PDA

View Full Version : Ride???

8LEGS
07-30-2009, 11:32 PM
I'm off work the 5th and 6th, anyone want to ride somewhere??????
:chat:

Maybe we could meet up with NewRider and Welcome him to Spyderlovers. We could ride to Lafayette and have lunch somewhere.

Just sayin!

:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

8LEGS
07-31-2009, 12:45 PM
Anybody?

retread
07-31-2009, 01:18 PM
5th and 6th? That's Friday & Saturday. Where do we meet? What time? I'll see Mark tonight, see if he can make it.

john

Trickie Dick
07-31-2009, 06:22 PM
Where we going 8 legs? I know we will have a least 2 lunch stops.:roflblack:

NewRider
07-31-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi, Everyone...

Well, I'm able to make it. Unfortunately, Kathy has to work Friday, so it will be only me, if we congregate on Friday, the 5th.

Kathy recommends the 9 Irish Brothers tavern, on Highway 38, as a potential place. Another possibility might be the Bob Evans Restaurant, at the I-65 Exit onto SR 26, west side of the Interstate. We're both amenable for other suggested places to meet.

Looking forward to meeting y'all...:2thumbs:

Doug the New Rider
Flora, IN
P.S. I need to mention: I have a Learner's Permit, so it's only daylight hours for me...dang it...don't have my 30 days accumulated...:coffee:

NewRider
07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
OOPS!:yikes: U-m-m-m...which month are we talking about...5-6 August is a Wednesday-Thursday...which cramps me a bit..

Doug the NewRider :dontknow:

8LEGS
07-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Actually, the 5th and 6th is on Wednesday & Thursday, and 2 lunch stops are fine, but I'm only going to eat once! LOL. :2thumbs:

I'm free both days so anything works for me.

NewRider
08-01-2009, 10:05 AM
I double-checked my weekly schedule...both days are free for me. So, whatever our Fearless Leader ;) and the group decides is fine with me...

Incidentally, don't forget the Freedom Ride on Saturday, August 8th. This annual ride will leave from Delphi, then go somewhere on backroads to an agreed meeting place, for food and fun. I only became aware of this event, two days ago. I'll go dig up the details and post them here. This event has been going on for some years...

Doug the NewRider
Flora, Carroll County:thumbup:

retread
08-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Okay, thanks for setting me straight on the dates, I really need a better calendar.
Do we HAVE a fearless leader?

john

NewRider
08-01-2009, 12:05 PM
H-m-m-m...I thought 8LEGS is/was our Fearless Leader...:bowdown:

Doug the NewRider
Flora

8LEGS
08-01-2009, 03:15 PM
H-m-m-m...I thought 8LEGS is/was our Fearless Leader...:bowdown:

Doug the NewRider
Flora

:roflblack:, I'm just the chatty one! :ohyea::yes::yes:

NewRider
08-01-2009, 06:25 PM
Ahem! Well, okay...8LEGS is not our Fearless Leader. Neither am I...:dontknow:

Anyway...this is what I can tell everyone. Kathy and I ate lunch at a really delightful place today:

Nine Irish Brothers Pub.
3520 State Road 38 East. Lafayette
It's across from Raisor Ford, next to a Lafayette Savings Bank Branch, and a hop, skip and jump from Tippecanoe Mall. Easy access from I-65.

It's a true Irish pub, run by the O'Bryan family. Authentic Irish decor, food and Irish drinks, of course. A waitress there told me...if we know how many are coming, they could reserve one of their banquet rooms in advance for our personal use. A VERY nice place, friendly staff and the food was WOW! So, for what it's worth...if anoyone else has suggestions, please let 8LEGS et all know. But, this would be my choice, for a fun place to assemble.

Wednesday or Thursday...or should we let the weather forecast decide?:coffee: It's up to all of usns, I guess...:chat:

Doug the New Rider
Flora, IN

8LEGS
08-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Either day works for me. The weather for Wednesday is looking good.

:ohyea:

WOOHOO ! ! ! ! ! ! ! just realized I finally hit 500 posts!!!!!:ohyea::ohyea::ohyea:

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Wednesday is looking good weather wise. Doug, I could ride to Flora and meet you somewhere, then on too the pub you suggested. Any thoughts John or Dick? Anyone from the south interested in going? While we are there I think I'll stop into Action Motorsports and talk to JD and see about my recall getting done.

Since I am off that day anyway, I'll still plan on going to Action Motorsports regardless if we meet up then or Thursday. I just want to ride!

:doorag:

I'll be working tonight and back in again in the morning, quick turn-around. I'll check the boards tomorrow.

Most of you have my Cell #.

NewRider
08-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Wednesday is fine with me, 8LEGS. We might want to keep an eye out for impending thunderstorm activity. Best bet to meet me in Flora would be at the intersection of Highways 18 and 75. There's a Marathon station with a big lot, on the southwest side. That should be okay.

Any particular time?

I can also let Tim O'Bryan, the pub owner know we're coming, if we can get a handle on the number planning to convene there. (I have both his phone number and e-mail address...)

Let me know, everyone...

Doug the New Rider
Flora, Carroll County;)

NewRider
08-02-2009, 08:26 PM
OOPS! I forgot to mention...my SE5 is still new, so I'm limited to a top speed of 50 mph. Our route to the pub will be mostly back roads.

Doug the New Rider:opps:

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 10:08 PM
50? :spyder: I went over 50 in my break in period. I think it's best to vary you speeds and not stay the same speed for an extended amount of time, but back roads are fine with me, get to see the countryside!

Since we're going to be so close to Action Motorsports we could stop there after lunch. I know John wanted to visit all the dealers in Indiana and he could get another one scratched off his list.

Any news on the central Indiana spyder riders?

:chat:

Tina:doorag:

retread
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Tina, I need time and date and location. Looks like Wednesday, that's good, I'm going to try to get Gary and Dick, but I don't know if he's back yet.

john

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM
ok John. Sounds good! I'll pm you later with the details.

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Wednesday is fine with me, 8LEGS. We might want to keep an eye out for impending thunderstorm activity. Best bet to meet me in Flora would be at the intersection of Highways 18 and 75. There's a Marathon station with a big lot, on the southwest side. That should be okay.

Any particular time?

I can also let Tim O'Bryan, the pub owner know we're coming, if we can get a handle on the number planning to convene there. (I have both his phone number and e-mail address...)

Let me know, everyone...

Doug the New Rider
Flora, Carroll County;)

When is a good time to eat lunch at the place you found? I could be in Flora by 10:30AM. We need to get a time set.

Lets have the others meet up with us at the pub at 11:30AM, if that is a good time.

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 11:02 PM
Nine Irish Brothers Pub.
3520 State Road 38 East. Lafayette
It's across from Raisor Ford, next to a Lafayette Savings Bank Branch, and a hop, skip and jump from Tippecanoe Mall. Easy access from I-65.

How about 11:30AM ?
Lunch, spyder chat, and Action Motorsports, ????????

Sound ok to everyone?:dontknow:

superfly3
08-02-2009, 11:14 PM
sorry I can't make it this time but will try for the next get together,just got back from a vacation so I don't think they would let me take anymore days,have fun and ride safe.:2thumbs:

Greg

NewRider
08-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Meet in Flora at 10:30, be at the pub at 11:30 works for me. I'll send Tim O'Bryan a note, to let him know a small group is coming for lunch and palaver. Does that work for everyone?

Doug the NewRider :agree:

retread
08-03-2009, 06:56 AM
I'll call Gary and let him know, see you then.

john

NewRider
08-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Hokay, Folks...

I just sent Tim O'Bryan, the pub owner, an e-mail, letting him know we were coming.:clap: I also mentioned I didn't know the size of our group, but I speculated between five and ten. Will that be close enough?

I also told him our arrival time would be between 11:30 and noon. A little slop time doesn't hurt! If Tim tells me of any problems with that, I'll pass it along ASAP.

See all of you there! :chat:

NewRider
Flora, Carroll County

Trickie Dick
08-03-2009, 07:55 AM
I'm in. Looking forward to those lunches with Tina. :roflblack: Sounds like fun. Proudcopop is in Lafayette. I'll pm him to see if he can meet us also. John, why don't you plan on coming by here and we'll ride up to Flora together.
This is Wednesday, right?
Dick

NewRider
08-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Yup, Wednesday...

A note on Flora...that was for me to meet Tina. If the rest of you want to go directly to 9 Irish Brothers, that's okay. However, if anyone else wants to come to Flora, and we all ride together, that's okay, too.

It will give Flora, population 2,141, something different to talk about...that's for sure...:roflblack:

Doug the NewRider
Flora

retread
08-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Hey, Dick, I was just going to call you, went on line instead. I'm waiting for Gary to call me, where and what time do you want to meet?

john

Trickie Dick
08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey, Dick, I was just going to call you, went on line instead. I'm waiting for Gary to call me, where and what time do you want to meet?

john

John, we can talk in the morning and make plans. Hope Gary can make it also. I got a pmail back from proudcopop(Ted) and he can't make it.

Hey Tina, we going to ride anywhere else?
Dick

8LEGS
08-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Hey Tina, we going to ride anywhere else?
Dick

??? I'm not all that familiar with the area. :dontknow:

8LEGS
08-03-2009, 08:05 PM
Was messing around and found the pubs website complete with a menu.

http://www.nineirishbrothers.com/

Looks good. :thumbup:

NewRider
08-03-2009, 09:28 PM
It's a fantastic place...they have Irish musicians come in, and start playing about 8:30 in the evening. I'm not sure what time they adjourn to the border, to beat up Englishmen...:roflblack:

For those of us leaving from Flora...I ran into a snag. My Spyder won't be ready to pick up until tomorrow. Thus, I didn't have a chance to recce the back woods route I was planning. We might go SR 26 through Rossville, until we get past Pettit. From there, it will be a dipsy-doodle, but pretty, secondary road to SR38.

I'll do my best to re-recon the back roads I was planning, tomorrow. However, there won't be much to see except high corn, mature soybeans, and a pair of dying VERY small towns. I'll do the best I can...

Doug the NewRider:spyder:

NewRider
08-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Say! I like that photo of five Spyder riders. I recognize (I think) Tina and John...who are the others therein?

NewRider:hun:

Some Guy
08-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Living in Michigan, I know about about the soybeans and tall corn. BUT...remember...those EVIL deer like to pop out of the corn fields at the last minute so they can get revenge for the hunting season!!! :lecturef_smilie:

Deer hate us! Ryde safe. :thumbup:

retread
08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Say! I like that photo of five Spyder riders. I recognize (I think) Tina and John...who are the others therein?

NewRider:hun:
That'd be Mark, from Franklin, Gary, from Greenwood, and Dick, from Carmel.

john

NewRider
08-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Hi, Everyone...

I had lunch at 9 Irish Brothers today. Our names are on their reservation list, arriving as a group between 11:30 and Noon tomorrow. I told Tim I wasn't sure how many would arrive...between five and a dozen, was my guess.

Tim's a great guy...I couldn't resist teasing a bit...saying we are motorcylists, not bikers. He grinned at that...

Tina, I'm assuming we're still on tomorrow for 10:30 at the Marathon station. Do we know of any other folks arriving with you? I recce'd the backroad route...not as bad with cornstalk blockage as I thought, so we should see some nice scenery...assuming the dratted weather doesn't throw us a curve ball again...sigh...:dontknow:

Doug the NewRider...
Flora, Carroll County

8LEGS
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure who all will be meeting at the station. I'll be the only one coming from the north, the others are south. All are welcome to join up with us at the station and enjoy the ride to the pub.

As for the weather, well, it's Indiana, but it is looking good. Nothing like what went through today. I would be surprised if our southern members have electricity. That string of storms packed a wallop.

I'll be at the station in the morning at 10:30.

Trickie Dick
08-04-2009, 05:45 PM
I talked to John this morning and he is planning on meeting me around 10:30 here in Carmel. I think we will ride up and meet everyone for lunch at the pub. Should be there between 11:30 and 12:00. Looks like only 2 of us so you might want to contact the pub and let them know. Looking forward to it. Hope the weather holds. No power problems here.
Dick

retread
08-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Gary called, we'll be meeting up for the ryde tomorrow. Fun coming!

john

superfly3
08-04-2009, 10:26 PM
You guys have fun and ride safe, and new rider welcome
sorry I couldn't make it,you know how it is work and all.

NewRider
08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Thank you, Superfly...

Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully, next time...I have a few ideas for another ride or two in this area running through my noodle.

NewRider:spyder2:

superfly3
08-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Maybe we can put a ride together for a weekend.:2thumbs: glad to see you guys had a good turn out.:thumbup: