PDA

View Full Version : Balancing Vredestein Quatrac 5

sledman
03-26-2020, 11:01 AM
I'm putting these tires on the front end of my Spyder. They have no balancing dots on the sidewalls, but there is a blue dot inside on the tread portion. Can anyone here tell me if this dot is for balancing?
Thanks!

SpyderAnn01
03-26-2020, 11:20 AM
This article should shed some light on tire dots. https://www.tirebusiness.com/article/20070813/ISSUE/308139967/are-you-seeing-dots-those-color-coded-sidewall-markings-serve-a-purpose

Lew L
03-26-2020, 12:10 PM
Thanks Ann, Always learn something new on this forum. "Red dot"--- thought it's a sighting device for firearms------ I'd rather have a laser.

Lew L

h0gr1der
03-26-2020, 12:44 PM
Mr Lew,
I took my front tires and rims to a car tire place with a road force balancer. That is a great machine. Adjusts the high spot to work with the out of balance condition to give you a tire that runs true with the minimum amount of weight. Some places are a little uptight about putting car tires on a motorcycle rim, so I tell them it's for a trailer.

Lew L
03-26-2020, 03:39 PM
Mr Lew,
I took my front tires and rims to a car tire place with a road force balancer. That is a great machine. Adjusts the high spot to work with the out of balance condition to give you a tire that runs true with the minimum amount of weight. Some places are a little uptight about putting car tires on a motorcycle rim, so I tell them it's for a trailer.

Thanks h0g,
In a similar vein----- When I had the rear tire (Altimax)installed on my RT, the tech rotated it on the rim to get a balance with NO weights. Wish they could have done that with the new Vredesteins fronts but they took very little balancing weights. nojoke

Lew L

Tango
03-26-2020, 04:07 PM
Mr Lew,

It's not a motorcycle rim. Says so on the inside. :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-26-2020, 04:44 PM
Thanks h0g,
In a similar vein----- When I had the rear tire (Altimax)installed on my RT, the tech rotated it on the rim to get a balance with NO weights. Wish they could have done that with the new Vredesteins fronts but they took very little balancing weights. nojoke

Lew L

just a footnote ..... I didn't even bother to balance my last 5 rear tires .... it's just not necessary .... jmho .... Mike :ohyea:

MONK
03-26-2020, 06:15 PM
Thanks Ann, Always learn something new on this forum. "Red dot"--- thought it's a sighting device for firearms------ I'd rather have a laser.

Lew L

Had both. Much prefer a red dot, especially once you get used to it.

troop
03-26-2020, 06:27 PM
All three of my OEM tires/wheels had a crap load of weights stuck on from the factory. All three wheels balanced out nicely with one weight each with the car tires installed (Vredestein Q5 fronts/Cooper CS5 Ultra rear). After that, I put appropriate amounts of Ride-On sealant/balancer in each tire. Rides/tracks perfectly...

sledman
03-26-2020, 07:54 PM
Thank you Ann for the link! And thanks to all for your input.