PDA

View Full Version : Say a little prayer for my boys

Lamonster
08-01-2009, 07:37 AM
My oldest son Lance just left for Iraq for a mission to clear an area for the Army to setup. Lance was just promoted to Sargent. I guess where he's going is considered a "hot zone". Depending on how the mission goes he could be there as short as 3 months and as long as 8 months. From there he goes to Afghanistan.

My middle son Nathan is in Djibouti working on helicopters. He said it was 135 degrees there the other day, I can't even imagine that. I guess the good news is there is no fighting where he's at.

Both Lance and Nathan are Marines but they finally talked their little brother Alex to transfer from the Marines to the Air Force before he goes to boot camp. Problem is the corp seems to be dragging their feet on getting his paper work submitted so as it stands he'll be going into Marine boot camp at the end of this month.

So as it stands all my boys and I'm sure all the men and service women could use our prayers right about now if you're the praying type. Thanks

http://www.bigbikeriders.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=11&pictureid=85

Magic Man
08-01-2009, 07:40 AM
We'll keep them in our prayers for the lord to have them all return home safe. :thumbup:

MM

BumbleBee
08-01-2009, 07:43 AM
We will pray for their safe return. Our nephew is also in the marines, and left today for Iraq. My prayers are with all of them :pray:

Zerocool
08-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Absolutely!

gazey
08-01-2009, 08:15 AM
I've got two boys of my own. Brett 14 and Nathan 11. Must be tough to see your boys leave the nest so to speak.
I wish them all a safe return.

Remmos
08-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Will do...

Jeff in Dallas
08-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Definitely will keep them in our prayers!

Brevet05
08-01-2009, 08:54 AM
God's grace to you and yours! My year in Iraq was very much a demonstration of the power of prayer. Thanks for raising strong sons and for asking us to share in their prayer team. Godspeed to each of them.

chascarpenter1
08-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Semper fi and God speed.

effgjamis
08-01-2009, 09:26 AM
MY....... your boys are good looking chaps... I don't see your genes at all.....

My prayers are with your sons, and may God see their safe return home.

vt228
08-01-2009, 09:27 AM
We well :pray: That God Look over them and keeps his hands over them .keeping them safe from harm way.
till the day they come home to stand beside you as one family .
we all pray for your sons and for you Lamonster and your wife . proud father you are
each week in church I well put in a request for the church to pray for them till they safely come home ....
:pray::pray: your friend Don vt228 :pray::pray:

Jimmy Neutron
08-01-2009, 09:42 AM
Will Do Lamont. I am sure its rough on you and your wife. To be so proud but scared for your kids at the same time.. God Bless

DynamoBT
08-01-2009, 10:17 AM
A fine group of boys there Lamont. You and your wife must be very proud.

My husband and I do not have children. It's easy to forget that the men and women who serve our country are someone's sons and daughters. I can't imagine what it must be like to have your child in a war.

I will pray for your sons' safe return home. I am grateful for their service.

ataDude
08-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Lamont... your boys, and their family, are in my prayers.

And, tell them THANK YOU SO MUCH so their service! /o

2spyders
08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I'll keep them in my prayers, as I do all of the men and women serving our country!

retread
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I will add them, your wife, and you to my prayer list, please thank your sons for what they are doing for us.

john

NautiBrit
08-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Prayers coming from Arizona. God bless you all, and all of our troops.

Capt John
08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Definitely will keep them, you and your wife in my prayers. The hardest thing about having children is letting them go. I have found great comfort in knowing that I have a God who I trust with the most precious gifts He has given me...my children. I'm sure you feel the same.

spy1166
08-02-2009, 12:40 PM
We will be praying for your boys and all the soldiers & their families. :pray:

Twodog185
08-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Lamont, let them know we're proud of 'm. You've done good. We hope to hear of their safe return.

ElkSpyder
08-02-2009, 03:04 PM
In my prayers , thank them for the service please. God Speed for a safe homecoming.

frleo
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
I recall my parents concern when I was deployed to Viet Nam. It was prayer and communication [via mail in those days] that gave us all strength and perseverance.
I will support your family in my prayers.

---frleo---†

pastorchuck
08-02-2009, 05:46 PM
We're all praying for them, my friend, and don't forget His promise in Psalm 91:

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”
Psalms 91:14-16 (NLT)

Arana
08-02-2009, 06:28 PM
My prayers are with them and you.

Thanks For their service.

emac1
08-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Prayers sent from Nebraska....God bless them, keep them safe and hurry them back home again! :pray:Give them all of our thanks for serving our country..freedom is never 'free'.
Ellen

dltang
08-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Lord, Lamont has asked for a prayer of protection around his son's as they depart or have been deployed to protect our rights and liberties. In the name of Jesus, I ask a hedge of protection around those young men and the arms of comfort around Lamont and his wife. Amen

Also, Lamont, as Pastor Chuck already mentioned, Psalms 91. Give a copy to each of your boys and have them pray it each day. Our pastor was just talking about this today, how we have service men and women praying Psalms 91 for the Lord's protection. We are asked to learn it or read and pray it for all of our mission trips as well. You know all too well, the strength of God's word.

bjt
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
We're all praying for them, my friend, and don't forget His promise in Psalm 91:

14 The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me.
I will protect those who trust in my name.15 When they call on me, I will answer;
I will be with them in trouble.
I will rescue and honor them.16 I will reward them with a long life
and give them my salvation.”
Psalms 91:14-16 (NLT)

Amen.

9 If you make the Lord your refuge,
if you make the Most High your shelter,
10 no evil will conquer you;
no plague will come near your home.
11 For he will order his angels
to protect you wherever you go.
12 They will hold you up with their hands
so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.
13 You will trample upon lions and cobras;
you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet!

Prayers sent for protection of your boys.

pphantom538
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Our prayers go with them.

NewRider
08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
My prayers go with you and your sons...and all the others who serve our country and the American people.

NewRider (20 years USAF, and three tours in Vietnam...)
Flora, Indiana

MarkLawson
08-03-2009, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the request Lamont. It's always a privilege to approach God's throne with our needs. Consider it done.

glynnk
08-03-2009, 11:07 AM
I know you're very proud. Will keep them in thoughts and prayers.

Glynnk

irish2themax
08-03-2009, 05:54 PM
As a veteran myself, I salute your sons for their patriotism and I appreciate their service. It's not too difficult to serve during peacetime but It takes a special breed to serve during times of conflict.

I will definitely keep them in my prayers.

Brian

MSGTDOC
08-03-2009, 07:43 PM
MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GO OUT TO YOUR BOY'S AND ALL SERVING AND TO YOU AND THE WIFE

SpyderJo
08-03-2009, 09:54 PM
As a AF 25 year retiree, I appreicate all your sons are doing for us and our country. You bet, I'll keep them in my prayers.

Director
08-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Lamont, here is a prayer for servicemen and women that I found. Simple, but it says what needs to be said:

'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."

May your boys come home safe and sound.

Bruce

superfly3
08-06-2009, 12:00 AM
My prayers go out to them and hope for a safe return home.:pray:

dragonheart
08-06-2009, 12:22 PM
Indeed the Lord gives you strength to carry on which in turn is sent to your boys if you just ask. That is how we got through our son's three tours during this war. We always kept positive and placed him in God's care. He returned with a broken jaw courtesy of an Iraqi (now has a purple heart and a steel plate in his jaw), all through the protection of our Lord.

We thank your sons very much for their service.

Motza
08-15-2009, 09:01 PM
:pray: May god watch over them and keep them safe and out of harmsway...
Amen

Smylinacha
08-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Sending my prayers & good vibes and a big huge THANK YOU to them and to your family

Roaddog2
08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
:pray: Done :pray: And please tell them thank you for me :ani29:

hammer663
08-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Our prayers also go with them. Lamont.

Dukester
08-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Your boys are in my prayers. My son was there for 15 months in the Army repairing Blackhawks and Medical pick up. He's now back there for 1 more year with L3 Communications as a contractor. It's parents like you who raise great kids that make this Country great. I know your as proud of your sons as I am of mine. Once again my prayers go out to you and your wonderful sons. Thank them for all of us.

The_Spyderwoman
08-18-2009, 06:02 PM
My prayers are with you and yours.

I pray for all service men and women to come home safe and to be strong while away. Coming from a military family, I was a Marine, my husband as well and we have a daughter who is now a Lt. in the Marine corps.

It's very tough to see them off, but they are being guarded as well by the best in the world.

May God bless them and guard them from harm.

Semper Fi

krb1945
08-25-2009, 02:10 AM
all our military men and women and our grandson Christopher. He is in the Marine Corps.

Fine looking lads you have there and they could not be doing anything greater at this stage in their lives. Assisting other people to be free... well "there is nothing more honorable!":thumbup:

As parents or grandparents we do worry about them all the time. All we can do is support them and pray for their safe return and God will take care of the rest.