PDA

View Full Version : Mustang seat question

scwingman
03-22-2020, 11:23 AM
I have a 2015 Spyder RT-S with a Ultimate seat and I have the stock seat. Stock seat is way to soft and give us butt burn after only a couple hours. The Ultimate is wrong shape for me, I'm 5'10" 175 and my legs hit on the side if this seat. I can ride a little longer but still not what I want. Years ago I had a Mustang seat on my Harley and it was great. Just wondering for you guys or gals with the Mustang what your thought are.

Thanks

SCWingman

ARtraveler
03-22-2020, 11:27 AM
I have had a couple bikes with Mustang seats. I liked them a lot. NO experience with a Mustang on the Spyder line up though.

bigbadbrucie
03-22-2020, 11:47 AM
I have a 2015 Spyder RT-S with a Ultimate seat and I have the stock seat. Stock seat is way to soft and give us butt burn after only a couple hours. The Ultimate is wrong shape for me, I'm 5'10" 175 and my legs hit on the side if this seat. I can ride a little longer but still not what I want. Years ago I had a Mustang seat on my Harley and it was great. Just wondering for you guys or gals with the Mustang what your thought are
Thanks

SCWingman

Have you contacted MotorcycleDave for ideas on the stock seat?

scwingman
03-22-2020, 01:18 PM
OK does anyone have any input on Motorcycle Dave's seat gel insert?

toolie
03-22-2020, 02:35 PM
Yes I have tried Dave’s insert. It was a little better than stock then a Mustang which was even better, it was the most comfortable for the wife.
While I was riding the Mustang I sent the stock seat to Laam and had it costom built for us. I can now do a couple hours with out a break. I am over 80yo so it’s time for a break.
I still have the Mustang one piece with the backrest that I need to sell if interested.

Motorcycledave
03-22-2020, 04:23 PM
I have a 2015 Spyder RT-S with a Ultimate seat and I have the stock seat. Stock seat is way to soft and give us butt burn after only a couple hours. The Ultimate is wrong shape for me, I'm 5'10" 175 and my legs hit on the side if this seat. I can ride a little longer but still not what I want. Years ago I had a Mustang seat on my Harley and it was great. Just wondering for you guys or gals with the Mustang what your thought are.

Thanks

SCWingman

Hi Dave here ( OPEN for PHONE ORDERS ) at this time ... I had to through that in hahahaha
I think I can cure your butt burn problem and not brake the bank.
Give me a call 209-887-3283
7 days a week, I am in California.

Lin
03-23-2020, 05:26 AM
I stopped at Mustang Seats last year to look at a seat for my RT. They brought out a seat and my wife and I sat on it briefly. What jumped out to us, was the width of the seat at the passengers legs. It was wider than was comfortable for my wife.
Just our observations.