PDA

View Full Version : Cardo App and BRP Connect

Flamewinger
03-30-2020, 11:47 AM
I got the new Cardo Packtalk JBL headset because of its ability to connect to other brand headsets easier. (Have yet to try pairing to other brands).

The headset needs to be connected to directly to the phone for the app to work. Then you can set FM radio stations, make other headset connections and a few other things. The problem though is if I have the headset paired to the phone as well as the bike, when I turn the bike on the headset connects to the bike which means its no longer directly connected to the phone. SO . . . when I open the Cardo app in the dash it (the phone) wants to have direct connection to the headset to work but the headset is currently connected to the bike. Basically the app in the bike is useless. So I'll just have the headset paired to the bike and remove headset from phone unless I need to change settings.

The Headset is very nice and has better sounds compared to Sena. Was just hoping for a better turnout and their support is pretty much just as useless.

Anyone have solutions?

Thanks

Elwood58
03-30-2020, 04:35 PM
Just go to bluetooth on the phone and connect to the Cardo. Once you have set your station presets, and configured group members etc, you will not be reliant on a connection to anything. The very good news is that Cardo has submitted software to BRP Connect so eventually you will be able to configure your Cardo headset through your Spyder.

Flamewinger
03-30-2020, 06:12 PM
Thanks. Wonder why the Cardo reply to my help question didn't mention anything about a software update. The current Cardo app doesn't work as it needs headset to phone and not headset to bike to phone.

BigJohn
06-11-2020, 01:01 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a brand new member of the group, and purchased my lightly used 2020 RT a couple of weeks ago. Though my iPhone and my Cardo Scala Freecom 4+ indicates that they are pair to BRP Connect, nothing seems to be working as promised. My headset is paired but remains disconnected and I can not activate the headset. My phone is paired but my incoming phone calls do not come through to my headset. The only way I can use what's available on my iPhone 7+ is to pair my Freecom directly to my phone. Unfortunately, when I do that, I am unable to enjoy the features in BRP Connect. Help! I'm new to BRP Connect.

Flamewinger
06-11-2020, 11:26 AM
Hi everyone! I'm a brand new member of the group, and purchased my lightly used 2020 RT a couple of weeks ago. Though my iPhone and my Cardo Scala Freecom 4+ indicates that they are pair to BRP Connect, nothing seems to be working as promised. My headset is paired but remains disconnected and I can not activate the headset. My phone is paired but my incoming phone calls do not come through to my headset. The only way I can use what's available on my iPhone 7+ is to pair my Freecom directly to my phone. Unfortunately, when I do that, I am unable to enjoy the features in BRP Connect. Help! I'm new to BRP Connect.

For the bike’s system to work you need to have the headset paired ONLY to the bike. Along with the cable will make it work in the bike’s dash. There are videos on YouTube as there is a BRP Connect User Group on Facebook.

SpyderAnn01
06-11-2020, 11:59 AM
Also make sure that you have the audio set to helmet. The button on the lower left on the gas tank changes audio from speakers to helmet.

BigJohn
06-11-2020, 08:13 PM
My bike shows that my iPhone and Cardo Freecom 4+ are paired to the BRP Connect; however when I check to see if my BlueTooth "helmet" is connected, BRP says that it is NOT connected. Then, when I attempt to pair my Cardo to BRP, via bluetooth, it repeatedly says that BRP is unable to connect. I don't understand! Should I remove the Cardo bluetooth choice from my bluetooth settings menu on my phone?

Flamewinger
06-11-2020, 10:21 PM
Your phone and headset are paired to the bike and if you can hear music and sounds and see the BRP Connect in the dash then you're good. I have found that the Cardo app in the dash doesn't work unless the headset is directly paired to the phone which confuses the system. the phone and headset should only be paired to the bike (BRP Connect).

Remove any headset pairing on the phone.

BigJohn
06-13-2020, 11:02 PM
...Remove any headset pairing on the phone.

Thanks, Susie; that last suggestion fixed everything.