PDA

View Full Version : License Plate Light to Tail Light. Keep Stock

vendit
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
I took my stock license plate reflector off tonight. Just remove the one phillips screw in the middle of the lense. The red lense sits on top of the black housing. After looking at it, I decided to take my dremel with a cutoff disc and CAREFULLY cut grooves in the black plastic housing from the backside around the sides of the screw hole, and below. I was extremely careful not to cut through to the red lense. I cut away a bunch of the black plastic, leaving the black nub that the screw goes through to fasten to bike. It works great! Now I still have the light shining down on the plate, but also have an additional rear tailight. The light shines through the red lense. MAKE SURE you DON'T CUT THE BLACKPLASTIC ABOVE THE NUB THAT THE SCREW GOES THROUGH! You still need this area in tact to hold the assy. on your bike. :2thumbs:

BeRight
07-31-2009, 09:56 PM
Great idea. It would be nice to see pictures of inside and outside.

igor
08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
can u post a picture(s) ? Thank you.

vendit
08-01-2009, 07:37 AM
I am on vacation, and will have to post picts when I get home. Basically, just remove some of the black plastic on the inside. The outside is unchanged, but by removing the black plastic on the inside, it allows the light to shine through the red lense. It works great! Nice and Bright!:clap:

krb1945
08-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Conversion from just a reflector/license plate lite to a brake light / running light and license plate lite using only three watts of power vs the 10 watts the factory bulb uses.

I show how to convert and what the metal nmn led puck holders look like. If you need a mount bracket and want to try it this way pm me and I will mail you one. I'd like to get some on the street so people can let me know how to improve the mount bracket.

I also show the first attempt and the current in use improved bracket.