PDA

View Full Version : Garmin Spyder Dealer List DONE!

Firefly
07-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks to the help of Ken Tompkins - we have the Spyder dealer list DONE for the Garmin.

What I have it a file that you can just drag and drop into your Garmin - and you will have all of the dealers at your fingertips.

I'll post some screen shots and 'how to's' later on tonight.

PM me with your email address and I can send it .

Works great.

Thanks again to Ken for doing much of the hard work on this!

The File I have is "Spyder Dealers 07-29-09.gpi".

This is how it works on my Garmin 550 - should be similar for all Garmin units:

To install :

1. Plug Garmin into computer via USB
2. Find Folder(on Garmin unit) "Garmin\POI"
3. Drag and drop "Spyder Dealers 07-29-09.gpi" file into that folder.

That's it!

To access them on your Garmin:

1. Select "Where To"
2. Scroll down and select "Extras"
3. Select "Custom POIs

That's it!

This will list the nearest 52 Spyder dealers to your current location.

You can also select "Spell" to search for specific dealers.

You can also find dealers near other cities:

1. Select "Where To"
2. Select "Near" at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select "Different City"
4. Type City Name in
5. Scroll down and select "Extras"
6. Select "Custom POIs

This will list the closest 52 dealers to the city you selected in Step #3.

If there is a way I can post this file out here for downloading - I will - otherwise just PM me your email and I'll send away!

Bersquack
07-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Nice work

Spydr in KS
07-29-2009, 02:13 PM
:agree::clap:

Lamonster
07-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Very cool.:clap: If you want to send me the file I can load it on our server with a direct link to download it. :doorag:

spydermouse
07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
:2thumbs:Please forward a copy to michael@spydermouse.com

8LEGS
07-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Very cool.:clap: If you want to send me the file I can load it on our server with a direct link to download it. :doorag:

Awesome! Nice work Firefly.

Roaddog2
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
:2thumbs::2thumbs: :clap:

TMehaffey
07-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Sweeet!:2thumbs: Nice work!
Thanks Guys:thumbup:

Firefly
07-29-2009, 06:19 PM
Here are some screen shots of how you get to them after you have them installed.

Firefly
07-29-2009, 06:20 PM
And the final screen with the info (My dealer).

Firefly
07-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Here are screen shots of how to find dealers near another city (not where you currently are).

vendit
07-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice job! We all appreciate your efforts! Can you e-mail me a link for downloading?

vendit@aol.com

Thanks!welcome

SPYDERPOPS
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
That is very cool! I just traveled over 6K this month coast to coast and it was always on my mind where a dealer might be just in case I had problems. Please send to harvey@repops.com
Thanks

Longlegs
07-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Wow that is gonna be just cool to have.
:bowdown:

DannyS
07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks Firefly I will add that to my 550 I am still learning it.:dontknow:

Putt-Putt
07-29-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow that is gonna be just cool to have.
:bowdown:

:agree:

Firefly
07-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Hope I got everyone that gave me their email address----

Please let me know if it's loading and working okay - especially on units other than the 550.
Hope it loads and works well for everyone-- please let me know!

I chose a different method for loading it into the Garmin than what Ken posted on Spyder Talk. He is supplying the GPX file - which requires using the Garmin POI Loader (free download from Garmin).

If anyone needs or wants the GPX file - I can send that also. I just thought copying the file right to the Garmin\POI folder was easier.

The GPX file and the GPI files have the exact same data--- just to avoid any confusion.

I'm looking into converting this also for other brands...

What would be the other top brands? Tom Tom, Lowrence, ????

effgjamis
07-29-2009, 11:28 PM
Thank you... got the download file....

WaltH
07-30-2009, 01:27 AM
Congratulations Guys:

It works like a charm! What a wonderful gift this is. Having the dealer list on my Garmin 550 has been very high on my wish list since day one on the Spyder. Long distance Spyder-travel has just become easier and safer.

I am grateful for the time and effort you contributed to the Spyder community.

Lamonster
07-30-2009, 06:35 AM
Thanks guys. Here's the link for a direct download.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/spyderdealersgarmin.gpi

bjt
07-30-2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks Firefly. I downloaded it from lamonster's link. Now I just need the Spyder back to test it out.

MarkLawson
07-30-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks!

FANG
07-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Thanks Firefly. You and Ken did an awesome job. Man I love this site. :2thumbs: :clap:

ElkSpyder
07-30-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks Firefly. You and Ken did an awesome job. Man I love this site. :2thumbs: :clap:

:agree::agree:

Thanks great job guys

Firefly
07-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I had one person contact me with a problem installing the GPI file. Their Garmin didn't have the "Garmin\POI" folder. You may be able to just create this folder and it may work.

If you have problems working with the GPI file, you can use the Garmin POI Loader and I have the GPX file I can also send/post.

The GPX file HAS to load using the Garmin POI Loader software.

The GPI file HAS to drag and drop as described in this thread.

You only need to do it one way or the other.

Contact me if you have problems.

Firefly
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
I found that Lowrance has a converter that will convert a GPX file into the USR format that the Lowrance units use.

If anyone wants to try this - just PM me and I can email you the GPX file.

Here is the link on the Lowrance site.

http://www.lowrance.com/en/Downloads/GPXtoUSR-Geocaching-Application/

If anyone has any other formats or brands of GPS they want---- let me know and I'll try to come up with a conversion.

gazey
07-31-2009, 02:22 AM
Nice work but when are you going to get Australia done.
:joke: just kidding, Tasmania will do for now :roflblack:

krb1945
07-31-2009, 03:49 AM
:thumbup::clap::2thumbs::bowdown:

Great work from one that knows how much work is involved in a project like this.... Thumbs up to you!

Firefly
07-31-2009, 07:54 AM
:thumbup::clap::2thumbs::bowdown:

Great work from one that knows how much work is involved in a project like this.... Thumbs up to you!

Thanks---- but please give due credit to Ken Tompkins too. With his list being closer to done than mine - this was able to come out much sooner!

bjt
07-31-2009, 08:07 AM
Thanks---- but please give due credit to Ken Tompkins too. With his list being closer to done than mine - this was able to come out much sooner!

:agree: Thanks for donating your previous hard work to help get this GPS file done.

flyjake
07-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Thank you SO much! Just uploaded and works great!

Lamonster
07-31-2009, 05:34 PM
Looks like I need a GPX or CSV file Bro. I have no way to load the other one that I can see.
I'm using a Street Pilot 7200

Please let me know if it's loading and working okay - especially on units other than the 550.

I chose a different method for loading it into the Garmin than what Ken posted on Spyder Talk. He is supplying the GPX file - which requires using the Garmin POI Loader (free download from Garmin).

If anyone needs or wants the GPX file - I can send that also. I just thought copying the file right to the GarminPOI folder was easier.

The GPX file and the GPI files have the exact same data--- just to avoid any confusion.

Lamonster
07-31-2009, 07:54 PM
Thanks for the GPX file Ken :thumbup:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=4822

Firefly
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Glad you got it working.... have had a few people that needed to load it the 'GPX' way------which is pretty easy also if you follow Ken's great instructions!

Thanks again Ken!

bjt
08-01-2009, 06:46 AM

Is that the big screen TV in your living room? :shocked: ;)

NancysToy
08-01-2009, 06:55 AM
Don't be silly......it's the one in his garage! :roflblack:

Lamonster
08-01-2009, 06:59 AM
I like my GPS to be big enough that other riders can share it with me on a ride. :D

Firefly
08-01-2009, 08:36 PM

Are you also getting the address text and phone number properly displayed when you select one?

The reason I ask is that mine looks like this when at the same screen as you:

jrl.spyder
08-02-2009, 07:14 AM
:clap::clap:

8LEGS
08-02-2009, 11:30 AM
My zumo 550 didn't have the POI folder, so I created one, works great! Thanks!

Lamonster
08-02-2009, 11:39 AM
Are you also getting the address text and phone number properly displayed when you select one?

The reason I ask is that mine looks like this when at the same screen as you:

Yes after I click the dealer.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=21&pictureid=4877

kentompkins
08-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Firefly (Dan Egan) and I just finished the Canadian Dealer list. We have it in both formats -- GPX and GPI.

If you'd like a copy, write me at kentompkins3@comcast.net and I'll send one out to you. You can also write Firefly for a copy.

ken tompkins

jimmykjimmy
08-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Here are screen shots of how to find dealers near another city (not where you currently are).
:clap::clap::clap:Great job!!!Can you send the file or link to:
james.w.horn@gmail.com Thanks again, above and beyond the call of duty.

jimmykjimmy
08-05-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks to the help of Ken Tompkins - we have the Spyder dealer list DONE for the Garmin.

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
4. Type City Name in
6. Select "Custom POIs

If there is a way I can post this file out here for downloading - I will - otherwise just PM me your email and I'll send away!

WOW! just downloaded file this is great. :2thumbs::2thumbs::yes: I'm sure it will need to be kept up but its a great tool, thanks again.

Firefly
08-16-2009, 09:45 PM
Bumb for noobs....

mjw930
08-26-2009, 10:54 AM

Lamont,

Could you post up a link to the GPX file you referenced a few posts ago? I found a coordinate error for our dealer and the only way to edit it and not lose all the extended data is to use the source GPX file (I haven't found a free converter yet).

kentompkins
08-26-2009, 01:11 PM
If you send the file to me, I will correct the originals though I'm not sure how to change the 50 or so already installed. I appreciate your catching the error.

ken tompkins
kentompkins3@comcast.net

Don in E Texas
08-26-2009, 02:20 PM
You guys ROCK!!!!:yes:

don

Firefly
08-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Lamont,

Could you post up a link to the GPX file you referenced a few posts ago? I found a coordinate error for our dealer and the only way to edit it and not lose all the extended data is to use the source GPX file (I haven't found a free converter yet).

What's the dealer info---- I'll check it against my info. Always a chance for file corruption...... Was it at least close on your dealer location?

mjw930
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
What's the dealer info---- I'll check it against my info. Always a chance for file corruption...... Was it at least close on your dealer location?

The dealer is First Coast in St. Augustine and it isn't anything you did, their address is not interpreted in Google the way it's written for the post office so Google takes a guess. It was off by over 30 miles but exactly where Google takes you when you input the street address.

I'll send the updated package of .gpx, .bmp and .gpi files to Lamont since you can't attach these file types to posts here.

BTW Thanks for all the great work pulling this together!!!!!!

dave01
08-26-2009, 08:38 PM
All loaded up..Thanks for all of the work

Firefly
08-26-2009, 09:23 PM
The dealer is First Coast in St. Augustine and it isn't anything you did, their address is not interpreted in Google the way it's written for the post office so Google takes a guess. It was off by over 30 miles but exactly where Google takes you when you input the street address.

I'll send the updated package of .gpx, .bmp and .gpi files to Lamont since you can't attach these file types to posts here.

Guess I'm confused....... Is the address correct and works in the Garmin? Not sure I'm understanding the 'google' connection. I'm not sure if google was used to Geocode these---- just can't remember right now.

Appears that we are either talking about a different dealer ---- or the address data was bad from BRP to begin with. There's bound to be some errors on the list--- figured we would try and update twice a year.

So the question is---- are these the same dealer? Did they move (twice)?? There is no move-update on file with the USPS for the "2630 US 1" address.

In the Garmin I show:

First Coast Can-am
2630 US 1 South
St. Augustine, FL 32086
904-797-8955

This is how it was listed in the BRP June 18th dealer list.

Looking online I found:

First Coast St. Augustine
200 State Road 16
St. Augustine, FL 32084

But then..... their website says they have moved to:

First Coast Honda has moved to our new location!
2000 North Ponce De Leon Blvd
St Augustine, FL 32084
904-829-6416

:dontknow:

mjw930
08-27-2009, 07:55 AM
Guess I'm confused....... Is the address correct and works in the Garmin? Not sure I'm understanding the 'google' connection. I'm not sure if google was used to Geocode these---- just can't remember right now.

Appears that we are either talking about a different dealer ---- or the address data was bad from BRP to begin with. There's bound to be some errors on the list--- figured we would try and update twice a year.

So the question is---- are these the same dealer? Did they move (twice)?? There is no move-update on file with the USPS for the "2630 US 1" address.

In the Garmin I show:

First Coast Can-am
2630 US 1 South
St. Augustine, FL 32086
904-797-8955

This is how it was listed in the BRP June 18th dealer list.

Looking online I found:

First Coast St. Augustine
200 State Road 16
St. Augustine, FL 32084

But then..... their website says they have moved to:

First Coast Honda has moved to our new location!
2000 North Ponce De Leon Blvd
St Augustine, FL 32084
904-829-6416

:dontknow:

I assumed Google was used to geocode these but that may have been an incorrect assumption after looking at it again.

First Coast is a group of 2 dealerships owned by the same person. First Coast Suzuki is where the Can-Am's are sold and is on US1 South. First Coast Honda was on RT16 in the same town and has recently moved to the 2000 N. Ponce De Leon address (also US1, but North....). A Google maps search of First Coast Cam-Am will not yield a valid result, you need to search on First Coast Suzuki.

Here's the actual location using a search on First Coast Suzuki

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=First+Coast+suzuki&sll=43.72546,-73.396912&sspn=1.25839,2.186279&gl=us&ie=UTF8&ll=29.933515,-81.323547&spn=1.509019,2.186279&t=h&z=9&iwloc=A

Now, if you plug in the street address as published by BRP (which is correct, just formatted differently) you get the same location but with less accuracy.

For some reason the coordinates registered in your file were about 30 miles further south in a different town (actually in an unincorporated portion of US11).

Here's where the coordinates in the original file located the dealership.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=29.305561,+-81.320801

It's perfectly understandable since FL has a really screwed up way of naming and numbering streets that seems to follow no logic what so ever. I'm amazed the mapping programs do it as well as they do.

Hope this clears it up. i can send you the updated file, just PM me your email.

pitmon
08-29-2009, 10:03 AM
I loaded this onto my Garmin zumo 660 and it works great!! Thanks! I just hope the updates were made to the spyderlovers download file before I got it today LOL. I loaded it into the 660 the same way as you said for the 550 and it works great. Now if the FedEx man will just show up with my Kewlmetal order I can get to work putting it on the bike:2thumbs::clap:! LOL.

groundeffect
12-29-2009, 07:07 AM
Does this POI list included Spyder dealers in Canada?

Thanks.

kentompkins
12-29-2009, 12:54 PM
I created a separate listing for Canada. It's available as a .gpx and .gpi file like the US listing is.

ken tompkins

Questions
12-29-2009, 02:42 PM
If you are looking for a web site to download and store this file, Try
www.poi-factory.com (http://www.poi-factory.com)

It is free and has lot of POI's for downloading for garmin and Tom Tom

Bob

groundeffect
12-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I created a separate listing for Canada. It's available as a .gpx and .gpi file like the US listing is.

ken tompkins

Hi there Ken, that is good news.

I went to the poi-factory site, but could only find the US spyder dealers. Do you have the file, perhaps you could email it to me?

thank you for your time.

Jornie1
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM
You guys are tooooo good to be true...What a wealth of information. I used the link Lamont posted: http://www.spyderlovers.com/spyderdealersgarmin.gpi (http://www.spyderlovers.com/spyderdealersgarmin.gpi)

From this link, downloaded it to my desktop, where it is handy. Open up "Computer" from the start button. Then open up the Garmin Zumo. In the Garmin folder find the POI folder. Now, just copy the file saved on your desktop and paste it into the POI folder in the Garmin.."Voila" ... No conversion necessary.

Thanks guys.. fantasmo!!! Len......Jornie1:2thumbs:

Note: Checked with my dealer today and he has talked with BRP and says that delilveries are ontime.

MouthPiece
12-29-2009, 07:56 PM
Thanks so much for the post and the offer. Would you please email to cray542464@aol.com. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks again.

Chris:shemademe_smilie:

groundeffect
12-29-2009, 08:21 PM
If you are looking for a web site to download and store this file, Try
www.poi-factory.com (http://www.poi-factory.com/)

It is free and has lot of POI's for downloading for garmin and Tom Tom

Bob

Thanks, Bob. Couldn't find the Canadian version for the Can-Am Spyder dealers on that site :(

Hamie
12-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks Firefly. I downloaded it from lamonster's link.

Questions
12-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Pls send me a copy of the GPX file. Thanks
rearnold@escapees.com

Bob

katnapper
08-16-2010, 04:52 PM
THANKS!:2thumbs:

Yazz
08-16-2010, 07:00 PM
katnapper,

Glad you resurrected this thread. Perfect timing with all the summer ryding going on.

One question for those who know...

Would this App work with a Droid?

Not too 'Puter literate and would love to have this information for future rydes.

Thanks!

katnapper
08-16-2010, 08:27 PM
LOL just found it, did a scearch for geocaching and garmin so it poped up, had to say thanks... LOL

TreeHillSpyder
08-17-2010, 01:46 AM
The new POIs work great! Thank you!:2thumbs:

StanTheMan
08-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Thank you FireFly. You rock!
:clap:

nudle
08-17-2010, 08:14 AM
:2thumbs: Firefly could you send a copy of the spyder dealers file. I could not open Lamonts file. nudle@rogers.com

katnapper
08-17-2010, 08:37 AM
:2thumbs: Firefly could you send a copy of the spyder dealers file. I could not open Lamonts file. nudle@rogers.com

Save it, don't try to open it. then start your garim software with it connected then drag and drop it. I think.. LOL

Bozzzz
08-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Please send whatever is needed to boz-@musician.org

Couldn't access anything with what's posted.

musicarcade
08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Anyone know if you can upload this with a Mac?:shocked:
Onto A Garmin Colorado 400 ?? :yikes:

bjt
08-17-2010, 04:33 PM
Anyone know if you can upload this with a Mac?:shocked:
Onto A Garmin Colorado 400 ?? :yikes:

I installed the initial file and the update that Ken made onto my Zumo 450 through a Mac. Like katnapper said, save the file to your computer then copy it to the Garmin in the appropriate spot. I think my Zumo had a specific folder for these types of files but I don't remember for sure and I'm not near the GPS to check it out.

cdragut
08-17-2010, 06:35 PM
very nice work!... may i have the gpx version, please?
regards.

cliffm4
08-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the poi. I have have creatiing my in my spare ahve done about 10 staes of lower 48. thanks again

musicarcade
08-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Could someone point me to , or send me the gpx file please?:helpsmilie:
Thank you!:D

dancogan
08-21-2010, 02:59 PM

What I have it a file that you can just drag and drop into your Garmin - and you will have all of the dealers at your fingertips.

Thanks to both of you. I installed it on my Zumo 660 last night and it works perfectly. I'm sure it was a lot of work, but you guys did a great job! :clap::clap::clap:

Hobstopper
08-21-2010, 10:56 PM
Ditto, Thanks Firefly and Ken.:bowdown: I am glad this post got brought back, I had just got my Zumo and was on the site looking around and saw it, I now have it loaded.:yes:

fastfraser
08-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the hard work and info !:thumbup:

manoman14
08-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Just got the file loaded. Works great! Thank you for all the work.:2thumbs: You guys rock!!!

sealfloorboards
08-24-2010, 11:37 AM
Hi Firefly,

This may be a stupid question to you, but what's a Garmin? I'm not the sharpest knife in the computer world so I could use a little education. I would likke to send my SealFloorboard to Can Am dealers accross he US. Is what you are offering the way to do it? I'm a new SpiderLovers sponsor and want to spread the news. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
sealfloorboards.com

bjt
08-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Hi Firefly,

This may be a stupid question to you, but what's a Garmin? I'm not the sharpest knife in the computer world so I could use a little education. I would likke to send my SealFloorboard to Can Am dealers accross he US. Is what you are offering the way to do it? I'm a new SpiderLovers sponsor and want to spread the news. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John
sealfloorboards.com

Garmin is a GPS manufacturer. The file / info talked about in this thread is downloaded to a Garmin GPS so a person can easily navigate to a Spyder dealership if they are traveling in an unfamiliar area.

Firefly
08-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi Firefly,

Thanks in advance,

John
sealfloorboards.com

Brian summed it up pretty well--- the Garmin is a GPS device that many of us use to find our way. The files that Ken and I worked on have all the dealers so you can have their locations ready to go should you have any problems while on the road.

For a list of dealers in PDF format you can get one here:

http://spyder.brp.com/NR/rdonlyres/48425B0B-2D21-4893-B6F3-90483FB17400/0/NA_DEALERS_WEB_DEC_3_09.pdf

pitbull
08-25-2010, 09:23 AM
really really awesome firefly! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

pwilbarger
08-27-2010, 07:24 PM
.....and may all your travels be safe and under fair skies.:2thumbs:

I'm new to this forum and the world of Spyderdom. As a matter of fact my RT-S SE5 has not been delivered yet but I have been promised by J & J Sales in Huron, OH that I have one coming after being screwed out of one by my local dealer. Hopefully by next week.
Downloaded and installed perfectly on my Zumo 450. Hopefully the GPS install on the RT-S will go as smoothly.

Phil

Bye-Bye Gold Wing:mad:

Firefly
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM
really really awesome firefly! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

It was a joint effort with Ken Tompkins out here.......

We have not updated it since the original, but then again I just checked the BRP site and they have not updated their dealer list PDF lately.

Zerocool
08-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Very cool Firefly! Thanks.

Works great.

To install :

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
3. Select "Custom POIs

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
4. Type City Name in
6. Select "Custom POIs

TicketBait
04-19-2011, 03:04 PM

Works great.

To install :

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
3. Select "Custom POIs

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
4. Type City Name in
6. Select "Custom POIs

Also read post #'s 9,10 & 11 in this resurrected thread for additional screen shot info

Finally got around to doing this. And it worked, I am amazed I was able to do it as easily as stated. I feel so accomplished now :D

This is a must have for spyderfest!!

THankyou Thankyou!!:yes:

Y Rider
04-19-2011, 04:39 PM
I guess BRP liked this idea. On the Garmin Zumo 660 that came with my 2011 RT LTD one the options was a list of all Can-Am Spyder dealerships.

Firefly
04-19-2011, 05:29 PM
I guess BRP liked this idea. On the Garmin Zumo 660 that came with my 2011 RT LTD one the options was a list of all Can-Am Spyder dealerships.

Interesting-- I wonder if theirs is more up-to-date than the one Ken and I worked on---- which we have not updated in some time--- life just gets in the way you know....

I'd be curious to see their list sometime if anyone can download the POI from their Garmin. Or maybe they only want it used on their version of the garmin?

madozier
04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Interesting-- I wonder if theirs is more up-to-date than the one Ken and I worked on---- which we have not updated in some time--- life just gets in the way you know....

I'd be curious to see their list sometime if anyone can download the POI from their Garmin. Or maybe they only want it used on their version of the garmin?

That is a good question because there have been several post about dealers closing in the last year. At one time there were three dealers in Memphis, Tn and now I think there is only one.

Firefly
04-19-2011, 06:37 PM
That is a good question because there have been several post about dealers closing in the last year. At one time there were three dealers in Memphis, Tn and now I think there is only one.

I'd like to find out if BRP actually did a list on the 660 or just stumbled across the one Ken and I made.... not that I care-- but if they have a newer updated Garmin list I'd like to have it-- otherwise we'll do another update as time allows.....

spydrluvr
04-21-2011, 09:28 PM
please send to brookim55@yahoo.com

Thank you

kim (spydrluvr)

8LEGS
04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Bump ......

smporter420
04-28-2012, 12:48 PM
send copy to smporter420@hotmail.com thanks

MRH
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Is there any way to load this in the Gamin iPhone app?

Dar
04-28-2012, 10:53 PM
I'll take a copy of this. justpasshere@yahoodotcom

Lone Spyder Ryder
04-29-2012, 10:34 AM

If anyone needs or wants the GPX file - I can send that also. I just thought copying the file right to the Garmin\POI folder was easier.

I would like a copy of both...
thanks
leoejr@hotmail.com

Littlebadwolf
04-29-2012, 11:02 AM
I'd like it for my Garmin also please....Littlebadwolf@aol.com..
Thanks guys for the hard work....Larry

CapNCrunch
04-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Works great.

To install :

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
3. Select "Custom POIs

That's it!

1. Select "Where To"
4. Type City Name in
6. Select "Custom POIs

Thanks for the offer. Could you please email the Dealer List to me. At gobv3@wildblue.net
Thanks,
B V : =)

SpyderLady
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
As some of us are getting ready to go on a long trip, I would also like a copy to download to my Garmin. Please send to austin.linda47@gmail.com.

Thanks

ICE
04-29-2012, 06:05 PM
for all the hard work! Please send a copy to boblee9090@gmail.com.

thanks again

Tin Can
04-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Thank you for all the work you have done. I would also like a copy.. lylethomas1@aol.com

joe schmoe
04-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks for all that you've done to develop the list...Could you send a copy to joeschmoe1869@gmail.com

Star Cruiser
04-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Great job! Could you send a copy of the file to me at: wmckiernon@rogers.com
I will load up the POI on my new Zumo 660

Sny
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Zombie post! :)

Should probably edit the first post and add

And make it sticky or something :)

currin20fan
04-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the hard work and info. Could you email a list to me also. Email is: currin@hargray.com
:clap:

bluestratos
04-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Hi Lamont,
The link will not open, it says it does not know the file type. Any thoughts?

Heliplt
04-30-2012, 01:10 PM
Work great, but the list needs to be updated. Some dealershave come and gone. since 2009

Sny
04-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi Lamont,
The link will not open, it says it does not know the file type. Any thoughts?
Right click, save as

kentompkins
04-30-2012, 06:42 PM
If BRP brings out a new list, I will convert it. The June, 2009 -- which I used to create the gpx file -- is the latest they have issued.

ken tompkins

Work great, but the list needs to be updated. Some dealershave come and gone. since 2009

alicej
04-30-2012, 07:23 PM
I would like a copy also.
alicej@ptd.net
I have a Tom-Tom. Do you have a specific one for the Tom Tom XL yet?

kentompkins
05-01-2012, 07:45 AM
I'm not sure whether those who want the Dealer's List (in GPX format) are getting it from the link Lamonster set up or whether you want me to email it to you. To make sure that everyone gets the file, let's do this: if you don't have the file and want me to send it to you, please send me your email address at

kentompkins3@comcast.net

and I will send it very quickly back to you. Also, I only have the file in .gpx and .gpi format which, as far as I know, only work on Garmins from the last few years.

I'll help as much as I can at long distance installing the file (it's really quite simple). I hope this clarifies things to get the file to those who want it.

ken tompkins

DR Buck
05-01-2012, 11:17 AM
My 2012 RT limited that I took delivery of on 16 April came from the factory with a POI list of Spyder dealers.

I did notice that the location of Ridersville Cycle in Berkley Springs WV shows up in the wrong place though. Although the address is correct, my Garman places the route end point near Sperryville VA, which is off by 108 miles. :yikes:

kentompkins
05-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Thank you very much for letting us know. I will check the gps location and fix it. Perhaps I mis-typed the long/lat number.

kt

I did notice that the location of Ridersville Cycle in Berkley Springs WV shows up in the wrong place though. Although the address is correct, my Garman places the route end point near Sperryville VA, which is off by 108 miles. :yikes:

mastertek2000
05-02-2012, 05:37 AM
you can not have any more PM

mastertek2000@comcast.net thanks

prmurat
05-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Sorry I am late for a request! Could you send me the file to: prmurat@hotmail.com

Thank you for your hard work!!

mastertek2000
05-06-2012, 05:19 AM
this worked great thanks a bunch we will be taking a ride from mass to Chicago in July

bill pitman
05-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Just saw this post for the first time.
Saved file, copied into my "Buell 550" and looks like it works great.

Thanks guys for the work put into this!

Bill

larrymz3
05-07-2012, 05:13 AM
Could someone please send me the list? I've messages the OP several times with no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kentompkins
05-07-2012, 05:54 AM
I have never gotten an email from you. Send me your email address -- or post it here -- and I'll send it right out.

ken tompkins
kentompkins3@comcast.net

Could someone please send me the list? I've messages the OP several times with no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SpyderLady
05-07-2012, 09:45 AM
Please send me a listing to:

austin.linda47@gmail.com

Several of us are heading out before Durango (will end up in Durango) and this listing will be very very helpful along the way.

Thanks for all you have done.

SpyderLady
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Thank you. I finally got it loaded and am having some difficulties, but it more than likely operator error:roflblack:. I will give it a try in the next few days and let you know. I had to use the gpi file that Lamont put on the site as the other one did not show up on my Garmin. You guys are the greatest. Love all the help and sharing.:yes: