PDA

View Full Version : Solutions for people with half helmets and wanting to listen to music

acdcking12
03-02-2020, 04:00 PM
So I have been using a full helmet so far this winter. But as it warms up, I will want the use of a half helmet.

What solutions do you guys and gals use for listening to music while riding?

Especially when on the highway?

I ride a 2016 F3-T

fatboy
03-02-2020, 04:22 PM
the speakers on the bik

acdcking12
03-02-2020, 04:23 PM
the speakers on the bik

I have no speakers on the bike

fatboy
03-02-2020, 04:40 PM
sorry it doesnt say what you ride

Gwolf
03-02-2020, 05:08 PM
Depends on the chin strap. You can wear ear buds with some of the shortie helmets. If they have the wide web across your ear, you can put speakers on it, but the wind noise is really bad. I wear a Bell 500 open face with wrap shield most of the time. Wind noise not too bad with the wrap shield.

LongIsland
03-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Use wireless ear buds. I have the Cardo Packtalk and when I switch to my half helmet I use wired earplugs from the Cardo mount to my left ear, I only cover one ear with the earphone. I wrap the excess wire around the Cardo mount.

Mazo EMS2
03-02-2020, 06:25 PM
I wear bluetooth earbuds regardless of which helmet I wear, full or half with no problems at all.

acdcking12
03-02-2020, 06:26 PM
I wear bluetooth earbuds regardless of which helmet I wear, full or half with no problems at all.

Which specific model do you use?

Cruzr Joe
03-02-2020, 06:30 PM
SENA has a half helmet with bluetooth speakers and a microphone built in

Really great system.

Cruzr joe

Headwrench
03-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Turn up the volume

rmag
03-02-2020, 07:00 PM
We use Sena SPH10H-FM intercom system that you can bluetooth to your phone or they have FM capability
Get a hold of Motorcyle Dave (site sponsor). He will fix you up and answer any and all questions you have. Dave is one of the good guys.

Ryde Safe. Rich

triplethreat
03-03-2020, 05:49 AM
Since I have a full head, I wear a full coverage helmet....summer, fall, spring...no matter the season or the temperature. Sweat will dry in a matter of minutes, head/facial injuries are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm obviously an ATGATT kind of guy.

AVBIZ
03-03-2020, 05:58 AM
Since I have a full head, I wear a full coverage helmet....summer, fall, spring...no matter the season or the temperature. Sweat will dry in a matter of minutes, head/facial injuries are the gift that keeps on giving. I'm obviously an ATGATT kind of guy.

Finally somebody said it. What’s the point of a half helmet anyway. +1 for ATGATT

Wahrsuul
03-03-2020, 06:31 AM
Finally somebody said it. What’s the point of a half helmet anyway. +1 for ATGATT

That's what I was thinking.

triplethreat
03-03-2020, 07:45 AM
Trust me guys and gals, I've never been shy about the way I feel about ATGATT. Every person has a choice about what they wear when they ride, and for the last 30 years or so of riding, every single time I throw a leg over the seat, I am fully geared up. Full helmet, riding suit (full leathers or full textile), over the wrist/cuffed leather gloves, and motorcycle specific leather boots. In my opinion, you dress for crash, not for the ride. I've been doing this since 1971 and I've been down on the street a total of one time. I went down with full gear on, and even though I suffered a pretty bad concussion and three broken ribs, I didn't have a scratch on me anywhere. I simply cannot imagine how much worse the injuries would have been if I had been wearing tennis shoes, blue jeans, no gloves, and some sort of make believe helmet that didn't cover my entire head. As i stated, we all have choices, and full gear is my choice

acdcking12
03-03-2020, 07:51 AM
Trust me guys and gals, I've never been shy about the way I feel about ATGATT. Every person has a choice about what they wear when they ride, and for the last 30 years or so of riding, every single time I throw a leg over the seat, I am fully geared up. Full helmet, riding suit (full leathers or full textile), over the wrist/cuffed leather gloves, and motorcycle specific leather boots. In my opinion, you dress for crash, not for the ride. I've been doing this since 1971 and I've been down on the street a total of one time. I went down with full gear on, and even though I suffered a pretty bad concussion and three broken ribs, I didn't have a scratch on me anywhere. I simply cannot imagine how much worse the injuries would have been if I had been wearing tennis shoes, blue jeans, no gloves, and some sort of make believe helmet that didn't cover my entire head. As i stated, we all have choices, and full gear is my choice

I do appreciate exactly how you feel. As you said, we all make choices. If it is in the middle of summer, and I wear full gear, I might as well stay home. I will be miserable and unhappy. So I dress down when it is hot so that I can enjoy the ride.

I was just asking for audio suggestions.

jerrydonna
03-03-2020, 07:53 AM
SENA has a half helmet with bluetooth speakers and a microphone built in

Really great system.

Cruzr joe

we have 4 sena helmets, 2 half and 2 full face

triplethreat
03-03-2020, 08:52 AM
I do appreciate exactly how you feel. As you said, we all make choices. If it is in the middle of summer, and I wear full gear, I might as well stay home. I will be miserable and unhappy. So I dress down when it is hot so that I can enjoy the ride.

I was just asking for audio suggestions.

Sorry....I kind of veered off course with the discussion about riding gear. My apologies and hopefully you can get it figured out what you need to work for you.

Motorcycledave
03-07-2020, 05:12 PM
So I have been using a full helmet so far this winter. But as it warms up, I will want the use of a half helmet.

What solutions do you guys and gals use for listening to music while riding?

Especially when on the highway?

I ride a 2016 F3-T

DO YOU ALREADY HAVE A 1/2 Helmet? if so all your dreams will come true with the SENA SPH10H FM head set made for the 1/2 helmets
I have them in stock. CALL for the price I can not post prices here SENA would not like it....
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 1/2 Helmet .... SENA has a great one called the CAVALRY with everything already built into it..... CALL me
for the price of that one as well 179302179304
MOTORCYCLEDAVE.COM motorcycledave@mac.com 209-887-3283 open 7 days a week

Mick N
03-07-2020, 05:35 PM
Thanks!

Bfromla
03-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Found while back179305 there are other variations

bigbadbrucie
03-09-2020, 08:49 AM
I have the Sena Cavalry helmet, and love it. I use the included “ear flaps” to help eliminate the wind noise, and except for heavier wind, I hear my tunes just fine. I also wear hearing aids, and as I said, except for heavy wind, I have no problem. Hope this helps.

acdcking12
03-09-2020, 09:08 AM
I ordered the cavalry helmet and shall see how it is.