PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out the color so I can get touchup paint

FAAQ2
04-08-2020, 06:44 PM
I have a 2013 Spyder ST SM5 and it is Silver Grey in color. I need to touchup some dings on the hood - But I can't seem to get the right color.

I ordered the magnesium but it was too dark - I don't know if it is Silver Platinum Satin or Full moon Silver - I am new to this Spyder - But I would like to
touch up the dings on the frunk ! - it just seems harder to figure out the paint color then it should be..

OK - now what ? :yikes:

merlot
04-09-2020, 02:31 AM
now what?

take a small panel to a good paint shop and have them "flash" it
they will tell yyou what colour it is(in real terms,not BRP terms)

i have an F3 colour is "intyense red".....the flash shows "ford candy red" so i was able to go to Supercheap and get a spray can for this exact colour
im sure many other colours from BRP would be taken from "everyday" car colours

russ

JayBros
04-09-2020, 05:56 AM
Go to a body shop and give them the BRP number, B-366, and PPG number, 937658, and the shop should be able to show you the color. Take a side panel to compare.

johnv50
04-09-2020, 07:25 AM
According to Colorite your color is "Pure Magnesium Metallic".

tntnj
04-09-2020, 07:29 AM
Touch up paints with metallic , normally does not quite match when using a brush for touch up. There is a person here who is a body paint man who verify this. In my younger years I used to do body and paint on cars. Take to a body shop have them match the paint and have them spray it.

FAAQ2
04-09-2020, 08:16 PM
Yes I know but when I use that color it always comes out darker then the rest if the paint.

Copperman
04-09-2020, 08:40 PM
My pearl white RT622 is in the body shop now getting painted to match my chalk, 2020 RT Limited. They first matched the BRP code for my paint color and when they did a test it was way too dark. The painter said it didn't have any (enough) pearl in it. I left them a panel off my RTL and they matched it perfectly. I should have it on Monday.

YIRYDE
04-09-2020, 08:51 PM
My RT622 is in the body shop now getting painted to match my chalk, 2020 RT Limited. They first matched the BRP code for my paint color and when they did a test it was way too dark. The painter said it didn't have any (enough) pearl in it. I left them a panel off my RTL and they matched it perfectly. I should have it on Monday.

That looks great, you should post this Pic under your trailer thread.

Copperman
04-09-2020, 08:59 PM
That looks great, you should post this Pic under your trailer thread.

Thanks, I'm pretty excited about it. This is the first picture I have of it painted. I'll wait till I get it back to post before and after pictures. It was pearl white.

EdMat
04-10-2020, 08:02 AM
My pearl white RT622 is in the body shop now getting painted to match my chalk, 2020 RT Limited. They first matched the BRP code for my paint color and when they did a test it was way too dark. The painter said it didn't have any (enough) pearl in it. I left them a panel off my RTL and they matched it perfectly. I should have it on Monday.

Copperman, if you don't mind the question, what's the ballpark price quoted for the paint job? I had looked at buying a used trailer and inquired at a local repair shop and they said $1,500 to $2,000. I didn't get it done.

Copperman
04-10-2020, 09:16 AM
Copperman, if you don't mind the question, what's the ballpark price quoted for the paint job? I had looked at buying a used trailer and inquired at a local repair shop and they said $1,500 to $2,000. I didn't get it done.

$700.00

EdMat
04-10-2020, 09:55 AM
$700.00

Thanks. I had the figure of $750 in my mind when I asked them.

Copperman
04-10-2020, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I had the figure of $750 in my mind when I asked them.

I got that quote from two different body shops.