PDA

View Full Version : How many owners.......

2dogs
04-08-2020, 01:14 PM
How many spyder riders have handicap plates on their scooters, and why?

ARtraveler
04-08-2020, 01:51 PM
I do. Heart issues. Plates on the car and one bike, a HC placard for the other bikes when I am riding them.

Bfromla
04-08-2020, 02:11 PM
1 here TBI :p 180251

bigbadbrucie
04-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Wish we had the plates up here....I have the plastic hanger to hang on my car mirror, but nothing to use on my Spyder.

Saluda
04-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Nope.

Haze
04-08-2020, 03:58 PM
I have a handicap plate on the Spyder.
I also made a copy of the handicap hang tag from my car that I Velcro to the Spyder Windshield.
Aortic Aneurism and Stroke is enough to warrant the tag.

Copperman
04-08-2020, 05:34 PM
You mean a preferred parking pass?

ARtraveler
04-08-2020, 06:14 PM
Wish we had the plates up here....I have the plastic hanger to hang on my car mirror, but nothing to use on my Spyder.

Hang tag put into a clear plastic bag. Two clothes pins clip it to the windshield. No scratches with the plastic bag. Never had one stolen off my bike. That includes sitting in a parking lot all day over a period of 11 years.

Tango
04-08-2020, 06:19 PM
I have the form filled out and signed by the Doctor. Have not gone to DMV as of yet. Wife has a knee replacement, and I have micro tears of one of my achilles tendons. Walking can be a real pain to the both of us. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

Peter Aawen
04-08-2020, 08:46 PM
I have a Disability Parking Permit, (TPI Ex-Serviceman due to TBI & Peripheral Neuropathy) but we only get rigid placcy 'windscreen tags' with an ID card/permit inserted into a slot on the front here in Oz; these wonderful contraptions come with a hook to hang the whole thing off the rear-view mirror, IF you happen to be in a cage!! :p So I've trimmed the hook bit off mine & put the remaining rectangular card/ID/Permit bit inside a placcy envelope, and now it can either hang out of the slot where the 'read before ryding' card hides (where it makes good shade for the dash. ;) ); or it slips down behind the windscreen between it & it's support frame. And it will still work while displayed on the dash of my cage when it needs to! :thumbup:

2dogs
04-08-2020, 09:00 PM
You mean a preferred parking pass?

No, a disabled or handicaped license plate attached to the rear of your spyder authroized by a doctor's filling out the appropriate form. There are several good posts here regarding the plastic rearview mirror hanger and how to adapt it to a spyder. That would qualify also.

2dogs
04-08-2020, 09:13 PM
It's a litttle hard to "like" a post here that briefly explaines the ailments that allowed a poster to get a handicap plate. When I read those posts I skip the "like" and hit the "thanks". That thought didn't hit me until I began reading the posts. All in all each one of us are on a 3 wheeler for one good reason or another. Probably because it's HAPPY TIME. :yes::yes:

Copperman
04-08-2020, 10:15 PM
No, a disabled or handicaped license plate attached to the rear of your spyder authroized by a doctor's filling out the appropriate form. There are several good posts here regarding the plastic rearview mirror hanger and how to adapt it to a spyder. That would qualify also.

I really do know what they are. This was my feeble attempt at being funny.

ozarkryder
04-08-2020, 10:47 PM
We have wheelchair plates on Gloria's car and on the Spyder. She has some lower back/leg nerve damage from an old car accident and both her knees are messed up. We have a hang tag I keep in the truck in case we are both in there, but I am on the paperwork for the hang tag as I also have a knee that occasionally pops out, necessitating wearing a brace, possibly using a cane or sometimes crutches for a few days.

wmjkweber02
04-08-2020, 11:17 PM
Just got mine. Have a placard for the car, but that's not feasible for the Spyder. Age and arthritis limit severely limit my walking distance.

2dogs
04-08-2020, 11:27 PM
I really do know what they are. This was my feeble attempt at being funny.

Ok, got it. Thanks.......

Revalden
04-10-2020, 12:41 AM
I had a 2nd Handicapped Placard on the Spyder but someone stole it while I was in a store. Pissed me off. I'm a 100% Disabled Combat Vet and have a Purple Heart plate on my Spyder and can use Handicapped Parking spaces and of course the few Purple Heart Parking Spaces if one is available. Not many in Oklahoma. More in Missouri.

jaherbst
04-10-2020, 07:08 AM
Handicap plates on all Cars, Spyder and Motorhome. Placard in map plastic top on tank bag for BMW R1200R LT. Why motorhome--Pull thru H/C parking at rest stops now for truckers and motorhomes. Artificial Knee and fused spine.

H/C placard stolen off Spyder overnight in Yuma AZ. Same trip parked at Starbucks in CA, police made me move after I explained my situation and told them I was registered as H/C in AZ. Still made me move. Guess who pulled in it after I moved Spyder, you guessed it the same police who made me move the Spyder. I went back out and asked them why? They got hostile when I asked to see their H/C permit and told me they could park any where and anyplace they want including H/C parking spaces. I know that is not true but arguing with Cops is futile at best, right!

Jack

2dogs
04-10-2020, 01:05 PM
Handicap plates on all Cars, Spyder and Motorhome. Placard in map plastic top on tank bag for BMW R1200R LT. Why motorhome--Pull thru H/C parking at rest stops now for truckers and motorhomes. Artificial Knee and fused spine.

H/C placard stolen off Spyder overnight in Yuma AZ. Same trip parked at Starbucks in CA, police made me move after I explained my situation and told them I was registered as H/C in AZ. Still made me move. Guess who pulled in it after I moved Spyder, you guessed it the same police who made me move the Spyder. I went back out and asked them why? They got hostile when I asked to see their H/C permit and told me they could park any where and anyplace they want including H/C parking spaces. I know that is not true but arguing with Cops is futile at best, right!

Jack

Jack, those cops were handicaped, they are commonly knows as "Adam Henerys."

Motorcycledave
04-10-2020, 01:41 PM
How many spyder riders have handicap plates on their scooters, and why?

I have them ( handicapped plates ) on all 3 of my motorcycles. #1 reason they cost less #2 park most any place you want
#3 why not if you are disabled
I have them on my Shop 1 ton duly and our 2 cars. I don't pay weight fees on the truck.
using a handicapped plastic hanger is a waste they get stolen all the time it is much harder to remove your lic. plate.