PDA

View Full Version : iPhone apps... what do you need/want?

Zerocool
08-01-2009, 07:13 PM
So, apart from being a computer systems engineer for Sun Microsystems, I'm also software engineer by discipline. In my spare time I've been writing applications for the iPhone, my first game, called "iGuess Numbers," is being reviewed by Apple and will hopefully be available soon. I have a few others in the works.

For those of you seasoned riders with an iPhone, are there any applications you wish you had; specifically for the motorcycle/Spyder enthusiast?

I'm thinking maybe Spyder specific schedules, metrics, etc. in an easy to carry format? Other ideas?

RodO
08-01-2009, 11:50 PM
One that I like, called "TimmyMe", uses the built-in GPS to locate the nearest Tim Hortons coffee shops (they're a Canadian favourite but I don't think they're too common in the US). Maybe a similar app to locate a Can-Am dealer would be useful when travelling.

Rod.

Zerocool
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
One that I like, called "TimmyMe", uses the built-in GPS to locate the nearest Tim Hortons coffee shops (they're a Canadian favourite but I don't think they're too common in the US). Maybe a similar app to locate a Can-Am dealer would be useful when travelling.

Rod.

Good idea!

At first, I thought - how's that better than having the Spyder Dealer List in your address book, then double tapping the dealer address and the GPS pops up? Then I realized we'd REALLY like the iPhone to do that for us :thumbup:

I've got the list. I'll take a look and see what I can do... no promises though ;)

Zerocool
08-04-2009, 08:02 PM
... In my spare time I've been writing applications for the iPhone, my first game, called "iGuess Numbers," is being reviewed by Apple and will hopefully be available soon...

I know, way off topic... and a shameless plug at that, but I do want to share with my friends on this board that the iPhone (and iPod Touch) game I wrote was accepted and is now available on the App Store via iTunes. :yes:

Just search for "iGuess Numbers" on the App Store... the hit you get is me ;)

To be clear, no purchase necessary, I'm just sharing my achievement with this community. Hope to meet a bunch of you in Gatlinburg!!!

Wayne