old).

Rich and Rhonda

Navydad
08-08-2020, 06:56 PM
We have reservations for Monday the 5th thru Sunday . We've been to this one for the past 4 years and love the area for riding. No matter which direction you go, you'll find great roads. This is the one week I look forward to spending my vacation time playing in the twisties. As long as the hotels are open and we can find places to eat we'll be there.

Hope to see alot of friends there (new and old).

Rich and Rhonda

We are booked at the Holiday Motel from the 5th to the 12th. Even if the rally is a no go we will probably go just for the riding in the area. We have already stayed there in July and like previously mentioned things are a bit slower pace, but still up and running. We do the mask/sanitizer/social distance stuff and no better social distancing than riding in the mountains.

biker01red
08-09-2020, 05:29 AM
What upstate SC rally are you talking about?

It is the Upstate Carolina Spyder Rally to support the Road Warriors Foundation.
This would have been the third year for it.
This is the website:
http://upstatecarolinaspyderrally.com
They also have a Facebook page.
Check it out, good time.

bikerbillone
08-09-2020, 05:37 AM
Also have one in Deland FL to support the Road Warriors. That's is October 29 through 31 I believe. As of today, it is on with some pretty good vendors.

Grandpot
08-09-2020, 11:56 AM
It is the Upstate Carolina Spyder Rally to support the Road Warriors Foundation.
This would have been the third year for it.
This is the website:
http://upstatecarolinaspyderrally.com
They also have a Facebook page.
Check it out, good time.
Thank you.

bikerbillone
08-09-2020, 12:03 PM
So I'm now confused, is the Upstate Carolina Rally on or off for 2020?

PoeTiger
08-11-2020, 10:21 AM
I'm also glad to hear the Maggie Valley Rally is still on. I'm a new Spyder Rider since March of this year and live in Brevard, NC not far from MV.
Does anyone know if any of the good laser alignment providers will be in attendance?
I can't can't a response from the few that are semi-local to me.
My tires are shot so I may not be able to wait 2 more months to October.
Thanks in advance for any response! - Poe

rmag
08-11-2020, 10:32 AM
I'm also glad to hear the Maggie Valley Rally is still on. I'm a new Spyder Rider since March of this year and live in Brevard, NC not far from MV.
Does anyone know if any of the good laser alignment providers will be in attendance?
I can't can't a response from the few that are semi-local to me.
My tires are shot so I may not be able to wait 2 more months to October.
Thanks in advance for any response! - Poe

Netzley Tire is listed as a vendor on the rally web site and they do laser alignments.

Steve W.
08-11-2020, 11:31 AM
Netzley Tire is listed as a vendor on the rally web site and they do laser alignments.

I don’t know if it is their usual policy, but at the eastern oHIo get-together, they would check your alignment for free, only charging if it needed to be adjusted. They install tires, too, but I don’t know what brands they offer.

biker01red
08-12-2020, 05:32 AM

It is cancelled for 2020.....

Woodaddict
08-12-2020, 05:42 AM

JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR...…………….the Upstate Carolina Rally is in SC( canceled this year), NOT the Maggie Valley rally in NC

bikerbillone
08-12-2020, 07:23 AM
OK, got it thanks.

PoeTiger
08-12-2020, 08:25 AM
Thanks rmag and Steve W. I'll check out Netzley and see what kind of tires they are bringing and get on their schedule for alignment as well.

Grandpot
08-12-2020, 09:19 AM
JUST TO MAKE IT CLEAR...…………….the Upstate Carolina Rally is in SC( canceled this year), NOT the Maggie Valley rally in NC

You did make it clear. Thanks for using all the words.:thumbup: