PDA

View Full Version : Shame On BRP

fastfraser
07-29-2009, 08:34 AM
Had the good fortune to meet Dudley and Jennifer yesterday on what i call a lifes Odyssey . 50 to 60 days on the road taveling North America on their :spyder2: spreading nothing but info and good will about the :spyder2: even though a letter to BRP outlineing thier trip only got a have a nice trip reply. I know there are no free lunches and nore did they ask for one . But come on what a missed opportunity for BRP to pick up the ball and send them materials to pass out along the way. and or welcome them to BRPs plant in Quebec where the :spyder2: is built for a meet and greet. For a few trinkets out of a million dollar advertissing budget shame on you BRP.

This is only my view.:dontknow:

Kjen
07-29-2009, 08:49 AM
Why thank you Dan. Hope all doesn't hate us now; not meaning to whine. Especially I just read about Joans' trip-very intense.
Wonderful meeting you. Have fun and ride safe.

bjt
07-29-2009, 09:27 AM
I agree that it would have been nice for BRP to get an ambassadors kit or two to Dudley and Kjen for their road trip. However, from BRP's point of view, how many people ask for certain considerations, saying they are going to do something big but they never get around to doing what they said they were going to do? lamonster didn't get his Spyder related accolades until he setup and ran SpyderLovers for a while, helping thousands of Spyder owners and future owners. Magic Man wasn't considered the best Spyder accessory vendor until he developed and sold many of the things we like to make our rider better. dltang didn't get any recognition from BRP until she participated in some of the bigger events and posted numerous stories and helpful tips about Spyder stuff. I have to believe that Dudley and Kjen will get better consideration from BRP the next time they want to do something like this.

smokster
07-29-2009, 10:00 AM
I agree that it would have been nice for BRP to get an ambassadors kit or two to Dudley and Kjen for their road trip. However, from BRP's point of view, how many people ask for certain considerations, saying they are going to do something big but they never get around to doing what they said they were going to do? lamonster didn't get his Spyder related accolades until he setup and ran SpyderLovers for a while, helping thousands of Spyder owners and future owners. Magic Man wasn't considered the best Spyder accessory vendor until he developed and sold many of the things we like to make our rider better. dltang didn't get any recognition from BRP until she participated in some of the bigger events and posted numerous stories and helpful tips about Spyder stuff. I have to believe that Dudley and Kjen will get better consideration from BRP the next time they want to do something like this.
They can have my ambassador kit they sent out. Why do they think I want 20 dvds and a bunch of other promotional items to hand out. They spent way to much money sending us all these items to me. I love my Spyder and promote them through word of mouth, otherwise than that, I just want to ride. I am not their saleperson, I am a customer....sorry, had to say that...anyone need a box of self promotional items?:gaah:

Bersquack
07-29-2009, 12:33 PM
Toyota did not give me any schwag to give last time I went on vacation. Why should they give people stuff for doing something they wanted to do in the first place? If so, I want my next trip to be sponsored.

I agree with the marketing aspect, but still...

Don't get me wrong, this trip is awesome and I hope to do something like that one day, but I see no reason to blame BRP for not doing anything.

My $0.02!

glynnk
07-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Fastfraser--I agree!!!!

GlynnK

smokster
07-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Toyota did not give me any schwag to give last time I went on vacation. Why should they give people stuff for doing something they wanted to do in the first place? If so, I want my next trip to be sponsored.

I agree with the marketing aspect, but still...

Don't get me wrong, this trip is awesome and I hope to do something like that one day, but I see no reason to blame BRP for not doing anything.

My $0.02!
I have found in life, especially NOW, lower your expectations, you wont be disappointed then.. O...and turn off the damn TV.
Be causiously optimistic and suspend your thoughts on what you think it will or should be.
Ride safe !

Frig
07-29-2009, 03:19 PM
I went to a MC show where BRP was doing demo rides and a show area inside. They didn't even have shirts or goodies to sell there. Talk about poor marketing. I guess they just want their dealers to make the money. Problem is, my dealer doesn't have anything. Everything is a special order and I like to see what I'm buying first.

NancysToy
07-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Dudley and Jennifer travel light, and I mean light! They wouldn't have room for an ambassador's kit if they tried. Nice thought, and probably a good idea, but let's not bash BRP over a missed opportunity, especially one that was not asked for in the first place. It would be different if this was something BRP had refused, but that is not the case. If they want it, I'm sure our travelers will get the recognition they deserve, sooner or later. Many folks have taken long journeys on the Spyder, and have told their stories on the Spyder blog. None received any other recognition that I know of. BRP can do their marketing in whatever manner pleases them. Why should we bash them if we aren't shareholders?