PDA

View Full Version : Highway Pegs

gerald37
03-30-2020, 08:59 AM
I am looking at Lomonter's highway pegs for a 2019 RT. I can't decide on the NBV or the FBB. I would like to hear from someone that has used both. Is one stronger than the other ? WHICH is the best pesto use?
I

KX5062
03-30-2020, 09:38 AM
I haven't used both, but I did have the Lamonster pegs on my old 2014 RT and I can endorse the product. It is a very good design that doesn't require removal to do routine oil changes. It put the peg in the right spot for me and was very well made. As to strength, they're strong enough for normal use, but I wouldn't stand on them. They wouldn't tolerate that kind of abuse.

gerald37
03-30-2020, 10:02 AM
Were they the one's that bolt to the floor board or bolt a head of the floor board ?
S

Arion
03-31-2020, 10:21 AM
Gerald, I'm in the same situation as KX5062 in that I haven't used both. I watched Lamonster's videos concerning both types and chose the NBV version that bolts ahead of the floorboards. My interpretation of the No Bad Vibes was that they were less prone to vibrate than the floorboard mounted version (though that's merely my opinion and perhaps reading between the lines).

I can say that Lamonster's products are first class and I'm entirely satisfied with the NBV version. They served me well during two rather extended trips from San Antonio, TX to Tucson, Tombstone and Bisbee, AZ and a 1600 mile trip through the Texas Big Bend country.

KX5062
03-31-2020, 11:08 AM
Were they the one's that bolt to the floor board or bolt a head of the floor board ?
S

NVB mounted ahead of the floorboards, which I didn't have. I had pegs on my base model RT.

pegasus1300
03-31-2020, 12:51 PM
I am looking at Lomonter's highway pegs for a 2019 RT. I can't decide on the NBV or the FBB. I would like to hear from someone that has used both. Is one stronger than the other ? WHICH is the best pesto use?
I

If you don't have floor boards I don't think you can use the FBB's. I had the NBV's on my 2012 and they worked very well. When I put Seal Floor Boards(no longer made) on I removed as the boards got in the way. I found them very sturdy and very comfortable.

gerald37
04-01-2020, 09:10 AM
If you don't have floor boards I don't think you can use the FBB's. I had the NBV's on my 2012 and they worked very well. When I put Seal Floor Boards(no longer made) on I removed as the boards got in the way. I found them very sturdy and very comfortable.

I have a 2019 RT with floor boards so I can use either foot pegs. Looks like the ones out front are a little further out which I would like.

gerald37
04-01-2020, 11:09 AM
I decided to go with the floor board mount (FBB). I watched the videos on the Flooding boards and Slingmods pegs. They are both cheaper in price but they do not look like the quality that Lamonster's foot Pegs are. I am going to purchase the FBB from Lamonster Garage.

Yeochips
04-01-2020, 01:47 PM
post pics , once installed!:2thumbs:

Snoking1127
11-14-2020, 12:15 PM
I installed Baldwin Iron Works highway pegs on our new to us 2018 RTL. The angle of the peg did not match the foot, so I put a little twist in the vertical arm and now they are right!