PDA

View Full Version : Lamonster Garage

RogerTN
03-10-2020, 08:04 PM
Took my wife's 2015 RTL to Lamonster Garage a couple days ago. This is the second time that I have made the trip over there in the last couple years. I took my 2014 RTL prior to this trip.
I live In Rutledge,Tenn and my local dealer is 27 miles from my house in Kodak, Tenn.
It is 650 miles to Nixa, Mo from my house and every gallon of gas and every mile is well worth it.
Lamonster Garage is a class act and cares about their customers.
If his shop was 800 miles away I would make the trip !!

A HUGE thanks to Lamont and his crew

Thanks again

Roger

Revalden
03-10-2020, 08:21 PM
Both Lamonster and SpyderPops and their crews really know Spyders inside and out. What did you have Lamonster do to your Spyders? Nosey mind want to know ;).

ARtraveler
03-10-2020, 08:36 PM
:agree: Lamonster Garage is the place I have decided to go to for service on my Spyders. They did the service on both mine shortly after we moved to the area. Coming up again in less than a month.

Bfromla
03-10-2020, 09:08 PM
Both Lamonster and SpyderPops and their crews really know Spyders inside and out. ;).
:clap::firstplace::2thumbs: & don’t forget the nice wind therapy , fantastic views , along the way. :ohyea::doorag:

Revalden
03-10-2020, 11:52 PM
:clap::firstplace::2thumbs: & don’t forget the nice wind therapy , fantastic views , along the way. :ohyea::doorag:

And the awesome TWISTIES.

RogerTN
03-11-2020, 07:53 AM
My wife bought it used last year with about 1,900 miles on it. She has 3,100.00 on it now so I wanted Lamonster to go over it and check it out. I totally agree with the comment re Spyder Pops.At the Maggie Valley rally this past year she had a lot of of extras added to it and they also did a great job plus disabled her DESS module. It is a shame for what some of the dealers charge that you can not get the quality of service that Lamonster and Spyder Pops give all their customers.
After I leave their shop I feel good and just want to ride. I feel as if they really want you to enjoy your time on your machine.
Lamonster did the following:
changed the oil
Belt tensioner roller upgrade
Missing belt guard added
Double vision A arm led lights added
Changed out the oil drain plugs
Added the tire sealant
Added the usb power supply to her ph holder
Added the tie down ring kit for trailering the bike

I had previously taken my 2014 RTL there to disable the DESS module..wanted my local dealer to fix it and they were 3 weeks to get the part so I brought it to Lamonster to get this thing out of my life. That is after I waited for the part at my dealer... more wasted time.

I previously also had my local dealer in Kodak,Tn where I bought my 2014 add quite a few lights bump skid etc, then when I took it to Lamonster they had to "clean up" some of the wiring that my dealer did.

Needless to say I wont go back there and I drive by there very often.
I will use Lamonster or Spyder Pops they are both about same distance from where we live but well worth the trip
Hoping to get to both of Lamonster's rallies this year.

Thanks
Roger

Mazo EMS2
03-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Took my wife's 2015 RTL to Lamonster Garage a couple days ago. This is the second time that I have made the trip over there in the last couple years. I took my 2014 RTL prior to this trip.
I live In Rutledge,Tenn and my local dealer is 27 miles from my house in Kodak, Tenn.
It is 650 miles to Nixa, Mo from my house and every gallon of gas and every mile is well worth it.
Lamonster Garage is a class act and cares about their customers.
If his shop was 800 miles away I would make the trip !!

A HUGE thanks to Lamont and his crew

Thanks again

Roger

We're fortunate to live fairly close to a great dealer, but I agree with your sentiments regarding Lamonster.

davev1pa
03-22-2020, 04:18 PM
Just bought a 2012 RT L 3300 miles in Branson MO last week. I would have stopped by Lamonster if I had read enough info on this site prior to departure. It's only 400 miles so...Road trip!! Dave

MONK
03-22-2020, 06:45 PM
I know basically what the DESS is but why disable it?

jiffy
03-22-2020, 06:57 PM
If the DESS Module doesn't recognize your key. The Spyder will not start. And every time my F3S did this it was never convenient to attempt to figure out what action to take to get the thing started.

IdahoMtnSpyder
03-22-2020, 08:49 PM
I know basically what the DESS is but why disable it?

A few years ago due to unknown reasons the DESS failed to recognize the owner's key and so would not allow the Spyder to start. This was so common, but still only a small percentage of Spyders, that the DESS got enshrouded in a very negative image in the minds of many members. Then it was figured out that that DESS could be disabled with a higher version of the BUDs software and owner after owner started clamoring to get it done. If you look through the posts DESS failures have been pretty rare the last 2 or 3 years and the cry to disable the DESS has quieted down.

irvin48
03-23-2020, 09:13 AM
still wouldnt mind getting it done, anyone in wisconsin or northern ill. im in nw ill ?

davev1pa
03-24-2020, 10:28 AM
At Sturgis we would sympathize with the HD riders.My friends Harley sent a signal that de activated their security or some such nonsense and it was a real problem for these guys. Had to help push bikes away the whole trip.

easysuper
03-24-2020, 10:41 AM
While on our Coast to Coast ride last summer,we decided to stop at Lamont’s Shop as I needed to replace my rear tire and while we were there we than decided to do a number of things on both of our RTLs as we figured were going to be on the road for another month at least. The crew at Lamont’s is great and I can’t say enough great things about them. And to add the icing on the cake, with both bikes in his shop for the day Lamont offered us one of his beautiful bikes for the day.