PDA

View Full Version : Thread Locker (Locktite)

NorthAlabamaSpyder
03-10-2020, 08:09 AM
I sure would like to be the salesman that sold BRP thread locker. I hav had two Spiders and they pour that crap on.

ARtraveler
03-10-2020, 10:36 AM
That is a complaint we have heard many times. And...one time they forgot the thread locker, and antennas were falling off. I lost one that way. :roflblack:

bigbadbrucie
03-10-2020, 11:30 AM
That is a complaint we have heard many times. And...one time they forgot the thread locker, and antennas were falling off. I lost one that way. :roflblack:

Strange, I was just thinking that....would you rather they use no loktite? I mean, think of the consequences.

h0gr1der
03-10-2020, 11:41 AM
If you think that's bad, you should have tried to ride one of the Harley brand motorcycles before rubber mounted engines became available. Parts continuously falling off, even with the use of Loctite. I had started using the red one to prevent it. I attribute at least some of my nerve damage to that vibrating beast.

ARtraveler
03-10-2020, 12:23 PM
Strange, I was just thinking that....would you rather they use no loktite? I mean, think of the consequences.

It's a happy medium of how much is to much. And...it gives us something to talk about. :roflblack:

Revalden
03-10-2020, 07:50 PM
Heating bolts/nuts with Blue Loctite on them helps, and I've found Green Loctite to be quite useful.

troop
03-11-2020, 08:19 AM
I recently swapped out my std handlebars for some long reach bars. BRP, in their infinite wisdom, put threadlock on the tiny machine screws that hold on the cable clips !! Use a lot of pressure on the philips screwdriver when removing. Fortunately, all went well :)