PDA

View Full Version : Meet/Eat Sugar Land Area

glynnk
07-30-2009, 10:14 PM
3wheeldemon posted an earlier message about a ride to Galveston, but the message has been expanded to discuss a possible meet/eat get together somewhere in the Houston area to attract Spyder Ryders. Thought moving the post might attract more interest. Below is the original post on a possible meet/eat.

Doesn't look like we've got a lot of interest from Houston area riders yet. In visiting with some other SCRC members, a suggestion was made about a meet location for us--Live Oak Grill, 12935 Dairy Ashford in the Sugar Land Area close to Highway 59. I've never been there, but it's apparently a biker friendly hamburger joint. Anybody heard of this place? I'd be willing to suggest we all meet there on Saturday, August 8th for lunch...say 12:00 noon. What do y'all say?

I take my Spyder in Friday, August 7th for the recall fix. Has anybody had that done yet?

GlynnK

3wheeldemon
07-31-2009, 07:09 PM
I am on for August 8th:yes:.

PS: Taking my Spyder to 600 miles service plus recall August 4th.

J

Arch
08-01-2009, 11:08 AM
We should be able to make this one.

Ed & Diane

Batmobile
08-05-2009, 08:57 PM
My wife and I would love to meet some of you but 1:15 or 1:30 would be the earliest we could make it. I have to work in the morning:cus:. Maybe you will still be hanging out?

Chris & Don Nell

glynnk
08-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I think we'll probably still be there. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Glynnk

glynnk
08-07-2009, 03:17 PM
Just got back in from my Conroe dealer. Went for an oil/filter change and the recall fix. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but they had to replace my engine cluster. I emiled them the "heads up" that Lamount pointed out concerning the laptop/ battery issue, but I'm not sure they follwed his advice. At this point, the engine does seem to run a little rougher then it did primarily between 50 and 55 mph. It does seem to corner and turn better. In any event, if the rough engine continues I'll take it back in for them to look at it.

Might should have planned a breakfast meet/eat tomorrow; the ride back from Conroe this afternoon was a bit warm!

Hope to see some of you tomorrow at the Live Oak Grill on Dairy Ashford in Sugar Land.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
I'lll be there:yes: Got my EZpass today just for that.

3WD

glynnk
08-08-2009, 09:39 AM
Look foward to seeing you today. Ed and I are trying to arrange a meet point for today's ride.

Glynnk

3wheeldemon
08-08-2009, 05:02 PM
Please see meeting report in the general forum "Houston Area Riders Listen Up"

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13020