PDA

View Full Version : Just a low motorcycle growl

Ensleyboy
04-07-2020, 11:02 AM
I want an exhaust that has a low growl, projecting power but not loud. Can anyone make a recommendation?

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-07-2020, 11:26 AM
I want an exhaust that has a low growl, projecting power but not loud. Can anyone make a recommendation?

I like to listen to music using speakers .... I have the stock muffler ( 14 RT ) and got the " cat " delete with the " baffle ". The tone got became lower but the decibel level only went up slightly...... Mike :thumbup:

RICZ
04-07-2020, 11:37 AM
You didn't mention which model you have, shame shame. If it's a 1330, you will never get a "motorcycle growl" out of a three banger.
Like Mike, I have the stock muffler and a RLS cat delete with expansion chamber and a mild baffle. It produces a smoother, lower tone but only a tad louder.
Talk to Ricky at RLS, he's the designer / builder and he can tell you exactly what sound you will get. This is a good time to spring for his products as he's offering $50 off right now.

MONK
04-07-2020, 06:34 PM
...RLS cat delete...
Talk to Ricky at RLS, he's the designer / builder and he can tell you exactly what sound you will get. This is a good time to spring for his products as he's offering $50 off right now.

Who is RLS? URL? When I google RLS, I only get hits for Restless Leg Syndrome. Thanks.

RICZ
04-07-2020, 09:05 PM
Here ya go......
https://www.rlsexhaust.com/products/2013-2014-can-am-spyder-punisher-series-long-model

Revalden
04-08-2020, 01:23 AM
I got one of Ricky's Cat Delete resonators also. With the stock exhaust it was still too quiet for my tastes. Ricky built a 90 deg extension for me and I bought a Aprokovic clone from china for about $40.00, but they can be bought from Amazon for about same the price. I love the sound and I believe it's faster and shifts like a dream. And for this price I can buy several if it burns out for the price of the real thing or even other brand name mufflers. And the muffler is EASY to take off and put on a different color or whatever.

KX5062
04-08-2020, 09:39 AM
You didn't mention which model you have, shame shame. If it's a 1330, you will never get a "motorcycle growl" out of a three banger.
Like Mike, I have the stock muffler and a RLS cat delete with expansion chamber and a mild baffle. It produces a smoother, lower tone but only a tad louder.

I totally disagree. A triple will emit a lovely growl, especially a Triumph triple. If you're looking for a potato-potato rumble, then it won't do that. ;)

RICZ
04-08-2020, 11:52 AM
I totally disagree. A triple will emit a lovely growl, especially a Triumph triple. If you're looking for a potato-potato rumble, then it won't do that. ;)
My thought was that he was looking for that Harley sound. But you are right about the Triumph 3.

fatboy
04-08-2020, 01:47 PM
just switched to the rls from the one i got from lamonster love it deeper notes and i think i runs better having to train my ears to shift points again

Mazo EMS2
04-08-2020, 02:48 PM
RLS Exhaust is what I have now. I had the cat delete pipe, but I smelled more fumes with that pipe and the stock muffler. Now, I have the stock cat and the RLS muffler. Much better tone to it

MONK
04-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Anybody have any sound bytes of the cat delete/resonator pipe thing on a 1330? I wouldn't want much (if any) louder, but a deeper rumble would be nice.

Peter Aawen
04-08-2020, 09:07 PM
Check with Ricky at RLS Exhaust, Monk. :thumbup:

They've got a lot of pics & a fair few vids too! :ohyea: You can send Ricky a PM, his username is the bit I've highlighted back in my first sentence; or you could go to the Forum Home page, scroll down thru the list of Sponsors, and simply click on the RLS Exhaust pic/logo thingy to go straight to their site. :2thumbs: