PDA

View Full Version : Ryding?

Vader
04-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Took a ride out to PA to see my folks. They are in the 80's and not very happy about the current conditions. So, when I surprised them, they were overjoyed. Bonus was the lack of Troopers, thus making the trip quite short, lol.
Anyone else making trips to see loved ones?

RapidSpyder
04-08-2020, 10:24 PM
We’ve been dropping off care packages with friends, even got together in a driveway with three other couples yesterday. We did set up in a large circle and everyone brought their own food.

ARtraveler
04-09-2020, 11:28 AM
Where there is a will, there is a way. An old saying, but appropriate here. Lot's of ingenuity happens in tough times. :bowdown:

Deanna777
04-09-2020, 12:46 PM
I have been making trips to see my mom, in my car, because my spyder is still in hibernation.

I haven't seen many state police on the roads.
Deanna

Navydad
04-09-2020, 01:15 PM
Luckily in a rural area so we have been getting a bit of wind therapy. I've put each bike through a few paces to keep the cobwebs out.

jerrydonna
04-09-2020, 03:43 PM
My wife learning to ride 2019 F3L and be worried less about the traffic has us doing about 75-120 miles per day, just returned a short time ago. might have been close to 1000 miles this month alone. Plus my time being able to add my own 60 miles trip into work each morning for a few hours.

campermac
04-09-2020, 06:18 PM
You are permitted to go see loved ones here in PA. Plus the State Police will not pull you over unless you have performed a traffic violation. I have been out twice to clear my head and I even asked a buddy of mine who is a state trooper and my son-in-law is a county police officer as well. Keep going to see your folks, they need it.

wyliec
04-10-2020, 06:38 AM
Took a ride out to PA to see my folks. They are in the 80's and not very happy about the current conditions. So, when I surprised them, they were overjoyed. Bonus was the lack of Troopers, thus making the trip quite short, lol.
Anyone else making trips to see loved ones?

My son-in-law is a Trooper (Kingston area) and getting a lot of overtime. The only lack of Troopers is due to a hiring freeze which went into effect before COVID 19.

Like the face covering in the bottom pic, and the smiles on their faces.

Vader
04-10-2020, 09:01 PM
Keep going to see your folks, they need it.

Thanks Campermac!!

Vader
04-10-2020, 09:02 PM
My son-in-law is a Trooper (Kingston area) and getting a lot of overtime. The only lack of Troopers is due to a hiring freeze which went into effect before COVID 19.

Like the face covering in the bottom pic, and the smiles on their faces.

Thanks!

chris56
04-11-2020, 01:31 AM
here in Austria we are not allowed to visit someone, not even the parents or so, we didn`t see our three kids in the last weeks .. so as I have an empty parking lot here.. I drive in a circle like a gold hamster
but here it seems that its getting better and better now !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8PQqLOFB3I

Mikey
04-11-2020, 07:15 AM
here in Austria we are not allowed to visit someone, not even the parents or so, we didn`t see our three kids in the last weeks .. so as I have an empty parking lot here.. I drive in a circle like a gold hamster
but here it seems that its getting better and better now !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8PQqLOFB3I

Chris, they say when the world gives you lemons make lemonade! That looks like fun ad it's good practice also! Some day we will be maybe back to some sort of normal life, I hope!! Love the pit run, thought you was going to high mark the pit bank!!!:cheers: Stay healthy and safe!