PDA

View Full Version : Front Shock Replacement

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-19-2020, 05:58 PM
For those that have removed or replaced front shocks on an F3, how did you do it without removing plastic? thx in advanced

strykerAKAmack
03-19-2020, 06:52 PM
On F3-S just a short socket and box wrench all that was needed , nothing to remove plastic wise

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-20-2020, 01:07 PM
for the life of my I can't get the top bolts out. I even took the frunk liner out.

fatboy
03-20-2020, 02:05 PM
did you take the bottom bolt out first and raise the front end up

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-20-2020, 03:00 PM
did you take the bottom bolt out first and raise the front end up no I did not, I was just trying to get to the top bolt. Buy I can see how that would pivot the shock down to git straight in. Will try that. Thx

RICZ
03-20-2020, 10:08 PM
Does anyone have info on the spanner wrenches needed to loosen and tighten the shock adjusters on a 2017 F3L? Where can they be purchased?

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-21-2020, 10:30 AM
Finally got them suckers on. Thx for all the suggestions.

Buckskin
03-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Curious why you are removing the front shocks? Are you installing new aftermarket shocks? I have a spanner wrench that has a different spanner on each end and consequently is about 13" long and hard to get in there to make adjustment. I hadn't thought about removing the shock and putting in a vice and make one click/adjustment and reinstall it. Did you leave wheels on or remove them?

For those that have removed or replaced front shocks on an F3, how did you do it without removing plastic? thx in advanced

Buckskin
03-21-2020, 01:23 PM
Curious why you are removing the front shocks? Are you installing new aftermarket shocks? I have a spanner wrench that has a different spanner on each end and consequently is about 13" long and hard to get in there to make adjustment. I hadn't thought about removing the shock and putting in a vice and make one click/adjustment and reinstall it. Did you leave wheels on or remove them?

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-21-2020, 04:45 PM
I was putting a set of Elkas on.