PDA

View Full Version : Rain seat cover?

P.W.
04-03-2020, 03:20 PM
Hello everyone,
We have a 2019 rt with factory seat.....What are my options for a seat cover for when it rains?
I see Ultimate seats offer one but it's made for there seat...not sure if it would fit our stock seat???

Thanks for your time and help,
P.W.

MONK
04-03-2020, 05:02 PM
Not sure you need one w/the stock seat (regular or Comfort). I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

spyderider1
04-03-2020, 05:05 PM
If you're concerned about having a "wet seat" the BRP 1/2 cover would be adequate. It covers the windshield, dash, seat and as far back as the antenna.

P.W.
04-03-2020, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the help.......Yes, I concerned if we stay in a hotel someplace and it rains overnight we'll have a wet butt the next day.

Bfromla
04-03-2020, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the help.......Yes, I concerned if we stay in a hotel someplace and it rains overnight we'll have a wet butt the next day. another great use for hotel towels just dry off seat & let cleaning get out with rest (usually b4 11:am ) still have clean ones in room when you get back.:thumbup:

MONK
04-03-2020, 07:00 PM
I didn't realize you were referring to a bike cover. I thought you were referring to an actual seat cover. I have the 1/2 cover as I don't have a garage. It works well although I've had a few times when condensation has gotten under the cover. I'll take the cover off to find the seat is damp (no pooling water). The only real issue I have with the 1/2 cover (and probably as full cover aswell) is that it loosens the rubber cover at the base of the antenna. I never listen to FM and have an XM receiver so I've thought about removing the FM antenna if I can find a good cover for the remaining hole.

P.W.
04-03-2020, 09:03 PM
I'am looking for just a seat cover....but the 1/2 cover is also a good idea that I never thought of.

imfleck
04-04-2020, 05:51 AM
I keep a large trash bag in my frunk and when I'm done for the day I lift the seat and slide it on. Voila! Seat cover for rain/dew while at a hotel. I realize it looks like crap, but I don't care about those kinds of things.

JayBros
04-04-2020, 07:15 AM
BRP PN 219400722, fits both OEM and Comfort Seat and works like a champ.

P.W.
04-04-2020, 09:02 AM
Thanks guys for the info.!!!!

JeffandLori
04-04-2020, 10:15 AM
I keep a large trash bag in my frunk and when I'm done for the day I lift the seat and slide it on. Voila! Seat cover for rain/dew while at a hotel. I realize it looks like crap, but I don't care about those kinds of things.

I use a large construction trash bag too. The seat latch pokes through to latch and have actually ridden in a heavy down pour with it. But I can be kinda cheap sometimes.

Revalden
04-05-2020, 01:14 AM
Here in Oklahoma summer time I usually ride in my shorts and a muscle shirt. It's freakin' hot here. While in Branson. Mo. we were eating dinner while a thunderstorm poured down a deluge. Our helmets were on the handle bar locks, and absolutely FULL of water. It was still 80 deg. so we poured the water over our heads, put them on and rode back to hotel. Or wear our waterproof gear. As a side note, my 2014 Triumph Trophy SE has a special seat covering, even right after a rain you don't get Wet Ass and it's not slippery.

Purple Guy
04-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Hello everyone,
We have a 2019 rt with factory seat.....What are my options for a seat cover for when it rains?
I see Ultimate seats offer one but it's made for there seat...not sure if it would fit our stock seat???

Thanks for your time and help,
P.W.

Yes an Ultimate rain cover will fit an OEM set.
That being said, they are not built with the highest of quality unlike their seats.
I have purchased 2 of them, 1st one I got 2 years out of and the 2nd only 1 year!
Here is a (Canadian) link to the one BRP sells that I bought. Though not cheap it is worth every cent!
Very high quality, perfect fit. Will last as long as the bike!!!
https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/ca/en/shop/spyder-accessories/covers/seat-rain-cover-for-all-spyder-rt-models.html

honsfun
04-05-2020, 12:50 PM
https://www.jpcycles.com/product/802-159/mustang-rain-cover-for-seats-with-driver-backrests?gclid=CIj_-b-h_c0CFcUmhgodNqwGCg
This looks ok, Cheap enough

ozarkryder
04-05-2020, 01:03 PM
another great use for hotel towels just dry off seat & let cleaning get out with rest (usually b4 11:am ) still have clean ones in room when you get back.:thumbup:

If I need some towels to dry off the seat while hoteling it I just ask one of the room attendants for one. Always have gotten the largest bath towel, and if I think it will get oily or I need to get some nastiness off the seat or tupperware I'll ask the laundry manager for some worn out ones. They are happy to pass out older towels rather than find some nastyness among the regular human soiled laundry.

Deanna777
04-05-2020, 01:35 PM
I use a BRP 1/2 cover which fits over the windshield, mirrors, seat, passenger seat, and goes over the trunk, and antenna, secures to the floor boards with straps.

Deanna

pegasus1300
04-05-2020, 07:23 PM
If I need some towels to dry off the seat while hoteling it I just ask one of the room attendants for one. Always have gotten the largest bath towel, and if I think it will get oily or I need to get some nastiness off the seat or tupperware I'll ask the laundry manager for some worn out ones. They are happy to pass out older towels rather than find some nastyness among the regular human soiled laundry.
Thank you for pointing this out. Whenever I asked they have always been happy to give me a towel that they can no longer use for the guests.

JayBros
04-05-2020, 08:03 PM

I found that out at a Quality Inn in Taos last summer when one of the char ladies asked me if I needed any for my Spyder and then made it a routine practice to ask at other hotels whenever I needed some. Never got turned down.